Receiving blankets....

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bostoncreampie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2012, 12:33 PM
October 2012 DDC co-host
What are your favorites? Do you use the big flannel ones, the smaller waffle woven ones, or the square smaller flannel ones that come in a pack? Just curious as to what everyone else's preferences are.

I personally like the waffle woven ones because they are a little stretchy. DH really likes these: Swaddle Designs Organic Ultimate Receiving Blanket Mod Circles - Pastel Pink - Swaddle Designs - Babies "R" Us

Who all has used these? Do you like themhttp://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4001836

aden and anais??

We don't like the small flannel blankets because they grow out of them so quickly, but they are SO nice to have on hand for spit ups and things like that later!

July 13th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am not a fan of receiving blankets myself. I got a million with Rylynn and probably used maybe 2. On the other hand I LOVE the swaddle blankets! Probably because it tells you how to use it and swaddle with it. With the receiving blanket I can never get it right. LOL

July 13th, 2012, 12:48 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like a few of them for different reasons. I like the flannel ones as regular blankets to cover baby with. I like the waffle knit ones on the rare occasion one of my kids tolerated being swaddled (they all hated it) because its so stretchy. And I'm going to get a package of Aden and Anais muslin ones too.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 13th, 2012, 01:01 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure since Iv'e never had experience with which ones are better.

I do know, that this little one is already SET on blankets. My mom loves making blankets and she has already made him a ton. I know i'll have a huge amount to choose from

July 13th, 2012, 01:30 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
These are my fave: Luna Lullaby Soothing Swaddle Blanket - To the Moon 3 pack:Amazon:Baby

They are also muslin swaddling blankets similar to Aden & Anais. I was shopping in a baby boutique while pregnant with Claire, and the owner of the store told me I HAD to have them. They were pricey, but she was so sweet that I bought them. She was right! They were perfect for swaddling, using as a nursing cover, and they hardly take up any space in my bag. I bought 2 more sets for the twins and can't wait to use them

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

July 13th, 2012, 01:31 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I've heard great things about the aiden and anais ones but I just added a bit of everything to our list. I do like the swaddle blankets that are tailored to the baby; looks like it would make it easier!

July 13th, 2012, 02:05 PM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
I don't usually like heavy blankets, but I'm very much in love with Baby Jak blankets, my boyfriend's mom has gotten me one already and it's adorable. I'm sure bub will love being snuggled in it, cause if she didn't, I'd use it on myself lol.

http://www.babyjak.com/images/rolled...luer-ivory.gif

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
July 13th, 2012, 02:13 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
For cheapy ones, I like the Carter's brand flannel swaddlers because they are fairly large. My absolute favorites are Swaddle Designs flannel blankets and Aden + Anais muslin swaddle blankets. The only thing I ever used the tinier blankets for was to clean up spit up or to catch leaks when nursing, or as a place to lay baby to do a quick diaper change when out and about. We also sometimes laid them over the changing pad cover if we were getting ready to change a blowout.

July 13th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
The aden and anais muslin swaddling blankets are great. I also like the gerber thermal swaddling ones, they're pretty stretchy. The regular cotton ones end up getting used as burp cloths in our house after they grow out of them in the first 2 weeks lol.

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 2/1/15!

July 13th, 2012, 02:54 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I have never used receiving blankets and I personally think they are a waste of money and space.
abur likes this.
July 13th, 2012, 03:13 PM
revolutionarygirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a couple swaddle blankets (the kind that are shaped) and then I have some flannel ones, some muslin (lightweight ones), and then I have one special one for each girl and one heirloom crocheted one. who knows what they will use the most.
July 14th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Super Mommy
I make all my own, since they're so easy to do and then I can make them bigger so they're easier to swaddle with. I found the small ones to be completely useless, you couldn't wrap well with them at all!

All the ones I make are 1m/sq for babies up to 3 months, then 1.3m/sq for older. I make a variety in flannel, fleece (MY FAVOURITE!!! super stretchy and warm for winter babes) and stretch cotton.
July 14th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got a ton of receiving blankets with DS. Mostly cotton. Some are thin, some are thicker. I use them for all sorts of things - covering baby in the car seat, nursing in public, laying baby on the floor, wiping spit up, etc, etc. I plan on getting some Aden & Anais blankets this time around.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search