GTKY questions

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2012, 11:23 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Let's get to know each other a little better!

1. Your Name?
2. Relationship Status?
3. Other Children?
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC?
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do?
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear?
7. Have you bought anything for baby?
8. EDD?
9. Gender predictions/hopes?
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear?

February 13th, 2012, 11:29 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
1. Your Name? Sarah (33)
2. Relationship Status? Married, celebrating 7th anniversary in Sept.
3. Other Children? Josiah (3), two angels in heaven
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? TTC since Oct. 2010, loss in May 2011, and Sept 2011. It took 5 cycles to get pregnant this time.
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? I teach K-6 music for two hours a week at a homeschool center, have a private voice studio two nights a week, and am opening a Music Together Center in April (I'll just be teaching one class a week).
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? I'd like to sell my bassinet and get an Arm's Reach co-sleeper
7. Have you bought anything for baby? When I was pregnant with my first loss, I bought a beautiful sleep sack...I've been hanging onto it for when we get our rainbow baby
8. EDD? 10/24, but I'll most likely have a planned c/s slightly earlier.
9. Gender predictions/hopes? I have no CLUE what I'm having! I would love to have a little girl, but I can honestly say I will be entirely happy just to have a healthy baby, boy OR girl!
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? The recovery from c/s...I had a really rough delivery with Josiah and was in the hospital for 5 days, so I am fearful of another bad experience. Although, my OB and I already have some plans in place to avoid some of the problems I had before.

February 13th, 2012, 11:49 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
1. Your Name? Nina
2. Relationship Status? Married since 2008; together since 2004
3. Other Children? None
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? Oh yeah it was planned! TTC since June 2010, got pregnant 1st cycle but m/c at 8 weeks. Been TTC ever since so it took about a year and a half to conceive again!
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? Yes, dog groomer. Going to school for criminal justice.
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? Oh gosh, I don't know yet. Right now I guess a doppler!
7. Have you bought anything for baby? We bought some clothes for the first one... Still have those. Other than that, just my "pea in my pod" shirt.
8. EDD? 10-16-2012
9. Gender predictions/hopes? Predicted a girl but really hoping for a boy. Obviously we will be thrilled with either but I think DH would feel more comfortable with a boy. lol.
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? Right now, m/c again. As for delivery fear-- not being able to have a natural delivery!

February 13th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Your Name? Angelina
2. Relationship Status? Married
3. Other Children? 4 girls
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? Yes/1cycle
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? SAHM
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? Baby Roo (s)
7. Have you bought anything for baby? No
8. EDD? from LMP 09/30/2012
9. Gender predictions/hopes? Boy(s)
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? PROM

February 13th, 2012, 12:03 PM
SuperMom
1. Your Name? Bonnie
2. Relationship Status?Married to my hubby for 5 years.
3. Other Children?My daughter Ava. She will be 4 yrs old in May and she can not wait to be a big sister!!
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? I stopped birth control a year ago. We weren't trying but weren't preventing either. We were going to start Clomid this cycle then I got my BFP!!
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? I am a veterinary technician at a vet's office. Been doing it for almost 7 years. Hoping to be a SAHM in the future :-)
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? a new breast pump
7. Have you bought anything for baby? No way! Don't want to jinx it :-)
8. EDD? October 21, 2012
9. Gender predictions/hopes? Predicted boy...praying for another girl
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? At this point..m/c and the babies health

February 13th, 2012, 12:05 PM
SLP83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Your Name? Emily
2. Relationship Status? Married 2.5 years
3. Other Children? None
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? Yep, this was lucky cycle #7!
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? I'm in my last semester of grad school for speech-language pathology
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? Nothing yet, I won't let myself think that far ahead I guess...
7. Have you bought anything for baby? Nope, too afraid of jinxes!
8. EDD? Haven't been to the doctor yet, but around Oct 21
9. Gender predictions/hopes? Either is perfectly okay with me, but for DH's sake I'm hoping for a boy
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? My biggest fear right now is losing the baby. That's why I can't bring myself to think about baby things/names, etc. just yet. I'll feel so much better after my first u/s, which is weeks away.
February 13th, 2012, 12:06 PM
praying for our rainbow
1. Your Name? Michelle
3. Other Children? soon to be 9 year old son and 5 year old step-daughter
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? Yes, 25 cycles
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? I work from home, I write articles for various companies
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? A doppler
7. Have you bought anything for baby? Not yet, just found out today
8. EDD? October 23rd
9. Gender predictions/hopes? I got a feeling it's a girl
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? Miscarriage again

February 13th, 2012, 12:18 PM
dawnmarie05860's Avatar Veteran
1. Your Name? Dawn Marie

2. Relationship Status? Enganged for a little over a year now.

3. Other Children? Two angel babies. (Ny first would have been turning for and was due with baby bean this April)

4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? Yes! This was our second month of actually trying.

5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? I used to work with DF moving funiture but, now with all the appointments, I'm just sitting around like a bum. lol

6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? Dunno...haven't really looked into baby stuff yet.

7. Have you bought anything for baby? With my track record, I think I'm gonna wait a little longer before I start buying things.

8. EDD? October 4th

9. Gender predictions/hopes? I don't care, as long as he or she is healthy!

10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? Miscarriage, since I've been down that road twice and C-section. Those things just hurt! lol
February 13th, 2012, 12:32 PM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
1. Your Name? Chrissy

2. Relationship Status? married

3. Other Children? 4 from my previous marriage. This is DH first biological child.

4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? We tried the dont try, dont prevent method. It took 3 months for our little surprise.

5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? I'm a stay at home momma.

6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? An Oscar the Grouch outfit. I have always called DH Oscar and I tell him to get in his can at least twice a day. It would be fitting for our baby to have an outfit in honor of his/her daddy.

7. Have you bought anything for baby? Not yet. Im waiting until 10-11 weeks before I start shopping.

8. EDD? 10-11-12

9. Gender predictions/hopes? I am hoping for a boy since we have 3 girls as it is and 1 lonely boy, but, I will be happy with a happy healthy baby.

10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? This will be my 3rd c-section. I looked on the internet about it and read enough horror stories that I have already begun to have severe nightmares from it.
February 13th, 2012, 12:35 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
1. Your Name? Melissa
2. Relationship Status? Married to my high school sweetie for over 10 years
3. Other Children? Claire, 19 months
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? Very planned. We tried for 7 cycles after my AF came back PP, knowing it probably wouldn't work. We did a frozen embryo transfer to get pregnant.
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? I work from home as an accountant/auditor.
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? Rock-n-Play sleeper
8. EDD? October 8
9. Gender predictions/hopes? A boy would be nice to carry on DH's family name, but I would love a sister for Claire.
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? miscarriage

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 13th, 2012, 12:47 PM
baybeecakes08's Avatar Super Mommy
1. Your Name? Kathy
2. Relationship Status? Married <3
3. Other Children? Gavin 3 Brooklyn 1
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? just started NTNP this month and boom pregnant still in SHOCK
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? SAHM
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? Bumbo didn't buy one for my other 2 but i really want one this time !!
7. Have you bought anything for baby? nope !!
8. EDD? October 21st !!
9. Gender predictions/hopes? my guess is boy. since we have one of each it doesn't matter to us !! won't be finding out until birth i hope i can hold out that long anyways lol
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? needing a c-section again. first was c-section and second was successful VBAC !! so hoping for a natural again !!

February 13th, 2012, 12:54 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
1. Your Name? Jenny
2. Relationship Status? Married for 3 years
3. Other Children? Nope
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? Finally succeeded on Cycle 13
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? I work in biotechnology - we make DNA. It's hard to explain...Hoping to become a SAHM.
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? Bigger vehicle!
7. Have you bought anything for baby? I got an Iowa State baby (my alma mater)baby blanket months ago because it was on sale and I couldn't resist.
8. EDD? October 16 by LMP
9. Gender predictions/hopes? When we started, I really wanted a girl, but the longer it took to get pg, the less I cared.
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? Miscarriage.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
February 13th, 2012, 01:06 PM
zubeldia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Your Name? Alex
2. Relationship Status? Married almost 10 years, together for almost 18.
3. Other Children? Rafi (2.5)
4. Was this pregnancy planned? Very planned. We got pregnant first cycle last June but had a missed miscarriage in August. Was pregnant first cycle post m/c in September but had another missed miscarriage in November. My body took a while to metabolize my super hCG numbers and then we tried in January and very luckily, and surprisingly, got pregnant again first time. I am hoping this is our rainbow baby.
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? I'm a professor/chair of department at a university
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? Can't think of anything we didn't have for DS.. we do, though, have a ton of stuff we didn't end up using at all!!
7. Have you bought anything for baby? Much too nervous to buy anything yet.
8. EDD? October 11th.
9. Gender predictions/hopes? I don't have much intuition. I would like a girl but would be super happy with another boy. But I might try for a third if we have another boy
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? Oh, another miscarriage is really frightening.

rafi and charlie by zubeldia36, on Flickr
February 13th, 2012, 01:30 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Your Name? Yetty
3. Other Children? 1 (27 month old daughter)
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? Planned and unplanned. Tried in December and decided to postpone for later in the year because we may be moving cross-continent soon and we got pregnant on the January cycle.
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? Yes, I am a researcher at a state department
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? Nothing
7. Have you bought anything for baby? No, if a girl I will need nothing.
8. EDD? Oct 5
9. Gender predictions/hopes? Hope for a healthy boy; will take a healthy girl otherwise
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? None

Sisters, friends forever
February 13th, 2012, 01:30 PM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Your Name? Caroline

2. Relationship Status? I've been with my SO for 6.5 years

3. Other Children? Julien (11 months old)

4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? We had been NTNP since October and TTC for one cycle. It had taken 20 cycles for my last pregnancy so I was surprised it happened so quickly this time.

5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? Yes, I work for a press agency

6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? A swing

8. EDD? October 17

9. Gender predictions/hopes? I'd like a girl but I'll be happy either way. I'm feeling boy though.

10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? That I won't get to the hospital in time. Last time I had my son in my arms 25 min. after I got to the hospital.

February 13th, 2012, 01:37 PM
revolutionarygirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Name: I'll post my name later in the pregnancy for privacy reasons.
2. Relationship Status?: Married
3. Other Children?: no
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC?: Planned, We'd been trying since Oct 2010.
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do?: Yes, I work in entertainment.
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear?: Other that cute outfits...? I don't really have anything yet. I'd love a really good stroller I can exercise with and a crib.
7. Have you bought anything for baby?: I have one gender neutral onesie with a fat pony on it. If it's a girl I got some really cute Disney Princess Toddler dolls that I couldn't resist.
8. EDD?: Oct 13, 2012
9. Gender predictions/hopes?: I'll be extremely happy about a healthy baby, but I'd prefer a girl since I'm super girly and want to sew her super girly outfits.
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear?: scared of miscarriage since I went through it before. I just want a healthy baby.
February 13th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Your Name? Jessica
2. Relationship Status? Married it will be 7 years on 05/05/05!
3. Other Children? nope this is my first!!!
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? YES and NO! lol we ttc for almost 3 years this time around and almost 4 years total! but I was not expecting to get pregnant because it had been so long and I was put on BCP's!!
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? nope Im a housewife!
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? um everything! lol
7. Have you bought anything for baby? well I have a boy outfit and I made a really cute girl blanket!
8. EDD? still not sure yet...
9. Gender predictions/hopes? I hope its a boy! bot wont be sad if its a girl either!
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? well Ive never done this before... so I dont know what to be worried about! Im FOR SURE worried about the PAIN of delivering!
February 13th, 2012, 01:44 PM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
1. Your Name? Elaina

2. Relationship Status? Married since Nov 2010, Together since Jan 2008.

3. Other Children? Yes, DS Adam - 3 yrs

4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? Yes! TTC since Jan 2011 with one M/C in Dec 2011.

5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? I'm a SAHM but I work part time online too.

6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? Nothing yet

7. Have you bought anything for baby? Not yet...not gonna jinx anything!

8. EDD? Oct 17, 2011. But I think it's wrong.

9. Gender predictions/hopes? I KIND of want a girl since this will be our last, but it doesn't really matter.

10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? Right now I'm scared of having another m/c.

February 13th, 2012, 01:44 PM
qberry's Avatar Quinn - Mommy to 3
1. Your Name? Quinn
2. Relationship Status? Married to the love of my life. <3
3. Other Children? Almost 6 year old Dude, 4 year old Princess, and 16 month old Tiny Princess.
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? Very! Took us 7 cycles.
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? Nurse anesthetist but sahm for my sn kiddos.
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? A nursery for this lo!
7. Have you bought anything for baby? More cloth diapers.
8. EDD? 10/1
9. Gender predictions/hopes? Think it's a girl, hope it's a girl. DH hopes for a boy.
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? None. Feeling like a pro. Only fear would be not getting my homebirth!
February 13th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Let's get to know each other a little better!

1. Your Name? Ashley

2. Relationship Status? Married to my high school sweetie for 9 years

3. Other Children? yes, my daughter Mary Beth turned 5 this past Monday

4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? Well, its a funny story. Got pregnant the night after my ob told me I might be entering premature menopause. So it was a conscious decision, but not "trying"

5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? I do, executive assistant

6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? Graco Sweetpeace Infant Soothing Swing

7. Have you bought anything for baby? No, just found out =)

8. EDD? Oct 23-25ish

9. Gender predictions/hopes? Just a healthy baby, but I'm hoping Team Blue

10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? another c-section, really wanting a vbac

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search