Your "splurge" item

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2012, 07:39 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm guessing most of us aren't millionaires with an unlimited baby shopping budget...am I right?!? That said, there are definitely times to go a little nuts

What one or two items will you really splurge on for this baby/pregnancy?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 27th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We are really big hippies, so we don't use things like cribs, strollers soothing toys, like bouncers and swings.

With that said it gives us a MUCH larger budget for our car seat and Baby Carriers....

We are getting both a Boba Carrier and a Boba Wrap, so i can where both babies.

And we are getting this seat! Most likely 2 of them.

Maxi-Cosi Pria

February 27th, 2012, 09:09 AM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am getting a Ergo this time around. I used every sling, carrier, wrap known to man last round... but I want an Ergo this time.

My Blog
February 27th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The only thing we'll need to get is a new infant carrier as the one we used for the past 3 kids will expire in December. I won't go expensive though since this will be the only kid to use it!

February 27th, 2012, 09:26 AM
mandattu_02's Avatar Mom to 2 beautiful babies
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargatemommy View Post
We are really big hippies, so we don't use things like cribs, strollers soothing toys, like bouncers and swings.

With that said it gives us a MUCH larger budget for our car seat and Baby Carriers....

We are getting both a Boba Carrier and a Boba Wrap, so i can where both babies.

And we are getting this seat! Most likely 2 of them.

Maxi-Cosi Pria

We just bought the Maxi-Cose Pria 70 for Ryan and we absolutely LOVE it! It was a little bit of a pain to get installed but so worth the $$ that we spent on it! I think you'll love it, too.

We don't really need anything for this little one since we just bought everything under the sun in the past year, haha! The only thing we will really need is a 2nd crib, so that will more than likely be our big splurge. Oh, and a double stroller. That will be a must!

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!**

February 27th, 2012, 09:33 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
definitely a baby carrier (or 5). this probably doesnt mean anything to anyone but after my second i had my storchenweige wrap converted into a bamberoo padded mei tai and it's the best carrier i have ever seen but it was custom made for a toddler so i am going to try and have her change it back to a newborn size.

october is the best month to wear a newborn baby.
February 27th, 2012, 09:38 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
We're gonna have to find a way to get a bigger car, and so that's probably going to be our big expense, though I'm not real sure how we can afford it! Once our house sells, maybe we can.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
February 27th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh yeah, I am considering buying Newborn AIO cloth diapers. I just used covers and flats with Peter, and I think I might like AIOs better. But they are pricey for getting such little use out of them.

February 27th, 2012, 09:39 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Probably nothing. We will need a crib but not til the baby is several months old. The one we have no we got used when I was pregnant with my first and its a drop side and its kind of falling apart. I don't want to spend much on a new crib though since this will be our last baby and we don't use the crib a whole lot anyway. We do need a new car seat for the baby, most likely will be another Britax Marathon, so while its not astronomically expensive its not cheap either. Other than a few bits of clothes that's about all we need.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

February 27th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have basically everything we need. Might need to buy some type of bassinet or co-sleeper for next to our bed. I borrowed my sister's Arms Reach Co-sleeper for Riley, but he ended up sleeping in our bed anyway. (I know, I know. I said I would never ever let my baby sleep in my bed. Then, I had a baby...) And we'll need a double stroller. Riley won't quite be two yet when this one is born.
February 27th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Veteran
Well I'm pretty much starting from scratch since my first baby just turned 7 years old! I've given away all of her things over the years the only thing I have left is the outfit she came home in. So we've decided to buy one big thing a month over the next 7 months and the crib will be our splurge item I'm sure.

Thank you Bonnie for my fantastic siggy!

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 27th, 2012, 10:52 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Our splurge last time was nice strollers...a Maclaren umbrella stroller and a Phil & Ted's jogging stroller. Now I think we might sell them both and our splurge this time might be strollers again...of the doubles variety!

For those of you that said you were splurging on an Ergo...you won't regret it I still use mine with Claire at 19 months; it was worth every penny!
bryan and nina likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 27th, 2012, 11:14 AM
rstarkey's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenpie View Post
definitely a baby carrier (or 5). this probably doesnt mean anything to anyone but after my second i had my storchenweige wrap converted into a bamberoo padded mei tai and it's the best carrier i have ever seen but it was custom made for a toddler so i am going to try and have her change it back to a newborn size.

october is the best month to wear a newborn baby.
teach me more about babywearing and wraps! This really interests me. Links or anything like that? Whatever you'd like to share

We will need only a crib and clothing. I still have my cloth diapers from my 5 year old and all the other niceties I have from my grandson (swing, bouncy seat, etc.)
JillMama likes this.

February 27th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Omg...this is my first baby. I. NEED everything. Don't even know where to begin
Mrs.Paradise, LWiegel and JillMama like this.
February 27th, 2012, 11:48 AM
praying for our rainbow
We are starting from scratch, my son turns 9 March 10th so we have nothing. The main 2 big splurges are going to be a new apartment and a new car.

February 27th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2MacNFinn
A new car for the FH and a house haha oh and we have nothing unless I bug my ex-DH to let me take stuff from my first two.

February 27th, 2012, 01:12 PM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We pretty much have everything unless it's a boy then we'll get clothes, but besides that our big purchase will be a co-sleeper.
February 27th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we need pretty much EVERYTHING! and if my sil wasnt having another baby then I would prob. get everything from her... but I still might be able to get stuff from her because shes due in May! so by the time this baby comes her baby will be done with some of the things! lol
February 27th, 2012, 01:32 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
We have nothing either!! It's overwhelming to look at all the stuff we want/ need but I started making an amazon wishlist. It lets me keep track of everything I want and once we get a little farther along, I am sure my family in Germany will want to get things for our baby and that will be a great way for them to get things we need..

I FOR SURE want an Ergo; I have heard nothing but good things about them. This is the color I want:

I am not sure what else we will splurge on but I know I am also getting a Boba wrap and who knows what other wrap... Babywearing is what I am most excited about!!
LWiegel likes this.

February 27th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Nicole1108's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by *AngieKH* View Post
We're gonna have to find a way to get a bigger car, and so that's probably going to be our big expense, though I'm not real sure how we can afford it! Once our house sells, maybe we can.

Im with you on the car !! I was just talking with my baby's father today and told him that I needed some work done on my car so I can sell it! We camp a lot in the summer so eventually 2 dogs - 2 kids - and a room for everything else just isnt going to work in the car I have now!! But I kept a lot of things from when my son was born so I wont need too much...

No matter how long we must be apart......
God will bring us back together
<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search