btdt moms ...what to tell first time moms

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't get the wrong idea. Breastfeeding isn't always hard. It was easy for me. Don't be scared!

February 18th, 2012, 09:00 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're right, its not always hard. But for a lot of women and babies there is a bit of a learning curve, even if its only the first few times. All my kids have latched like champs from the first time at the breast but not everyone is as lucky, sometimes it takes a few tries to get the hang of it. And its not exactly one of those things you can practice before the baby gets here--wouldn't that be nice if you could? My suggestion is to be as informed as you can be. Watch youtube videos of latches and holds and nursing. That has really helped a lot of women I know be better prepared before their baby comes.

Its not scary though. Breastfeeding has honestly been one of my most favorite things about being a Mom. I love it!
Peytonsmomma likes this.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

February 18th, 2012, 09:01 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try and form some sort of routine even if it changes every two months. When you have a routine it makes you feel a bit in control and makes you less overwhelmed. That said, it may take you two or three weeks after birth to form one.

Also, if you have c/s use your pain drugs when you need them, don't try and brave the pain.

Be understanding and forgiving of your dh because he will annoy you bcos of his cluelessness so many times after birth. They do eventually get most of it.

Do whatever feels good to you for birth and afterwards. Don't feel compelled to bring out your baby everytimeto entertain visitors. I decided not to have guest at the hospital just my aunt and dh,it made it such a peaceful time for me. When people called I told them we'll let them know when we are ready for guests or that they can come anytime next week. By which time I didn't feel too overwhelmed and was able to enjoy the visits.

Sisters, friends forever
February 18th, 2012, 09:05 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
That's a good idea!
I know that is one thing that has crossed my mind a few times; once you bring the baby home there is going to be a constant stream of people wanting to come visit. And with the whole trying to get on a schedule with baby, I bet that can get overwhelming really fast. I guess it's ok to say "no" when you need a break...

February 18th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Peytonsmomma
im all for breastfeeding, and i seriously felt like it was awkward breastfeeding, i used to have people look at me weird when i said to me it didnt feel natural, to me i didnt feel a bond with her, when i was weaning her into a bottle i felt more of a bond with the bottle when she looked at my eyes ( with breast milk in it) than her on my nipple, i think with this baby im going to breastfeed until my milk has fully came in and then pump

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search