how'd you tell your DH?

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Braysmomma03

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2012, 12:21 PM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't told my husband yet that were expecting, because I wanted to surprise him and tie valentines day into it. I'm trying to think of some fun, cute ideas. Does anyone have any? So far the only thing I've come up with is, buying a cake from his favorite bakery and writing some sort of cute phrase on there, But not sure what to write. Over the weekend I also bought a onesie that said I love Daddy. I wish I was more creative!
February 13th, 2012, 12:44 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did not tell him in any creative way because I was shocked myself. Just woke him up from sleep and showed him the stick. I like the onesie idea though. It is nice it is so close to valentine so you can incorporate it in. Hopefully you don't have any symptom that gives it away before tomorrow

Sisters, friends forever
February 13th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I had planned to tell dh on valentine's day but I knew I couldn't keep it from him for a week and a half so I laid a rice box face up and cut the top off so that I could lay the digi in face up and when he opened it he'd be look right at the words "pregnant". A small rice box held the digi in good. Then I wrapped the box and made sure to keep it face up so the digi wouldn't come loose or something. After we ate supper I told him I had a early Valentine's day present and that the store had it on sell lol so he wouldn't catch on, then he opened it and seen the whole pee stick when he tore the paper you could write on the cake "Shhh...there's a secret in my tummy" or something. Jus an idea
February 13th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by yashobo View Post
I did not tell him in any creative way because I was shocked myself. Just woke him up from sleep and showed him the stick. I like the onesie idea though. It is nice it is so close to valentine so you can incorporate it in. Hopefully you don't have any symptom that gives it away before tomorrow
February 13th, 2012, 01:02 PM
praying for our rainbow
Lol, I took the test the line showed right away, he was sitting in the bed and i handed it to him, then walked off shaking and in tears lol
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

February 13th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH knew my period was coming, so he asked if I'd gotten it yet and when I said no, he pretty much figured it out. With DS I got my BFP the day before Easter so I bought an Easter basket and filled it with baby stuff and then gave it to DH. He was very surprised!
February 13th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really WANTED to tell him in a cute way! I even had this cute little frog beanie and I was going to stick the pee stick in and give it to him... but we were not expecting me to be pregnant AT ALL!!! and so I took a test just to make sure I wasnt and jumped in the shower and then we got out and I looked at the test and was shocked so he was there and saw it!

oh and I was thinking maybe you could say something like we became a family of 3 and now we are expecting 4! or something along those lines! lol
February 13th, 2012, 02:26 PM
baybeecakes08's Avatar Super Mommy
my husband was at work when i tested and i just put the test on the counter and waited for him to notice... when he finally he seen it he looked at me and said "is that positive" i said yup... he got a HUGE smile and gave me a huge hug !!

nothing to creative but better then with our second.. i texted him while he was at work haha

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search