Light cramping and spotting this morning, and pregnancy test issue! Help!

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By bryan and nina
  • 1 Post By **Jenn**
  • 1 Post By bryan and nina
  • 1 Post By missmorganxo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2012, 09:49 AM
missmorganxo
I just got some somewhat dark positives in the past 3 days! Like, 6 or 7. I keep retesting because I'm in disbelief, I've had two losses in the past, so maybe that's why.

Anywho, I woke up this morning and wiped and saw some brownish blood, but a small amount. And, have ahd some light cramping. Nothing intense, almost like period cramps. No more bleeding since.

Also, my pregnancy tests are much lighter in the morning, and much darker at night. Anyone know why this would happen? I'm calling OBGYN tomorrow, I'm so worried now! ):
March 4th, 2012, 09:52 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I am sorry for your worries, Morgan. I can tell you spotting (especially browning which means old blood!) is normal (it could be late implantation spotting) but I know that won't make you worry less. Did you have sex last night? That can sometimes cause your cervix to become irritated which can bring on the spotting.

My pregnancy test were always darker in the afternoon as well; first morning urine didn't work nearly as good for me!
I hope the spotting stops and everything will be fine. You'll be in my thoughts!
missmorganxo likes this.

March 4th, 2012, 09:53 AM
missmorganxo
Thank you so much, that eases my mind a bit.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has darker positives later in the day!
March 4th, 2012, 10:01 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've heard from lots of people that have darker tests at night than in the morning. I'm the other way around, darker in the morning and lighter through the day. I agree, brown blood is old blood. Could be implantation bleeding that has just worked its way through or your cervix could have gotten irritated a bit (doesn't have to be sex for that to happen). If it makes you feel any better I spotted and bled lightly through 8 weeks with my second son (brown, pink and red blood) and while definitely nerve wracking he was just fine. Keeping your little one in my thoughts that everything is just fine this time. hugs
missmorganxo likes this.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

March 4th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Sure. If you want to hear something really creepy; around 6 weeks pregnant I was still poas but I hadn't taken one in 3 days or so, so I decided to take another test (Answer, which has given me the best lines so far). Now, I should specify that at this point my test line had already gotten to the point of being way darker than the control! So I took the answer, checked it a few minutes later and got the shock of my life. The test line was SO faint! Obviously still positive but much more faint than the control!! I thought for sure I was having another m/c. We went to the ER because I was so upset; long story short, the did an u/s and even though we didn't see a baby, we saw a yolk sac and gestational sac and my beta values had gone up a lot from the last time. A few days later at my obgyn appt we saw the heartbeat. So... Maybe you should stop testing; I haven't touched a test since then! I know it gives you comfort but I would hate for yours to get darker and darker and then all of a sudden get super light. At least be prepared that it could happen without it actually being anything bad.
Sorry for the long story. lol.
missmorganxo likes this.

March 4th, 2012, 10:13 AM
missmorganxo
Nina, your story made me feel SO much better. That's somethiing I'd definitely do! I've gotten obvious positives, don't know why I keep testing. I know I need to stop. I have ONE test left, I'm going to use it (ofcourse) and not buy anymore, even if it kills me. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow! So, I should know something then.

I haven't had anymore bleeding, I'm crossing my fingers that I don't. I'm glad to know that you can have bleeding and still have a normal pregnancy!

Thank you SO much!
bryan and nina likes this.
March 4th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I know how hard it is!! I think I had close to 30-35 tests when I was done. Insanity. lol. I truly hope everything looks good for you tomorrow! Please update us as soon as you learn something.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search