Bed Resters...

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By samantharae
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 3 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By ShutterBabe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
What do you do all day long? Have you broken the BR rules of doing something you were not to be doing?

I have hobbies but it's impossible to do them in bed/couch or in the house for that mater. I read, play board games, surf the boring net, starting playing Farmville again (Jeez), tv, talk on the phone, bother people by emailing waaaay too much, and that's about it

I broke the rules today and sat outside by the pool but being I have two kids and a deployed husband I do a lot more than I am supposed to do.

July 24th, 2012, 06:53 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
BEDREST SUCKS!!! Sorry, just have to get that out of the way.

I watch TV, read, do a little work (I work from home), and nap. I feel pretty bored a lot of the time, and I'm not sure it is completely avoidable. I was so used to being active all day long; I feel so useless now! I'm starting to look forward to the silliest things, like taking the trash out

I don't break the rules...either DH is home to care for Claire or a friend watches her if DH goes to work, so I have no reason to so far.

Sorry I'm no help...just know you aren't alone in your misery!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

July 24th, 2012, 07:01 PM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
Uhh well I'm kind of on bed rest because of my foot can't wait to get the cast off in two weeks! I feel like I'm confined to the living room since it's some times hard to get around anyways.

I usually have been just working on registry, baby shower, and practicing origami lol. Especially cleaning out old junk to make room for Riah's stuff.

I break the rules a bit when my boyfriend and I go out to eat, and even that's a hassle

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
July 24th, 2012, 07:10 PM
KMH..You did help!!! It is sort of nice to know others have do this as well...you know what I mean?? Not happy anyone is on BD...knowing why we are all on BD is a scary thing, but I'm not alone doing this is what I am saying. Thank goodness the Olympics start this Friday...I am really looking forward to watching, that will pass time.

Gia...Yes, your cast!! That must be difficult and I can't even imagine. Oragami! My daughter has a book, maybe that will be my new hobby

July 24th, 2012, 08:09 PM
ShutterBabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am BEYOND bored... Right now, I spend 88% of my day online. Between my phone and my laptop. I have to play games on my phone because my laptop is a POS and doesn't always work. THank goodness, my new one will be here thursday so I can maybe do some work! Right now I can't read, because with my sinus infection, I have a horrible headache and reading makes it worse. I watch TV a lot.

I DO break the rules, I;ll go jump on my desktop to pull work from my external hard drives to do or to print something out. Sometimes I get my own drinks. BUT, my mother has moved in with us and is here 24/7 so I get yelled at when I do other things besides pee. Like today, when I went to the OB, I took the stairs, instead of the elevator (i HATE elevators, avoid at all costs) She griped at me about that. Between my mom and my MIL, I have it easy caring for my 3 year old. I'm not allowed to do jack.

July 24th, 2012, 08:17 PM
samantharae's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im jealous of you bedrest ladies. what i'd do to be able to do nothing =) working 40 hours a week SUCKS!
jlstebbins and Summerdays12 like this.

brayden michael: 6.27.07 - 5lbs 9oz - 18in
adaleigh jayne: 10.15.12 - 7lbs 6oz - 18in
July 24th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutterBabe View Post
I am BEYOND bored... Right now, I spend 88% of my day online. Between my phone and my laptop. I have to play games on my phone because my laptop is a POS and doesn't always work. THank goodness, my new one will be here thursday so I can maybe do some work! Right now I can't read, because with my sinus infection, I have a horrible headache and reading makes it worse. I watch TV a lot.

I DO break the rules, I;ll go jump on my desktop to pull work from my external hard drives to do or to print something out. Sometimes I get my own drinks. BUT, my mother has moved in with us and is here 24/7 so I get yelled at when I do other things besides pee. Like today, when I went to the OB, I took the stairs, instead of the elevator (i HATE elevators, avoid at all costs) She griped at me about that. Between my mom and my MIL, I have it easy caring for my 3 year old. I'm not allowed to do jack.
Hmmm maybe it's a good thing I don't have anyone here to be on my back all day and tell me what I can't do! I don't know if I could get used to that! If my husband was here he would be pretty strick with me. Thank goodness for your new laptop, that's something to look forward to! And darn that sinus infection boo.

July 24th, 2012, 08:57 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerdays12 View Post
KMH..You did help!!! Thank goodness the Olympics start this Friday...I am really looking forward to watching, that will pass time.
Yes!!!! I love the Olympics anyway, but this year I am counting down the hours! I think the first soccer game is actually tomorrow, and I will probably watch even though I'm not really a soccer fan

You're right...it does help to chat with others who are in the same situation. I try so hard to keep a positive attitude and be thankful for growing babies, but sometimes I just want to scream
jlstebbins likes this.

Melissa & DH

July 24th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Cool, I had no idea soccer starts tomorrow! This means something new and different for me to do tomorrow heehee

July 25th, 2012, 06:37 AM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
I am on bedrest as well and it does suck... I get so bored... I have 3 kids so i have not choice sometime but to break the rules... I did talk to my dr. about it just to keep her aware of where i stand, and she is by no means happy about me not following orders but she is glad i'm upfront with her.... I do go lounge by the pool so the kids are not cooped up in the house all day. I make sure they are ok and i'm laying in the lounge chair so i'm still off my feet and they will spend most of the day in there if i let them... I have also gotten into playing fb games as a way to pass the time. I'm not much of a tv fan, and i am learning to crochet...
July 25th, 2012, 07:34 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by samantharae View Post
im jealous of you bedrest ladies. what i'd do to be able to do nothing =) working 40 hours a week SUCKS!
I used to think that, too, but after about 3 days I changed my mind

Melissa & DH

July 25th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristap4 View Post
I am on bedrest as well and it does suck... I get so bored... I have 3 kids so i have not choice sometime but to break the rules... I did talk to my dr. about it just to keep her aware of where i stand, and she is by no means happy about me not following orders but she is glad i'm upfront with her.... I do go lounge by the pool so the kids are not cooped up in the house all day. I make sure they are ok and i'm laying in the lounge chair so i'm still off my feet and they will spend most of the day in there if i let them... I have also gotten into playing fb games as a way to pass the time. I'm not much of a tv fan, and i am learning to crochet...
I don't think there is anything wrong with going out by the pool...we are laying down on the lounger off our feet. I agree with you. Are you on BR until you deliver??

July 25th, 2012, 06:42 PM
revolutionarygirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not on full bed rest, my doctor said I could sit up and sew as long as every couple hours I took a break and lied down. So I have my sewing machine set up on the coffee table downstairs next to the couch, so I can sew while sitting on the couch, and then I'll lie down and watch some tv, and then sew for a while. I can pee and get myself food, answer the phone and door, etc, without exerting too much.

I need to be more militant about making sure I don't go up the stairs (in our house) but the twice a day (i.e. to come down and to go up for bed)

and I probably should lie down more. I feel fine though... so it's really hard to get used to thinking of myself almost as an invalid when "I feel fine" :\

I don't lift anything heavy and I'm not walking around very much, so I guess it's ok?
July 25th, 2012, 07:40 PM
That's the hard part. It's so difficult to lay down and lounge all day when you feel absolutely fine. I have so much energy and I am really getting ansty. I have an appointment in less than 2 weeks and I am hoping my doctor will let me off the hook here.

July 25th, 2012, 09:43 PM
My tailbone and my hips are starting to hurt, I need to ask my doctor next week if there is anything I can do about that. I would love to have a pool to lounge in, still in my "reclined" position, but that would feel soo good!!! They told me I'm on BR until 36 weeks... I'll be 30 on Monday

July 25th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Also, if anyone wants to snag my "whoo's on bedrest" Feel free! Just host it on your own

July 26th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I just saw your whoo's on Bedrest...I love owls! My tailbone was bad bad bad yesterday. It feels okay now but by the end of the day I'll be sitting on my heating pad again. My last pregnancy I was on strict bedrest in the hospital...now that's misery! I wasn't even allowed to walk to the bathroom. They set up a commode beside the bed and the nurses had to give me sponge baths

July 26th, 2012, 11:53 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Oh Lordy...I don't think I would handle hospital bed rest well! Fortunately my doc doesn't see a reason to make me do that (yet).

My tailbone is okay, but I am definitely sore from laying around and being so inactive. I have joked with DH that if I could just stay in the jacuzzi tub all day I would feel much better
Summerdays12 likes this.

Melissa & DH

July 26th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerdays12 View Post
I just saw your whoo's on Bedrest...I love owls! My tailbone was bad bad bad yesterday. It feels okay now but by the end of the day I'll be sitting on my heating pad again. My last pregnancy I was on strict bedrest in the hospital...now that's misery! I wasn't even allowed to walk to the bathroom. They set up a commode beside the bed and the nurses had to give me sponge baths
I am sooo glad im not in the hospital on bed rest.. BORING!!
Summerdays12 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search