Starting to think my vitamins are the devil!!!

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2012, 07:24 PM
SuperMom
So I had a suspicion that my vitamins were making my morning sickness worse. So I did an experiment :-)

I took my vitamin Wednesday night like normal. The next day I felt terrible!! Sick all day long and severe fatigue all day as well. I was so sick Thursday night that I couldn't even stomach the thought of taking my vitamin. So I didnt. Friday morning I had a smidge of morning sickness but was actually able to eat ALL day long!!

SO...last night I took my vitamin again and once again I felt like poo all day long. Now I don't even want to take it at all!!

I need some suggestions on what to do. Im so scared if I don't take it my baby will come out with 3 heads lol

March 4th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
That happened with my second. I told my doctor and had me try another vitamin. He pretty much had me try different ones until I knew which one worked with my body best. Now I'm taking one that is making me tired. I have to ask him tomorrow if I can take it at night cause it is making me even more tired then normal.

March 4th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thats happening to me as well lol. I noticed the same thing. I am on the lights prenatal vitamin thats easy on the stomach took em last pregnancy to Rainbow light I get them at the health food store or Wegmans. Not sure why its so bad this time around but I did the same experiment you did. I even started taking them at bedtime still didn't help not sure whats up with that but I hope it gets better for us girls soon.

March 4th, 2012, 05:41 AM
SuperMom
I go to the doctor on Thursday and I'm going to ask about changing. I hate to not take my vitamins at all until then but it makes my word days really hard when I do take them

Oh and btw....I didn't take them last night and I feel fantastic today!!

March 4th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just took mine this morning since I skipped yesterday. I still take my folic acid of course but when I goto my ob on the 13th I am asking for something else to.

March 4th, 2012, 06:12 AM
For my first and second pregnancies I had pretty bad m/s. I was told to take flintstones kids. It helped for some odd reason.
March 4th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
Maybe try a vitamin with a higher dose of b6, or even pick up some b6 to take with your vitamin, it is supposed to help reduce nausea. When I can't stomach the prenatals I just take 2 flintstones, an additional 400mcg of folic acid, and 25-50mg of b6.

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/31/15!

March 4th, 2012, 09:03 AM
missmorganxo
I hate vitamins, too. I wish I could take the little flintsone gummie ones, but I know that wouldn't give me the vitamins I need. But, they're the only vitamins that don't mess with me or make me sick and tired! Stupid vitamins!
March 4th, 2012, 09:07 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Do you girls have a healthfood store around?? I get mine there and they actually have ginger and extra b6 in them against m/s. These are the ones I take:
Amazon.com: Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal Multivitamins, 180 Count: Health & Personal Care

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search