So anyone want to confess???

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree31Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2012, 08:21 AM
Super Mommy
Apparently someone on here works with my MIL and has been asking around if I am the same person and if we are expecting. Here's the problem we aren't telling people yet. Its so early and you all know why and how that goes. Why would someone do that? Why wouldn't someone just private message me and ask if I am that person's DIL? I don't appreciate someone telling my business especially to family members. I never had this problem in my old due date club and I didn't expect that to be a problem here either. I hope whoever it is just comes forward and explains their side of this story but as of now I am considering leaving the group. I just want to be honest about why and let you all know that this happened.

February 22nd, 2012, 08:24 AM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow.. I am so sorry your news has been shared. It was yours to tell.

My Blog
February 22nd, 2012, 08:28 AM
October 2012 DDC co-host
awwww, that totally stinks Don't leave though!

February 22nd, 2012, 08:30 AM
kaylarayne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no that is terrible! Maybe they meant no harm in it? That really does suck though. very touchy subject and they should have kept it quiet. It isn't their place to nose around Don't leave us!

February 22nd, 2012, 08:43 AM
kathleenbean108's Avatar Pregnant with baby #3
Don't leave Its pretty crummy that someone would do that, but think of the huge support network you would be leaving, with the exception to that one snitch. I hope all goes well with you.

Robert Thomas

Rachel Marie

Drayana Abigail

Gabriel Andrew
February 22nd, 2012, 08:49 AM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
I am sorry someone shared your news. That was your news to share when you wanted to. But maybe that person didn't mean to hurt you. Maybe they were just excited to have someone live so close to them and be pregnant and was hoping to be good friends and have their kids grow up together. I hope they come forward and send you a private message.
February 22nd, 2012, 08:54 AM
~*Kel*~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Kel*~
I am very sorry that your secret was blown, that really sucks. I really hope that whomever did comes forward and you can work it out. I highly encourage that it be done via pm though. Jmho, but this a personal issue and needs to fixed privately and not out in the open.

February 22nd, 2012, 08:55 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I loved my January DDC and I now love my playroom and I thought that this would be the same to have our kids grow together so I don't want to leave but I feel so... I don't know the word. I am just angry but I want to give the person a chance to come forward and explain/apologize. Surely they didn't mean to do it but they should have given it some thought before they did it. Thanks for the support ladies, its nice to know that you all understand why I'm upset.
February 22nd, 2012, 08:59 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand and would want to leave if I was in your shoes, because I wouldn't want my MIL knowing my business. That being said I hope you guys can work it out and I'm sure they probably didn't mean it in a wrong way and hopefully you'll stay

February 22nd, 2012, 09:00 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry that someone shared your news without your permission. However, for all you know, the person may not even be in this DDC. People lurk on other boards and there is a chance they may just be a lurker. Regardless that was wrong and I am sorry you are going through this. If the person does not step forward, you can always ask your MIL about who it is after you decided to let her know.

Sisters, friends forever
February 22nd, 2012, 09:04 AM
Super Mommy
I think I am just going to leave the board for the day and check back later.. hopefully all this gets worked out...

Last edited by BentleysMomma; February 22nd, 2012 at 09:07 AM. Reason: I need a better filter on my mouth
February 22nd, 2012, 09:09 AM
alley's Avatar Veteran
That is frustrating! I just told my family last night. That is for you to tell.
February 22nd, 2012, 09:11 AM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOw thats all I have to say. You shouldn't leave though. I would be irate if it happened to me. Well it wasn't me I live to far .

February 22nd, 2012, 09:12 AM
wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am very sorry that happened to you. It wasn't me! I don't tell people I talk to strangers online about private things. They think you're nuts. ha ha.

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

February 22nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow crazy! Hope it wasn't intentionally trying to hurt you

February 22nd, 2012, 09:26 AM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that's not a very nice thing to do. Hopefully the person didn't mean any harm. I'm sorry you want to leave, but I have to admit I'd probably do the same if I was in your shoes. Still, I hope you figure out who it is and decide to come back.
**Jenn** and Mrs.Paradise like this.

February 22nd, 2012, 10:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
Quote:
Originally Posted by yashobo View Post
So sorry that someone shared your news without your permission. However, for all you know, the person may not even be in this DDC. People lurk on other boards and there is a chance they may just be a lurker. Regardless that was wrong and I am sorry you are going through this. If the person does not step forward, you can always ask your MIL about who it is after you decided to let her know.
This. There are thousands of members of this message board, so you can't be certain it's anyone in this particular DDC. Considering it's a public forum, it happens. Sorry it happened to you--that stinks!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

February 22nd, 2012, 10:21 AM
Peytonsmomma
well it wasnt me, i think ive put my name on here once lol, i cant even remember if ive put a pic up of me on my old ddc, with that being said im so sorry this happened to you and i doubt whoever did it will actually confess
February 22nd, 2012, 10:48 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry this happened to you. This has always been my biggest fear joining these things so early.

Please don't leave. I would be ticked, but I would hate to miss out on all of the support that these forums lend. And that is not fair to you to miss.

Alright lurker - whoever you are - YOU SUCK!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

February 22nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
delaney24's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingqueen26 View Post
It wasn't me! I don't tell people I talk to strangers online about private things. They think you're nuts. ha ha.
Haha...Ditto!

I'm sorry your privacy was not respected, and hope that after things settle down you'll decide to stick around. It wouldn't seem fair for you to miss out on the support of a whole DDC due to issues with one person, but I can understand the sentiment.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search