Breast vs Formula

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2012, 06:48 PM
kathleenbean108's Avatar Pregnant with baby #3
I dont mean to be a boob nazi, but I thought this was interesting. Both my kiddos were boob babies and I am hoping this one will be too.

Robert Thomas

Rachel Marie

Drayana Abigail

Gabriel Andrew
February 26th, 2012, 07:46 PM
SuperMom
Im hoping to breastfeed this baby. I tried with DD but didn't get past 2 months. It was hard when I went back to work because there is no where to pump.

February 26th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Tennyson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie1227 View Post
Im hoping to breastfeed this baby. I tried with DD but didn't get past 2 months. It was hard when I went back to work because there is no where to pump.
I feel ya Bonnie- I too had no where nice to pump- frequently found myself dragging a chair into the bathroom, pumping and eating lunch (can't take too much time away) at once. I like to think of it as building immunity!

Haha. I made it 5 months. Hoping for more this tine, but will use formula if needed!
February 26th, 2012, 08:11 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I've been breastfeeding straight for over 4 years and going. Wouldn't have it any other way!
February 26th, 2012, 08:22 PM
This is my first pregnancy and I'm going to give it my all and try to breat feed..
February 26th, 2012, 08:24 PM
1InSummerland's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan to BF for as long as possible. I'm hoping it won't be too hard since I probably won't be working (other than drill weekends and occasional misc. stuff).

Thank you, Bokkechick, for my beautiful siggy.
Group Leader for Face2 Face Fort Lee and Richmond Area.
Check out my blog! :-) and my blog for Jude.

February 27th, 2012, 04:22 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I'd love to BF as well!! I know sometimes things happen and you just can't but I am going to try my best.
Mrs.Paradise and LWiegel like this.

February 27th, 2012, 05:08 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Also hoping to bfed this baby like i did my last one. Although it was difficult at times, I loved the bonding experience:]
February 27th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2MacNFinn
i'll supplement breastfeed but I simply don't make enough to sustain my children. It sucks but I do my best.

February 27th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This time I will be formula feeding. I just had breast surgery in October and I am in so much pain now with the pregnancy plus nerve regeneration plus twins it would be way to much. SO I am getting use to the idea now which breaks my heart. ALL of my kids have been BF.
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

February 27th, 2012, 06:27 AM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
I pumped with both boys and quit when they were like 4 months old, but there was enough milk in the freezer to get them through 6 months old. I want to do it longer with this baby.
February 27th, 2012, 07:24 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Claire was BF, and I'm hoping to be able to do the same for these babies. I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself, though. Claire didn't have a drop of ANYTHING besides breastmilk until she was 6 months and I was really uptight about it. I think with twins I'm going to have to keep an open mind and not be too hard on myself if I need to supplement.
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 27th, 2012, 08:09 AM
I breat feed with my other two, so I definately will be with this one. I might only make it to 6 months, because right after I have to go do a military school
February 27th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My first I only breastfed for about a month. I was in soo much pain! With my second I was determined mainly because I was a stay at home mom and I didn't want to pay for formula. I breast fed her until she started on milk. I am hoping that I can breast feed this one as well. Plus it is so nice when they are a newborn to have an excuse to leave the room and nurse when you have a house full of your DH's family!!! With my first everyone wanted to feed her and I wanted her to myself LOL.

February 27th, 2012, 09:45 AM
mommacache's Avatar Super Mommy
I'll breastfeed this one. My other two BF'd for 2 1/2 years each so I'm guessing this will go the same.

February 27th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am still breastfeeding my son, and hope to continue and breastfeed them both. If Peter self weans during pregnancy I will still mos definitely BF Mouse. I will also re-introduce Peter to the breast...

February 27th, 2012, 10:46 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I breastfed my other 3 and will with this one too. The boys both weaned during my next pregnancy (Liam weaned 12 weeks in at 13 1/2 months and Lochlann weaned 19 weeks in at 26 months) and my daughter is still nursing now. I really don't have any desire to tandem nurse so I'm kind of hoping she weans during pregnancy too, she'll be 2 on St. Patrick's Day.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

February 27th, 2012, 10:58 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Breastfed and pumped for 4 months, pumped for another 7 months; even though she self-weaned off the breast at 4 months DD had only breastmilk and babyfood (no formula) until she was 13 months. Hope to breastfeed and pump with this one too; want child to have breastmilk for at least first year of life. May pump for more but will not breastfeed for more than one year.

Sisters, friends forever
February 27th, 2012, 01:18 PM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I breastfed my first until 6 months. The stress of work and schedule dried me up. I will try to go much farther this time. I think it is the best thing we can do for our babies.

My Blog
February 27th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Nicole1108's Avatar Veteran
I breastfed my son for 11 mths and if I cld do it again I would.. Because of my double mastectomy I wont be able to with this one. I would not allow anyone to give my son formula - I pumped day and night - froze my milk - I was very persistant about making sure he had breast milk...so Im very sad that I wont be able to do it with this one..

I dont even know where to start with formulas - what kind - whats good and whats not!!! Guess eventually Ill have to start looking into it..

No matter how long we must be apart......
God will bring us back together
<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search