My appt today....

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By dawnmarie05860
  • 1 Post By yashobo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2012, 05:14 PM
dawnmarie05860's Avatar Veteran
I'll try to make this semi short and sweet (but I'm sure it'll be more along the lines of long and pointless
I went back in for yet another appointment today to have my womanly parts looked at and cranked open and all that wonderful good stuff we all look forward too each and every year. Come to find out I have a poylp on my cervix which can cause some pretty good amounts of bleeding if irritated and cannot be removed until after delivery. Seriously? Seriously? Why me? I am freaked out enough about bleeding and miscarriage (having a miscarriage and a stillbirth under my belt) and now I have a giant nasty looking thing hanging out in my cervix waiting to play mind games with me for the next 31 weeks? NOT COOL! Oh well...I guess it could be much much worse, right?
So, onto the scheduling of the NT scan. Here I am all excited because I thought DF would be home for this ultrasound assuming I could get in when I was around 11 weeks (3 weeks from now). Turns out I can't get in for another 4 or 5 weeks and he will be home and already gone with another load back to Califonia. This sucks! Hopefully, he can be home for the 20 week scan. If not, I'm going to surprise him with a private ultrasound screening when he gets home around the mid way mark. Either way, I'm going to make sure he sees this baby. It's hard for him being a trucker to be a part of this pregnancy so I'm going to make every effort to try to make him feel included because I love him. I'm such a dork, I know.
And I finally came to terms that I am getting a c-section this time around. Do I want one? No, not in the least bit but I'm not about to tempt faith again. With my first son, I lost him when I was full term (no known causes) and would rather have him (or her) taken a little early than go home empty handed. I have a tenative date of September 25th for my c-section but I'm not leaving this club! You can't make me! I will tie myself to something and...er....I have no idea after that. I'll figure it out later!
Okay, I'm done for now....I think.
Zukin, yashobo, Beth04 and 4 others like this.
February 27th, 2012, 06:23 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So happy you had a wonderful appt and kudos for being such a sweet and considerate partner. I am sure he appreciates you including him in every part of the pregnancy. Sorry about the cyst thingy, maybe pregnancy hormones will melt it away I guess we are stuckwith you now looking forward to having you around for another 8 to 9 months.
Stilettos-N-Sippys likes this.

Sisters, friends forever
February 27th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad your appointment went great and you already have a game plan set. Sound alike your dh will have a blast when you two finally have a chance to see the baby together I did that with my last baby to it was so sweet, dh was over seas as usual!

February 28th, 2012, 03:07 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
So sorry about your stillbirth!! How devastating that must have been. I think it's wonderful that you want a private u/s so DH can see the baby. I think that is fantastic.

February 28th, 2012, 03:31 AM
LWiegel's Avatar Lauren *Expecting #1!*
I am so sorry you have to deal with that dang polyp!!! You seem to have a positive outlook though and thats wonderful! And how thoughtful of you with the private US! I bet he'll love it!

Lauren's Pregnancy Journal.
February 28th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You have been through a lot! I can't even imagine a stillbirth. You deserve a nice easy pregnancy this time. I hope things get better and you can relax and enjoy this! You sure do deserve it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search