My U/S results

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By kathleenbean108
  • 1 Post By Shamogue
  • 1 Post By summithorse
  • 1 Post By doremi
  • 1 Post By Beth04

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2012, 02:43 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I got my U/S results back today...

They scanned my liver, gallbladder, pancreas, kidneys, etc.

All of it came back completely normal. Which I am happy to hear... BUT, now I have zero explanation to the excruciating pain I have been having. And there isn't really anything else they can do about it. Next time it happens though I AM going into L&D and getting checked out. I want to at least rule out that it's definitely not contractions...

I've been putting myself on modified bed rest... It's not doctors orders. But the more I'm up and the more walking/bending/lifting I do the more painful that area becomes. It's unbearable. Yesterday I just sat and cried for an hour because there is no solution and the pain is constant. The thought of another 3 months like this is really REALLY depressing. I can't get any relief and it just gets worse and worse with every passing day Ugh.

Sorry for the whining, I know other mama's are going through things much more serious. But I am just in SO much pain and at the end of my rope! I can't wait until this all goes away.

July 23rd, 2012, 02:49 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I'm so sorry Leanna. sometimes just having answers is nice and even though your results are good, I'm sure it's frustrating to not know the source of your pain. I really hope it will get better soon and you won't have to deal with it for another 3 months. I wonder if it could be just from area laying in a spot were he is compressing a nerve?! Did they mention anything like that?

July 23rd, 2012, 02:55 PM
The only thing they mentioned was that my ribs are being bent out of place, and the tissues connecting my ribs to my sternum is highly swollen and inflamed. And that is part of the problem. But they have no explanation for the intense cramps that seem to come and go in that same area...

The less movement I make, the better it feels. I'm also unable to wear a bra, even a super soft one without wires is painful.

July 23rd, 2012, 03:42 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you're ok

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
July 23rd, 2012, 04:51 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh Leanna! that sounds awful! I hope it goes away soon! but I think its probably the smartest thing to put yourself on bedrest! better to be safe the sorry! I will keep you in my T&P's!
July 23rd, 2012, 04:55 PM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been having the same feelings as you. I talked to my doctor about it the other day and she said the same exact thing that the baby is making my ribs bend. I cannot even feel my ribs anymore, they are completely under my breasts and I just got done cleaning the house and had to take my bra off because they hurt so bad from moving around too much. I wanted my doctor to give me a better explanation also, but she did not have one.

July 23rd, 2012, 05:04 PM
Not sure if you have what I have Michelle...

But I just found out by a nurse that I have tietze's syndrome.

It's when your cartilage and bones are inflamed PLUS you have tenderness and LOTS of swelling.

If you don't have the swelling, but still have the inflamed-ness it's called Costochodritis. If you google it you will get lots of info.

July 23rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
I hope your pain is less soon. I am so sorry your dealing with that.
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

July 23rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
kathleenbean108's Avatar Pregnant with baby #3
I'm right there with you! Here's hoping we survive! Lol
AltMommy likes this.

Robert Thomas

Rachel Marie

Drayana Abigail

Gabriel Andrew
July 23rd, 2012, 06:21 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I'm so sorry, Leanna! I know you hate taking medications, but is there anything they said was safe to take to take the edge off the pain? Does icing or heat help at all? If it is bone pain, IMO, that is the WORST pain known to man. I had jaw surgery when I was 16, and they broke my upper and lower jaw. I don't think I've ever been in so much pain from the pain of bones healing. When my brother tore the cartiledge in his ribs playing soccer, they had him use a wrap to get some compression, and that helped with the inflammation. Hang in there, mama! I'm so sorry you're going through this!

July 23rd, 2012, 06:48 PM
Thanks Sarah!

And no, the only thing they suggested was taking tylenol. But even if I did that, I would have to be on a constant stream of it since it hurts all the time. I'm fine with taking it sometimes, but not multiple times a day for the rest of my pregnancy So that's a no-go. I did find someone online with the same condition that says alternating between a heating pad and an ice pack helps a bit.

Other than that, the only thing people with that syndrome can do is take muscle relaxers or pain medication. But neither of those you can take during pregnancy. I guess i'll just stay on the couch and not wear a bra as much as possible. Lol.

July 23rd, 2012, 06:57 PM
ShutterBabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear, but at least you know something. hope you feel better soon, try taking an epsom salt bath? It's not a fix, but it may help some.

July 23rd, 2012, 07:14 PM
Thank you! I am going to ask my doctor about it the next time I see her. That is what I am doing right now, laying on the couch without a bra. That is the only relief I get, nothing else works but to lay down and not have a bra on and wait it out. I am so tired of this pain, I just want it to be over with!

July 23rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellelove0502 View Post
Thank you! I am going to ask my doctor about it the next time I see her. That is what I am doing right now, laying on the couch without a bra. That is the only relief I get, nothing else works but to lay down and not have a bra on and wait it out. I am so tired of this pain, I just want it to be over with!

If you ask about Costochondritis they can test it by poking you in this one very certain spot. But, I warn you it was so painful it brought me to tears!

July 23rd, 2012, 07:18 PM
Wow, well I will ask and see what they say or do. I just want to know why I feel this way. I have been complaining about this for a very long time and everyone on here kept telling me it was gas but I know that it wasnt. I mentioned it to my doctor but she didnt say anything so I am going to press her about it next time I see her.

July 23rd, 2012, 07:41 PM
Super Mommy
Oh that is hard - good news that nothing showed up, but super challenging that you don't have an explanation. I wonder if there would be a special physical therapist who could help relieve the swelling?
Hope you feel better soon!
AltMommy likes this.
July 23rd, 2012, 09:17 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamogue View Post
Oh that is hard - good news that nothing showed up, but super challenging that you don't have an explanation. I wonder if there would be a special physical therapist who could help relieve the swelling?
Hope you feel better soon!
- great suggestion!

I'm sorry for you ladies in so much pain. Also, can chiropractic care, massage, and/or light exercise (pilates, gyrotonics, etc.) alleviate sone of your symptoms?

Feel better soon.
AltMommy likes this.
July 23rd, 2012, 11:19 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Leanna, maybe you could compromise and take the Tylenol during daytime hours only (or even just for a portion of the day so that you had some time where you felt you could function), but not at night?

I agree PT, or even chiropractic care might be worth looking into. I'd also be tempted to look into some of the things you could do diet wise to help with inflammation...
AltMommy likes this.

July 24th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Beth04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs! That sucks I'm so sorry! But you have the right idea, lots of rest and lots of water never hurts! If you feel like you need to go to L&D don't let anyone deter you, you know your body better than anyone!
AltMommy likes this.

thank you gypsystar for my wonderful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search