Hi Ladies...Introducing Myself

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2012, 10:40 AM
Veteran
Hi all!
Kind of surprised to find myself here! But...here I am! According to LMP I should be due 10/29, but I think I ovulated a few days late, which is how I ended up in this predicament.

For a little info on myself. I am 23 (almost 24) and the bf is 26 (almost 27). We have only been together for 6-ish month, and while we are very much in love and have had some of the marriage/kids in the future talks, this was totally unplanned. I didn't even think I was pregnant--I only took the test so I WOULDN'T spend time worrying that I was knocked up. Oops ;-)

Anyways, after a lot of hard talks we decided to go through with this. We both have stable jobs, places to live (although I will be moving in with him asap), health insurance, no debt, college degrees, etc. And, almost like fate, just before finding out the big news he decided to move into a 2 bedroom apartment!

Now that we are starting to get ourselves ready, the big part will be telling our families. We think his parents will take it alright, but mine...not so much. They have some very big, hard to achieve education/career goals for me that they have poured a huge amount of money and effort into. And this baby will totally put a damper on that if not completely take it off of my radar for good. I just keep having to remind myself that I am a grown up and at this point in my life the worst my parents can do is be mad! Doesn't make it any easier though! He is telling his parents this weekend and I am am planning to tell mine next week after our first consultation with the midwife. We are kind of on a time crunch however, as we are going out to visit them at the end of the month and I want to give them plenty of time to process the news before we arrive.

So basically, I am just looking for a good support group to share the next 9 months with!
March 1st, 2012, 11:09 AM
Welcome & congrats!! Good luck with everything I am sure it'll all work out fine

Can't wait to get to know you better!!
March 1st, 2012, 11:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and welcome.

March 1st, 2012, 11:22 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Congrats! Educated smarty pants women can have kids too! You'll make it work like the rest of us.
**Jenn** likes this.
March 1st, 2012, 12:24 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2MacNFinn
Congrats and welcome, we are in very similar boats and hopefully can help each other get through this. I'm a good ranting board.

March 1st, 2012, 01:08 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2MacNFinn View Post
Congrats and welcome, we are in very similar boats and hopefully can help each other get through this. I'm a good ranting board.
From your name I'm guessing this is not your first? This is my first pregnancy and would be the first grandchild in the family (I'm the oldest), so it's weird having no gauge for how my parents might react.
March 1st, 2012, 01:09 PM
MrzRoman's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Currently living in Oxnard, Ca hometown Jacksonville, FL
Send a message via MSN to MrzRoman Send a message via Yahoo to MrzRoman
Congrats and Welcome!!!

Mrs. C Roman:
Mommy to:

Jahdiel Benjamin, Jaiden Jaiver, Jalen Elias, Jaslene Mercedes, Jace Anthony
March 1st, 2012, 01:24 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2MacNFinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston.Corgi View Post
From your name I'm guessing this is not your first? This is my first pregnancy and would be the first grandchild in the family (I'm the oldest), so it's weird having no gauge for how my parents might react.
Nope I have 2 from a previous marriage but i've only been divorced a year and am 26. BD and I have only been together a few months and engaged a month. (We were friends before). My family freaked.

March 1st, 2012, 01:34 PM
Nicole1108's Avatar Veteran
WELCOME!! This is an amazing group!!

Just remember - Things happen in our lives for a reason!! Even if they are unexpected - the become blessing in disguise
Stilettos-N-Sippys likes this.

No matter how long we must be apart......
God will bring us back together
<3

March 1st, 2012, 01:44 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole1108 View Post
WELCOME!! This is an amazing group!!

Just remember - Things happen in our lives for a reason!! Even if they are unexpected - the become blessing in disguise
Yeah. After sitting down together last night and really crunching numbers, it was reassuring to see that even with me not working post-baby, insane rent prices for our apartment in the middle of the city, and putting away a serious chunk of income into savings each month, that we would still be totally fine. We are both starting to get excited
Nicole1108 likes this.
March 1st, 2012, 01:57 PM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like my story from my first pregnancy. She is 4 now, and everything is going wonderfully. You can make it all work out.

Welcome!

My Blog
March 1st, 2012, 02:07 PM
Congratulations!!!! Enjoy the journey
March 1st, 2012, 02:42 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston.Corgi View Post
Yeah. After sitting down together last night and really crunching numbers, it was reassuring to see that even with me not working post-baby, insane rent prices for our apartment in the middle of the city, and putting away a serious chunk of income into savings each month, that we would still be totally fine. We are both starting to get excited
Congrats and Welcome!

From your screen name, I am assuming you live in MA. Daycare or childcare prices are insane, along with the rent rates, you are almost better off staying home.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
March 1st, 2012, 02:50 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by krislati View Post
Congrats and Welcome!

From your screen name, I am assuming you live in MA. Daycare or childcare prices are insane, along with the rent rates, you are almost better off staying home.
Ha, it actually refers to my fur-baby (a boston terrier/corgi mix). But we have looked into childcare in our city and it is OUTRAGEOUS.
March 3rd, 2012, 08:34 AM
Veteran
Just as an update:
The BF and I each told our parents last night. We knew his parents would take it well (which they did), so that was the easy one. I was really nervous about my parents, but it went so much better than expected. I wouldn't say they had the same "Congratulations, this is so exciting!" tone as the BF's parents did, but there were no tears/yelling/swearing/etc. It just feels so good to have that hurdle out of the way!
March 3rd, 2012, 08:38 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!!!

I'm glad telling your parents went easier than you anticipated.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

March 3rd, 2012, 09:52 AM
Veteran
Welcome and congratulations
March 3rd, 2012, 10:18 AM
Pageturner
welcome, nice to meet you and looking forward to getting to know you! I'm pregnant for the first time too, and we are not married yet so I know how u feel about telling the parents! I'm glad it went okay!
March 3rd, 2012, 03:41 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Glad it went well.

March 3rd, 2012, 04:00 PM
SabrinaH's Avatar Pregnant with #1!
Congrats and welcome! I'm glad your parents took the news well. I'm married, in my 30's with a stable job and I have no idea how my parents are going to react so you never know!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search