switching drs

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yashobo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Peytonsmomma
so even tho i work at a ob clinic, last time with my daughter i delivered with a midwife at the hospital, this time ive gone to two apts, and today i still left asking my so am i pregnant? everything was sooooo rushed, i feel like your ob or whoever delivers your baby should have a relationship with you not just a 5 min apt to get you out of there, we are switching to a midwife, so this time no hospital that part im scared for, my so's daughter was delivered thru her 11 years ago! that part i think is pretty cool. today i read my ultrasound at work and freaked myself out by some of the stuff that was said in there, and of course i wasnt reassured we left and made the decision we wouldnt be delivering thru them...unfortunately we are the only obgyn clinic within a hour driving distance from my house
February 13th, 2012, 03:08 PM
mommacache's Avatar Super Mommy
This was kind of confusing to read, but I think I got it.
Nothing wrong with switching-I encourage it. Having the right practitioner can make your experience so much better. I love my midwife and nothing ever feels hurried. So, will you be at a birth center, or at home?

February 13th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Peytonsmomma
thanks for understanding we talked about it some more and are still going with a midwife, but will be with the same one i delivered my daughter with, i will take the hour drive if it means im with someone who im comfortable with, and i will be delivering at a hospital! yay!
February 13th, 2012, 06:32 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Better to have someone who makes the whole experience enjoyable. 9 months is a longtime to have to deal with doctors who can't prioritize you for couple of minutes. It will all work out.
Peytonsmomma likes this.

Sisters, friends forever

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search