smoking ?

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes
  • 2 Post By brittanylee12
  • 3 Post By brittanylee12
  • 2 Post By yashobo
  • 1 Post By brittanylee12
  • 1 Post By SLP83
  • 1 Post By ashley5
  • 2 Post By brittanylee12
  • 2 Post By Mrs.Paradise
  • 3 Post By lovely.carlie
  • 1 Post By wickerhart
  • 1 Post By bryan and nina

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2012, 06:01 AM
brittanylee12's Avatar Veteran
ok so please no judgement but with this pregnancy i was smoking before i found out .. like up to a pack a day and ill have you all i know Ive successfully quit since i seen those 2 little lines on that test, since we were in the process of trying to quit and get healthy before i got preggo however baby decided it wanted to come sooner witch is amazing news i have been using the patch witch the doctor said there where no studies on it not being healthy for pregnant women but he would say its no unhealthier then smoking a cigarette, so im using the patches for one week, i have 4 left and then ill be using nothing , just wondering if anyone else has had to stop bad habits and how its going for them ?
~Caroline~ and Mrs.Paradise like this.

February 15th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used nicorette, the patch burns my skin horribly, I always am left with a patch of red inflamed skin. Congrats on your success. Smoking is the nastiest habit ever at least we don't smell like an ash tray anymore.

February 15th, 2012, 06:06 AM
i agree! hubby still smokes but he isnt allowed in the house witch before we used to go in the basement because we have another little one at home but now he has to go outside and he isnt alowed in my car either! he thinks im an anti-smoking natzie right now i just wish he would understand what im going through with hormones and quitting, im so proud of myslef and ONCE i wanted a smoke and my 2 year old told me he was proud of me and was happy i could play with him more, so i didnt even touch it, im glad someones proud of me lol

February 15th, 2012, 06:07 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not a smoker so can't really offer any advice. However, no judgement here; Kudos to you for trying. Hope you get the strength needed to pull it off. My dad stopped cold turkey at age 70 and somehow stayed off until he died.

Sisters, friends forever
February 15th, 2012, 06:08 AM
wow! awsome of your dad! it is hard and i dont think i could of done it without the patches or some sort of meds, tough guy
yashobo likes this.

February 15th, 2012, 06:10 AM
SLP83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never smoked so I don't have any advice, I just wanted to say congrats on being able to quit and I hope it just gets easier as time goes on!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.
February 15th, 2012, 06:12 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Way to go on trying to quite! not that i've ever been a smoker, but from what my friends have said, it's very very hard to quite. I had a co-worker that didn't even want to quite and smoked all through out her pregnancy, and was a week late, and the poor baby was only 5lbs:[

For me I'm a sugar addict, and i'm trying to cut back a lot. I dont want to gain a lot of weight this pregnancy like I did last time, so I'm fighting my will power.
Mrs.Paradise likes this.
February 15th, 2012, 06:14 AM
thank you all for your kind words and support! it hasn't been easy but a lot easier then i thought it would be, i quit with my 1st pregnancy and he was 10 lbs and my second i didn't quit and he was stillborn at 22 weeks he had a lot of developmental issues with his organs, so im REALLY animate about quitting i refuse to do anything to jeopardize this little bean.
Mrs.Paradise and ashley5 like this.

February 15th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good job on quiting! I know how hard that most be!! The only thing I'm trying to stop doing is eating any salt that isn't naturally in stuff. I had high blood pressure and don't want to get it. It's been really hard tho to eat just fresh fruits and veggies and meat with out any type of seasoning or anything. I hhaen't been doing so well and promised myself I'd start up today since the outcome of eating salt is 100% worse than not eating it!!

February 15th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
GOOD FOR YOU!!! Im sorry that your hubby doesnt get it! but Im proud of you! Ive never smoked either so I dont get it either... but I just wanted to tell you and keep it up!

Im with Ashley! I LOVE ME SOME SUGAR!!! lol but since I found out Im pregnant I havent had any candy or ice cream or cake! Ive been a good girl! I just eat fruit instead!
yashobo and ashley5 like this.
February 15th, 2012, 07:44 AM
lovely.carlie's Avatar MaKinslie's Mommy
I quit cold turkey when I saw my positive test. It was in no way easy, there was a lot of crying and extra powered mood swings. I lost my angel baby at 10 weeks and I was still smoking. I am doing everything in my power to nurture my little bean. Congrats on quitting, it is no easy task.

February 15th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Beth04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any bad habits to stop this pregnancy, but last pregnancy I quit cold turkey about a week after I found out. When I found out, I was smoking a couple cigs a day at work because I wasn't ready for people to know yet that I was quitting smoking and why. But after a couple days of that, it started making me sooo sick that it was a lot easier to quit! You can do it!

thank you gypsystar for my wonderful siggy!
February 15th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Super Mommy
**lurking**

I also smoked up until I got a BFP. I have not smoked since. I have had cravings for sure but am so glad I quit. The part I miss is I would always sit outside with my neighbor (my smoke buddy) we called them our brakes because I didn't smoke in front of my kids. I have not sat outside with her really since because I have been so sick and I also am trying to stay away from temptation. I miss my brakes. I am very proud of all of you mommas for quitting and doing what is best for your baby no
matter how hard it is.
February 15th, 2012, 08:33 AM
wickerhart's Avatar Veteran
I was smoking a pack a day. When I got my first + I didn't quit because I wasmt absolutely sure bc the line was extremely hard to see. That night I smoked one with my husband and said "ya know this will probably be my last one because tomorrows test will be positive"..... and it was. I haven't smoked since. This time though is a lot easier to quit because I just have to think about my baby and the fact that she/he has no choice with it. It hasn't been a walk in the park though. I still crave them. Just find a motivation and that makes it easier when you really start to want one.
yashobo likes this.

2/18/12 (7weeks)

February 15th, 2012, 09:41 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I've never smoked, but I have a HUGE respect for those struggling to quit. It is a nasty habit, and I'm so proud of you for working so hard to provide a healthy environment for your baby to grow!

February 15th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not a smoker but I just wanted to say that I think it's awesome you guys are trying to quit! Both for the baby and for yourselves!

February 15th, 2012, 12:05 PM
dawnmarie05860's Avatar Veteran
Yay! I'm glad your trying to quit. I quit smoking 10 years ago cold turkey...ish. I had my slip ups but I finally managed to stop. My biggest thing was caffine...I was drinking anywhere from 10 to 12 cups a day. After I got the positive test, I quit cold turkey. The first two weeks I wanted to curl up in a fetal position and cry but I told myself that if I could just hold out, tomorrow will be better. So far it's worked...so far....
February 15th, 2012, 12:47 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Also just wanted to tell all of you quitting, way to go!!!! Thank you for doing the right thing by your little one and for yourself!!
KMH likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search