Ugh..more stress for Monday (betas are back!)

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2012, 02:23 PM
October 2012 DDC co-host
So I was hoping I could breath a sigh of relief after today's betas came back, particularly since the bleeding seems to have ceased (just some brown blood now...no more pink or red). On Monday (20 DPO-- or 4 weeks and 6 days) my hcg was 7355; progesterone at 17.5. I was a little nervous about the progesterone, but the ob said no worries, I was fine. Then as you guys know I started having the bleeding episodes. We went in for an ultrasound (they did abdominal) and saw a sac with nothing in it. They drew betas again and so on Friday (24 dpo or 5 weeks 3 days) my levels were at 15886. So they just doubled in FOUR days instead of two?? I know the betas seem high, but mine always are for some reason. I'm more worried about the doubling rate I guess. I read somewhere that as the numbers get higher, that they double less frequently, but that's really in relation to how far along you are rather than how high the numbers are right??? It looks like it took mine 86 hours to double. Geez. What a week! I go back in tomorrow for another ultrasound to see if we can see anything.

February 13th, 2012, 02:38 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I heart that it can take up to 96 hours for them to double and it still be fine!! I wouldn't worry too much just yet; I know that's hard... Hopefully your next u/s will show more and yeah, your betas are super high!!! lol. So that's normal for you? At 21dpo (today) my betas were 1695 and that's above average already. You are in the twin-category with your numbers!!

February 13th, 2012, 02:42 PM
praying for our rainbow
I know after a certain point they take longer to double...HCG Level

Doubling Time
< 1200

48 - 72 hours

1200 to 6000

72 - 96 hours

> 6000

> 96 hours

February 13th, 2012, 03:00 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Agree with the others, I think that doubling time is fine once the numbers get that high.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
February 13th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everyone else hit the nail on the head. Your numbers are just fine mine were a little over 15,000 last Monday. I wouldn't worry about it honestly they are nice and high in relation to how far along you are.

Matter of fact I was measuring at 5 weeks 6 days!

February 13th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
You should be fine--in fact, with your numbers that high, they should be able to see something on u/s--if they do a transvaginal. Good luck!

February 13th, 2012, 04:04 PM
October 2012 DDC co-host
Thanks guys...you always know just how to make me feel so much better

LOL Nina, no twins! Just one sac (with nothing in it I might add....lol). For some crazy reason, my hcg numbers are ALWAYS high. It always baffles the doctors too....I'm not sure. They always say I must be off on my dates, but I never am! This time, I felt like I could probably be off by as much as 3-4 days, BUT the ultrasound matched up with my "o" date guesstimate perfectly, so I feel pretty sure I was right on with the date of conception. With one of my sons, my levels were so high that the doctor swore it MUST be a molar pregnancy.

February 13th, 2012, 06:11 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
That is a perfectly normal doubling rate for how high your HCG is...I hope everything is perfectly wonderful in there...I'm praying hard for your bean!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 13th, 2012, 06:57 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think your numbers are fine.best of luck tomorrow; maybe you'll come back with one more sack and both with babies in them

Sisters, friends forever
February 13th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Stilettos-N-Sippys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Been thinking about you these last few days. Praying you get great news tomorrow

February 14th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They should be able to see a fetal pole and possibly heart beat with your numbers! Transvaginal of course

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search