Very bad Naseua (sp)

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else getting it lately? Mine happens right around my lunch time at work (between 2-330p MST). Right now, it's 10:12p MST and I'm feeling so sick. I've already tried to puke once and it won't come out. I'm finally getting the nerve to make dinner (hamburgers) but while it's cooking I feel so sick.

I fed my cats a few ago as well (wet food), and I got so sick from the smell.

Is puking okay? I just didn't think it was going to be this bad

February 16th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Stilettos-N-Sippys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh it's very normal.... so is puking. I'm so nauseous I can hardly function and it's ALL DAY LONG. So miserable.

Sometimes you feel better if you throw up... sometimes nothing works.

I drink ginger ale... it helps a little and (this may be gross) it's like the easiest and least nasty thing to throw up. Try to eat some crackers to help soothe your tummy. Smells are usually what trigger it for me. Earlier I hugged my dh and smelled his deodorant and nearly puked all over him.

If you're like most of us who get "morning" sickness you can prepare yourself for the long haul... It usually ends around the beginning of the 2nd trimester. That doesn't seem like long until I think of it like having the stomach flu every day for 2 months...

BUUUUUUT It's so worth it

February 17th, 2012, 03:45 AM
alley's Avatar Veteran
My last pregnancy I tried preggie pops and they helped me out. They are suckers and anytime I felt like I was gonna get nauseated I would suck on one. I think you can get them at motherhood.
February 17th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my SIL says that the BIG lemon heads help!!! and unisom! so sorry sweetie!! that just sounds AWFUL!!!
February 17th, 2012, 08:27 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Going through serious nausea for the past week (though not a tenth as bad as my last pregnancy). Only time helps. For some people puking help. For me, it brings up acid in my tummy and makes my mouth taste yucky. So, so far, I have held off puking. The good thing is mine is only earlier in the day. On most days, I am fine by lunch or shortly after. Just watch for the triggers and avoid the ones you can avoid. Mine disappears after the first trimester so its a waiting game. Also, I find out that if I don't get moving too early in the morning I am better. So, I have told my boss I may be using a lot of 2-hour sick leaves in the morning. I try to eat something before I start moving around so usually have crackers and some fruit on my bedside at night for the next morning. Just experiment and find out what works for you. This too shall pass and it will be so worth it.

Sisters, friends forever
February 17th, 2012, 08:41 AM
delaney24's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes, mine hits around 9 or 10am and lasts until mid-afternoon it seems. Just walking makes me queasy, and I can't bear to eat much at all. Every time I think I can stomach something, I'm wrong & can't keep it down. So I completely sympathize with everyone experiencing the same or worse.

Yesterday I had DH buy ginger ale, ginger snaps, 100% fruit ice pops and saltines. The saltines & ice pops were okay so my diet consists of that right now. I'm mostly concerned about not getting enough/a variety of nutrients, but morning sickness is so common & 'normal' that I'm sure everything will be fine.

Hope everyone feels better soon.
February 18th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Crackers and gingerale just do not hack it for me. I am now on Zofran 4mg disolvable tabs. Works very well and has been my savior! Also watch out when changing cat litter it can be very dangerous to the fetus!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search