anyone with pets who might be sensing??

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2012, 05:04 PM
LWiegel's Avatar Lauren *Expecting #1!*
Ok so I know this is random but I feel like my dog can sense I am pregnant!! Have yall heard of this? She was gone the week we found out and ever since then she has been laying on me and close to my belly like this...

mandattu_02 and MoonAngel702 like this.

Lauren's Pregnancy Journal.
February 25th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Veteran
My dog does the same thing! She started doing that right before I found out that I was pregnant. She also started sniffing my stomach and has become soo clingy!
LWiegel likes this.

February 25th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Yes!! And she was always such a daddy's girl. DH is so upset about it lol!!! Not really but its our little joke.

February 25th, 2012, 05:53 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My cat lays right across my belly ... And she doesn't want to move!

February 26th, 2012, 03:36 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Aww how cute!! She's a springer, right? My dog is always clingy to me so it's hard to tell if he is more so now. But I have noticed that he is sniffing my breath a lot more. lol. I let him give me kisses and he intently sniffs my breath many times.

February 26th, 2012, 04:26 AM
Hahaha that's soooo cute! Yes she's a springer. Love her. It's funny to me how moat of the time, not all the time but most how female dogs gravitate a little more to male owners and male dogs to females. I told DH children are kind of like that too and we better have all boys..or a girl that extra loves her momma. Lol. What kind of dog do you have? The face kind of looks like a boxer to me. Either way precious!!
bryan and nina likes this.

February 26th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2MacNFinn
Nope but I swear my son knows haha he's been rubbing my belly before I even knew.
LWiegel and Sawyers_Mommy like this.

February 26th, 2012, 06:17 AM
SabrinaH's Avatar Pregnant with #1!
Yep! I swear our cat fat Karl knows whats going on because he no longer hides under the bed so much anymore. Now he needs to be on my belly as much as he can. Our dog, Luna, just started sleeping back to back with me at night which I read is because she is trying to protect me.
LWiegel likes this.

February 26th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
How cute! Our dog doesn't do that but we keep him outside. My sisters dog has done that thought both times shes been pregnant.
February 26th, 2012, 06:46 AM
rstarkey's Avatar Veteran
One of my Newfs has been trying to get in the bed with me. She's insane..LOL And the nastiest cat we own has suddenly become my best friend. He used to try to claw me everytime I walked past..now he sleeps above my head..strange!

February 26th, 2012, 06:48 AM
This is so neat!! I'm glad other people have this too! Aren't pets aka our other children the sweetest

February 26th, 2012, 07:21 AM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was going to start a post like this too. It is so strange. My mastiff has decided he needs to sleep with me and every time I move, he snuggles closer. He is usually a bit clingy, but he is 10x more clingy now and follows me around the house like a shadow. DH gets home from a trip today.. and is going to have to try and reclaim his spot in the bed. My Jack Russel is oblivious.. but she is 14 and half deaf and senile.
LWiegel likes this.

My Blog
February 26th, 2012, 08:07 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so cute!!!!!! Our Boston is always on our lap, but I have a spaniel/boarder collie mix who comes over for a little love every day, but mostly does her own thing, and she has def been more clingy these days, she hasn't been resting on my tummy, although I would love it =)

lauren, my spaniel/collie mix has the same cute face and ears as your baby
LWiegel likes this.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
February 26th, 2012, 08:31 AM
I think it's because dogs can hear and smell so well... For one, our hormones and chemicals are all over the place and I am sure our smell has changes. That probably makes them a little nervous. And maybe they can even hear the tiny heartbeat already? That would be awesome, wouldn't it?

Lauren, Donner is a mix; we have no idea of what. He was found at about 6 weeks old by a friend of mine who couldn't keep him. We decided to take him in and it was the best thing we ever did! I love that dog!! Here is a pic of him as a puppy, the day we got him. At the time we were thinking boxer or dane mix but now I am thinking more english pointer because of all his spots? But who knows really.

And then at a few months old he went through this awkward stage where his ears, literally for weeks, stayed like this, straight up!

Ok, sorry to hijack .

February 26th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Awwww sweet angel!!! No worries I could talk about dogs and animals all day long! I even have voices for my dogs (I promise I'm not weird haha) my old roommates before I git married to and i swear we talked in their voices more than ours lol!!

February 26th, 2012, 10:09 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Awwwwwwww! That is SO sweet! Your dog is so cute! My dogs do seem extra lovey lately! My female dog LOVES to cuddle up with me at night. and she seems to want to put her head right on my belly. It's the cutest thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan and nina View Post

and then at a few months old he went through this awkward stage where his ears, literally for weeks, stayed like this, straight up! :d

ok, sorry to hijack .
omg!!!! So freakin cute!!!
February 26th, 2012, 10:53 AM
alley's Avatar Veteran
So glad you posted this! DH and I were talking about this last night. My lab jumped up on the bed, laid right next to me and put his head on my belly, which rarely happens! I asked DH if he thought he could sense I was pregnant and he said yes.
LWiegel likes this.
February 26th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My cats were being very protective of me (both male and female) when we found out we were pregnant two weeks ago; they still are. It's kinda cute at times haha.

February 26th, 2012, 12:56 PM
kathleenbean108's Avatar Pregnant with baby #3
My cats did that with my other 2 pregnancies, this time they continue to use my stomach as a spring board, which is starting to hurt lol

Robert Thomas

Rachel Marie

Drayana Abigail

Gabriel Andrew
February 26th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Thank you girls. Lauren, oh my gosh-- DH actually uses voices for Donner too. And they change depending on if Donner is being clumsy or what. Too funny!
Kathleen, don't let them step on the baby!! lol. Silly cats. Tell them to go back to being protective of you!!
LWiegel likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search