baby story

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By stargatemommy
  • 1 Post By Kivett12
  • 1 Post By Tiffany8620

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2012, 10:27 AM
Peytonsmomma
ive watched alot of episodes of a baby story and today was the first ive seen when a baby is born that they do a certain prayer, it was really cool and it got me thinking do any of you do certain traditions when a baby is born, wait to cut the cord, certain prayer, etc...?

i just pray before i go into the hospital that everything turns out great.

*** this is in by no means to start a fight, or judgement***
February 22nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any traditions. I honestly HATE baby shows on TV. They paint a completely unrealistic picture of childbirth, and more than half of the women end up with c-sections!
**Jenn** likes this.

February 22nd, 2012, 11:38 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
With DS we were the only ones in the room except the nurses and Dr. and then we spent the first 45min or so just us and I plan on doing that again so I guess you could consider that a tradition? Also since this is our 2nd, after our few min of *alone* time with the baby I want DS to come in, and all 4 of us spend some alone time together before anyone comes in. DH's parents waited at the hospital the whole time and came in when we were ready and then kept rooting my parents out from seeing him and stayed from 10am til 10pm at the hospital then showed up by 12 the next day and stayed til 9pm again!!!. We didn't have any alone time and quite time other than that first 45min. I WON'T be allowing that this time!!!
February 23rd, 2012, 08:31 AM
Kivett12's Avatar Veteran
We don't have a tradition as this is just our 2nd. Our 1st ended up in a C-section, so we got a lot of alone time in the recovery room with our DS before being taken back to the room. In the place that I gave birth they have what is called Serenity Time, and it lasts for an hour. During this time they do not allow visitors or phone calls to the room, unless specified, so it is really nice to have that break from friends and family. My DH is not what you would call a social butterfly, so when we had our 1st I thought he was going to go balistic with all the people stopping by so the serenity time for him was very relaxing.
Peytonsmomma likes this.
February 23rd, 2012, 09:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Riley was born at 12:29 AM, so we didn't have any visitors until the next afternoon. It was only me and DH for the delivery. Both our families are the type that are respectful of a new family's need for private time, so I don't expect we'll have any problems.
Peytonsmomma likes this.
February 23rd, 2012, 11:25 AM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No tradition, but love that our birthing center is very calm and the staff is wonderful it's a 30 bed unit, they don't whisk your child off everything is done in your birthing suit baby never leaves you side unless ill! I just pray through labor and thank when all is done.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search