Random

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kansascity kitty

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2012, 01:17 PM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
I just want to say that I am so happy my sister is not pregnant right now. My first preg. was a m/c. Then my sister had a m/c. Then she got pregnant and I got pregnant a few months after her, but felt like the attention was all on her. It took us 3 years to conceive and she had just started TTC. DH and I decided we would try for #2 when DS1 was 6 months old because we were worried it would take years again. In the mean time my sister got pregnant on accident with her second just when her first was a few months old. We got pregnant when our oldest was 9 months old. So I felt like my sister got all the attention again, and it was an accident the second time for her and it was so easy for her to conceive the first time around. Plus her first baby was needy and then both kids begged for attention and are naughty. Our kids are pretty well behaved. Not saying they're better than her kids or that I don't love them. Because I do love them. But anyways...DH and I agreed we wanted another, so it took us 3 cycles to conceive this time. And I am so glad my sister isn't pregnant so I can have all the attention to myself. I just wanted to share that.
February 18th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well hopefully you'll be able to stay in the spot light. Have you told her yet? If not I would keep it quiet for a few months.
**Jenn** likes this.

February 18th, 2012, 01:29 PM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
I already told her. We tell each other all about our pregnancies even though it bothered me. I'd still want to know if she was pregnant.
February 18th, 2012, 02:36 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I hear ya! My sister had one baby while DH and I were trying for our first. Then, when I was waiting to see if out first IVF cycle worked, she called to tell me she was pregnant. We were due 6 weeks apart, so like you I felt like all the attention was on her and not me. She got to have the first grandchild, and the first of each sex. It was hard.

This time, I'm the only pregnant one, and I'm SO excited about it. I love my sister, but I'm ready for my own moment. I'm glad that you are getting yours, too, Katie

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search