Frustrated; can't get beta draws done

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By doremi
  • 1 Post By Ember Rose

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I've gotten one faint test at home. Went to the ER and they refused to do a blood draw because I didn't get a positive on their pee test. Doc came in and was actually an *** about it. Their tests are better than any rinky dinky test you get from Walgreens dontcha know? I really just want to know if my numbers are progressing and I feel like no one is listening to me. I feel like no one cares.

Help?
February 13th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Can you get an appointment with your OB?
February 13th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't see an OB I'm seen at a Family Practice clinic.
February 13th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Stilettos-N-Sippys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my local hospitals they do blood tests without any kind of orders and it's like $30. You just go to the desk and tell them you want to have a pregnancy blood test. Maybe you could check that out.

February 14th, 2012, 12:51 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Won't your family medicine clinic run the betas for you? Mine did when I was pregnant. They ran the first two betas before I got in to see my OB.
mandattu_02 likes this.

February 15th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope. I've gotten two faint positives in the am but I can't seem to get a positive in the afternoon. They won't do blood tests because they say if I'm too early to show on a urine test midday nothing will come up on a blood test.

I feel like I'm losing my baby and no one cares.

Last edited by Ember Rose; February 15th, 2012 at 09:49 PM.
February 15th, 2012, 11:59 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember Rose View Post
Nope. I've gotten two faint positives in the am but I can't seem to get a positive in the afternoon. They won't do blood tests because they say if I'm too early to show on a urine test midday nothing will come up on a blood test.

I feel like I'm losing my baby and no one cares.
Sorry, but that is BS on their part. Beta's are used after m/c to monitor a woman's HCG all the way down to ZERO!! My first beta with my second pregnancy (one of my losses) came back at 20... some pregnancy tests wouldn't even be sensitive enough to pick up a pregnancy until 25. I would raise holy heck to get the labwork done. I don't see why they would be adamant in refusing you, even if they didn't think it was necessary if you are willing to pay for it to be done!! Crazy. Good luck hon, and I hope your lines start getting darker.

February 16th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We're Tricare Prime AND I'm seen at a military treatment facility. Everything should be covered. Planned Parenthood around here does blood tests and I might just drive out there and pay to get it done. I'm just really bummed out at this point.
doremi likes this.
February 16th, 2012, 06:17 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
That is total crap. I have had betas come back at 11 and 12, so they can definitely do a test and it will "show up."

I would do whatever you have to do to get the blood tests done somewhere and then file a complaint with a Tricare patient advocate. I know that doesn't do anything for you right this minute, but unless we complain, they won't realize how terrible Tricare treats people.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search