Anyone else in denial or shock about being pregnant?

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By Kansascity kitty
  • 1 Post By Mrs.Paradise
  • 4 Post By Nicole1108
  • 1 Post By missmorganxo
  • 1 Post By Mrs.Paradise
  • 1 Post By JillMama
  • 1 Post By hopesNdreams
  • 1 Post By Almondeyes
  • 1 Post By rstarkey
  • 1 Post By bryan and nina
  • 1 Post By **Jenn**
  • 1 Post By sonomom15

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2012, 05:34 PM
missmorganxo
I've gotten 4 positive pregnancy tests in the past 2 days. I've had two past miscarriages, so I'm always really cautious and I worry a lot about that.

I've told my Mom so far and she has a hard time being excited for me because she's scared to get my hopes up. And, I'm scared to get my hopes up, too. I haven't jumped around or acted super excited in the past two days. I'm just shocked and I keep looking at my pregnancy test pictures to make sure I didn't just see it and it wasn't there, or it wasn't some sort of sham. I'm looking at the pictures every hour and I know in my head you don't get four positives and then you're not pregnant. I know I am.

I'm finding an OBGYN Monday to hopefully get some closure, but I'm sure it'll be a few works before my first appointment.

I've wanted a baby so badly, I don't have a child. Just past miscarriages! So, I should be SO happy and I keep wondering why I can't just accept it.

Anyone else in this situation?
March 2nd, 2012, 05:37 PM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No not when you look four months pregnant and seen the kiddies more then 4 times. Hope it hits you soon.

Hugs hang in there.

Sorry not trying to sound insensitive. I should have read your entire post first. I hope your bean sticks.
missmorganxo likes this.

March 2nd, 2012, 05:40 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
first of all HUGE SUPER DUPER FREAKING BIG FAT GIANT MONSTER HOOKER FANGBANGER Im sorry for your losses! it is so hard not to get your hopes up when you get that but in your case I would also be cautious! I was cautious and a little worried that there wasnt going to be a hb so it was nice to get to see my little nugget and see the hb! I hope you can find a doctor that can get you in ASAP! so they can ease your mind!
missmorganxo likes this.
March 2nd, 2012, 05:40 PM
Nicole1108's Avatar Veteran
How far a long do you think you are??

Its normal to have some anxiety about being pregnant especially once you have already had a m/c.. but try to relax - stressing yourself out isnt going to make things any better. I know its easier said than done!

Not sure if you are a spiritual person - but if you are - PRAY!! It might add some ease to your mind!!

Good luck and keep us posted! **HUGS**

No matter how long we must be apart......
God will bring us back together
<3

March 2nd, 2012, 05:45 PM
missmorganxo
My last period was the 24th of January. So, I'm about 5 weeks, 3 days, if I go off of that. I'm thinking that's about right!

I am spiritiual, and I pray constantly that this little baby will stick and come out perfect and healthy! I don't want another loss, it's hearbreaking.

I just keep hoping it will truly hit me. I just want to celebrate, I want to be a mother more than anything in this world.
Mrs.Paradise likes this.
March 2nd, 2012, 05:55 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well I will keep you and your little bean in my T&P's! I hope that this is your STICKY BEAN!!!
missmorganxo likes this.
March 2nd, 2012, 06:13 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's normal to be anxious with past losses. Praying this will be a sticky bean for you.

Sisters, friends forever
March 2nd, 2012, 06:14 PM
missmorganxo
Thank you, ladies! *hugs*

I'll keep y'all posted (:
March 2nd, 2012, 07:57 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really hope everything goes well for you!!! I'm kind of in the same boat as you, I miscarried in Nov & Dec!! =( they were really early, but still really hurt. When I heard my babys heart beat yesterday I cried, it was incredible. I'll be praying for you and your little October pumpkin!
missmorganxo likes this.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
March 2nd, 2012, 08:04 PM
hopesNdreams's Avatar Proud BF'ing Mama!!!
I know all too well how you feel, it took me a while to be okay with "I am pregnant" I had 2 m/c's but very different, one was early on and the baby never showed up...The other I was farther along. So I feel like no matter what I will kinda worry. But you have to just "let go and let GOD" I have to leave it in his hands cause if not i will go crazy the next 8 months... HUGS sweetie! Praying for you little bean!
missmorganxo likes this.

March 2nd, 2012, 08:30 PM
missmorganxo
Thank you, ladies. I'm def leaving it in God's hands, and hoping for the best.

I'll just be thankful for each day that all goes well.
March 2nd, 2012, 08:33 PM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
I am in the same boat (2 miscarriages). It still hasn't hit me yet. I took 2 test last Sunday and both positive and went to the dr on Monday and saw peanut on the u/s but am still in denial. I even went to the store today and bought another test, and it still say positive. So, I am still pregnant. I think I will be more at ease in the 2nd trimester.
missmorganxo likes this.

March 3rd, 2012, 01:55 AM
rstarkey's Avatar Veteran
I'm still in shock! I went through alot of different emotions when I found out. I'm 40, will be 41 when this baby is born. I have been NFP for a very long time, thought I knew my cycle inside and out. After more than 5 years of counting I must've O'd early. I'm still struggling with being a new grandmother and new expecting mother at the same time.
I suppose God had different plans than I did It's all in his hands. And somehow I think that these little babies have a mind of their own whether to stay or not.
Hugs to you. I hope that you can celebrate with Joy and peace soon!
missmorganxo likes this.

March 3rd, 2012, 03:01 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I know exactly what you feel like. Even at over 7 weeks now and having seen the heartbeat I am still so nervous! I had a m/c August 2010 and it took me this long to get pregnant again. I have been super nervous and worried about losing this one as well but at this point, it really is out of our hands...

I hope your little bean sticks!!! You should go to the doctor monday and ask for beta draws and progesterone. Maybe your progesterone was low with the first two and that's why you miscarried? Have you had that checked? And the beta values should double every 24-48 hours so you need to get them drawn once, then 2-3 days after that again to see if they doubled; that should give you a good indicator of how things are going. I really hope this is it for you! I know the feeling of wanting a baby so badly!!
missmorganxo likes this.

March 3rd, 2012, 05:39 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do know that feeling. My first pregnancy was my loss (around 6 weeks) and then it was almost 2 1/2 years before I got pregnant with my first son. To say I was a nervous wreck would be the understatement of the year. Even now, this is my fifth pregnancy and hopefully fourth child and I still am a bit disconnected during the first trimester even though the symptoms are kicking my butt and I already look about 4 months pregnant. All you can do is take it one day at a time. Praying for a nice healthy baby for you!
missmorganxo likes this.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

March 3rd, 2012, 07:33 AM
October 2012 DDC co-host
I just wanted to send a big (((hug))). Hang in there! The first trimester is SO difficult! There are so many unknowns and it's particularly hard when you've had to experience a loss (or several) before So sorry! I hope this baby is super sticky!!!
missmorganxo likes this.

March 3rd, 2012, 01:38 PM
missmorganxo
Thank you, ladies! I'm going to call first thing on Monday. I already found a OBGYN I want to use online. I wasn't happy with my last one.

I hope they can fit me in soon, to put my mind at ease.

I'm feeling such a mixture of fear, and excitement. I am just praying all goes well with my HCG levels and stuff like that. Thank you for all your encouragement!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search