progesterone update - need some cheer-up

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By doremi
  • 1 Post By stargatemommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

I got my blood test results from my blood work of this morning (26 DPO). My hCG has gone up quite normally to 16308.

With my last blood work (20 DPO) my progesterone was down from over 34 to 22.85. This morning it was down even more, to 19.20.
I will not call this fluctuation anymore. I shouldn't have agreed to DH's plan to first wait and see what my progesterone will do. Why did I? I should have just taken the gel.

I just took a shot of the progesterone gel and will take another one before I go to bed tonight. I won't see my gyn until Thursday morning.

I'm just so scared right now. I hope I'm not too late with the gel. I just wanna cry right now. I don't want to lose my bean again

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
February 27th, 2012, 12:14 PM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Listen to your heart and your body. If you feel unsure about something, don't take the advice of a non-medical professional. Not trying to get you down, but it is your body, not his.

On a good note, my last pregnancy failed for other reasons. My progesterone was at 14 and I was able to see a beautiful little heartbeat. Yours is lower than it was, but not too far gone. Do what you feel is right and demand your doctor take you seriously with you concerns. Your HCG looks great!!

My Blog
February 27th, 2012, 12:19 PM
LWiegel's Avatar Lauren *Expecting #1!*
I am sorry you are having to go through this. I really hope it all works out for the best. When will you get your first US to see babies heart beat? My progesterone was 7.8 and they got me on some meds immediately and I bet they will for you too. Yours is still pretty high especially for the first trimester and there have been many success stories with progesterone levels starting at 5.0! That is giving me hope and since you caught it early that's good too! I really wish you the best of luck and you will be in my T&Ps.

Lauren's Pregnancy Journal.
February 27th, 2012, 12:23 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Your HCG sounds perfect, and even though your progesterone dropped some, I think it is still high enough that you don't need to worry. I'm so sorry you are having all this stress, and I hope things are better very soon.
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

February 27th, 2012, 01:56 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Huge hugs!!! I'm sorry you're feeling freaked out and a tad guilty. What's done is done, the important thing is that you are taking the progesterone NOW!! I'll be praying... remember, we have lucky baby beans
Lav likes this.

February 27th, 2012, 02:00 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I don't think your progesterone sounds that bad! I hope everything will turn out fine!

February 27th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HUGE SUPER DUPER FREAKING BIG FAT GIANT MONSTER HOOKER FANGBANGER Im sooooooo sorry sweetie... but it does sound like you caught it just in time! cant wait for you to see your babies HB!!!
February 27th, 2012, 02:09 PM
lovely.carlie's Avatar MaKinslie's Mommy
FX for you that your bean is safe and sticky.. I know, loss and the thought of loss is so horrible, just try and keep your chin up, though I know it is no easy task.

February 27th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My progesterone with my daughter started out at around 11, and she is a healthy happy five year old. I think you're still gonna be fine. Big hugs!!!

February 27th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If you are worried I would call your Dr and get a rx for prometrium. The gel is unreliable and not very safe.

February 27th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you all so much for your support!

@stargatemommy

my gyn doesn't believe in prometrium - I already asked her for it once and she said the gel is the only one that has been proven to work, while all other progesterone supps haven't....

@doremi

thanks so much for reminding me. You're right. I shouldn't be so worried. We have double - rainbow - baby - power on our side!

@LWiegel

thanks. At first I wasn't even sure if I was going to have a u/s done at all, since I hadn't been able to see my gyn yet with this pregnancy. I finally have an appointment with her on Thursday morning.
However, she called me about an hour ago and said my numbers are looking good, nothing to worry about. She told me she scheduled a u/s for me on Wednesday 10am. So I guess I'm gonna see my bean then!

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
February 27th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I had 10 miscarriages, and when the Dr finally prescribed me prometrium, my first pregnancy stuck. It works IF your issue is low progesterone. Did she prescribe this gel or is it from a local health store?
doremi likes this.

February 27th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargatemommy View Post
Well, I had 10 miscarriages, and when the Dr finally prescribed me prometrium, my first pregnancy stuck. It works IF your issue is low progesterone. Did she prescribe this gel or is it from a local health store?
she prescribed it last year and gave me sample packages until I could get the prescription. It never came to that since I miscarried before I could get the prescription filled. Now it's (according to the pharmacy) not available anymore from the manufacturer. I told my gyn that and she said she has enough samples at the office for me.........I guess I'm going to be using the gel for now and then talk to her about it.

The only thing that makes me somewhat feel good about it is that with my last pregnancy my progesterone was around 13 when she first tested (when I started spotting) and then 1 week later (I'd taken the gel from the samples she gave me then) it was over 17. Then I miscarried another week later (there was no heartbeat 5 days after the progesterone at 17, and two days later I passed the fetus).

February 27th, 2012, 06:14 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your numbers really seem good. Talk to your doctor if you are worried and research gel vs suppositories before you go. That way you can discuss your preference with her too. I pray this will be a sticky bean for you. Hugs.

Sisters, friends forever
February 27th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Geesh I am glad you took that shot anyway better now then never but your progesterone is still at a good level, don't beat yourself crazy! Your HCG is fantastic. Hang in there girl it'll be ok. Don't listen to dh pleaseeee, to bad your Ob won't listen to you seriously sometimes they get so set in there ways they forget there patients are individuals! Hugs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search