Acne!

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2012, 07:50 PM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know this is a pregnancy 'thing', but my acne is so annoying and persistent! It's on my face, neck, chest, and back. I feel really gross because of it I was a vegetarian prior to pregnancy but found that I was having a hard time with consuming and being satisfied with protein sources other than meat, so I started eating meat again at 7 weeks. I was clear of acne for the most part while veg, so I know that has contributed. The bumps on my neck are really painful, more like blackheads.

Anyone have this issue and have any ideas of how to help it in any way? I've tried scrubs, daily showers, etc. It's a pain! Good excuse for more hot showers though
May 12th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anti bacterial soap will help . Hope it gets better asap.

May 12th, 2012, 09:07 PM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the tip! I hope it gets better soon as well. It's frustrating!
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

May 12th, 2012, 10:56 PM
kathleenbean108's Avatar Pregnant with baby #3
I have it on my back and chin and HATE it. I knew it was coming because I broke out with my other 2 as well.

Robert Thomas

Rachel Marie

Drayana Abigail

Gabriel Andrew
May 13th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Veteran
My face has been pretty calm but my back has broken out. I think it is pregnancy and my hair is actually long enough to touch my back now in almost two years. Luckily DH is nice enough to scrub my back down with antibacterial soap two or three times a week. That seems to have stopped most of it.
May 13th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only know the anti-B will work because I asked my dermatologist about it when I delivered Sophie my hormones drove my body insane so I washed 3 times per day then backed off to 2 times per day after 2 weeks. I also use it in the shower sometimes.

May 13th, 2012, 11:19 AM
SabrinaH's Avatar Pregnant with #1!
I have major backne - it's gross. My face isn't too bad, but the stuff I used before isn't helping. My face is either too dry or too oily. I'm not too stressed about it because I know there isn't a whole lot I can do since it's been a life long battle.

May 14th, 2012, 05:27 AM
AmandaOhio's Avatar Mommie 2x
I have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM!!!! and I have just noticed that the body acne is starting to subside it was terrible a few weeks ago, but my face has been breaking out more Anyhow, I was reading on another forum and this girl who said that her doctor asked her if she wanted to try clindamycin phosphate topical acne treatment that is apparently safe to use..another girl commented and said that she had just used it on her shoulders and that it was going away right away, but I don't know if it's like prescribed or what.. I was thinking about asking my doctor about it next time I go in on the 18th.
May 14th, 2012, 07:02 AM
SLP83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to add that you should be careful with scrubs. If you use them too often and scrub too hard it will irritate your skin and just make things worse.

Same goes when you are drying your skin, it's really tempting to scrub hard with the towel but again it can just make things worse. Patting dry is the best way.

My mom is a dermatology nurse, I've had this stuff shoved down my throat all my life, especially because I've always had some acne .

Tags
acne , painful , pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search