Team Pink: JULY

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree34Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Veteran
Oh I love the hairbows too. The wide stretchy ones with a single flower for little itty bittys are darling ! I like hot pink . Just something about that pale pink with whatever design all over it makes me cringe.

I confess I won't be one stuffing their girl into itchy dresses and tights all the time either . I don't like tulle against my skin so I doubt baby would either . The tulle little ballerina type things ( I think it was GiaTottilla made some) are cute . I'm talking fancy , itchy dresses .
**Jenn** and JaxonsMom2010 like this.
July 25th, 2012, 12:26 PM
starsandstripes's Avatar October 2012 DDC co-host
Ummmm no elli lol . We always knew we'd have a big family regardless of gender . We love kids and wanted lots of them .....boy or girl I can say we are pretty sure Ella is the last though . But only because our oldest daughter is 15 and we think it's kind of weird to keep having kids with her getting so old . I could totally go for more though if it weren't for that. . We are very sad to watch this phase of our lives pass .

I will say when we had all girls, Dh and i wondered if we would ever get a little man... But that definitely was not the reason we kept having them . We joke sometimes and say it is when people ask, but if that were truly the case, we would have stopped at 5
yashobo and CrunchyChristian like this.

July 25th, 2012, 01:10 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
So glad to hear I'm not the only anti-pink Mama We didn't tell anyone we were having a girl last time, partly because we didn't want to be overloaded with pink and lace. It worked like a charm...we got lots of clothes in red, green, brown, and other neutrals. Now that she's older I try to make her look a little more feminine, but she still looks like a boy at least half of the time!

We don't do princesses or divas here, either. Or glitter...I cannot stand glitter! I want my girls to look like classy, respectable young ladies...not mini-Real Housewives of Whatever.

For those of you who are having your first girl...congrats! You will love it! DH wasn't sure what to do with a girl at first, but Claire is quite the Daddy's Girl. She has him wrapped around her little finger and she knows it

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

July 25th, 2012, 02:17 PM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
I really will try to hold off on the pink

But I knew this was going to happen if I had a girl, and well, I love it

Off topic, but has anyone else seen the high heels they make for little girls?! I cannot stand those! I don't mean like the dress up kind, I mean the kind that I wear lol

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
July 25th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Veteran
High heels ? Like hooker shoes? Omg no I haven't lol. That just doesn't seem right. I am loving the " tights" ( don't know what they are called maybe leggings ?) that keep babies legs warm but are softer and thicker and don't have a crotch that you mix and match in funky patterns . I love those
July 25th, 2012, 04:19 PM
LOL well not quite "hookerish" just like these:

I mean they're cute...for me! I can't imagine Riah walking in these, maybe wobbling, I just think they're a bit ridiculous for little girls lol but nevertheless I saw shoes somewhat like these last time I passed by the shoe store at my mall. Sorry, but I just don't get it.

July 25th, 2012, 04:21 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Lol. Too funny. Yeah, heck no I would never put that on my girl! I much say I am pretty relieved so many of you are of the same opinion as me. I think all that "diva" and princess stuff trains them to be spoiled little brads. Melissa said it great; I want my daughter to look like and grow up to be a respectful young lady.

You know what website I love?? Tea Collection! They have girl stuff but it's nice and muted colors. Man I wish I had some money to spend right now; I'd be getting some clothes from there.... SO cute!

July 25th, 2012, 05:08 PM
ShutterBabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wont buy anymore pink clothes, everything needs to be purple from here on out. LoL We got a lot of hand me downs.

July 25th, 2012, 05:20 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I'd have to say absolutely not on those shoes. I also really despise animal print on a baby.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 25th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
that's an awesome reason to have children, Nicole I don't think it would be weird for your 15+ year old to have tiny little siblings^^ There are large families like that out there. The only kind of odd thing would be if your daughter one day gets pregnant while you're pregnant, your baby would be her baby's aunt or uncle looool

Gia, omg I've seen those around - apart from not wanting to give that kind of "lesson" to my daughter, or wrong "image" I should say, it's super unhealthy for a child who is still growing and developing to wear something like that! It's bad enough for grown ups, but when your feet and legs are still developing and growing - jeez that's way worse!!

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
July 25th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Veteran
Lol those are crazy ! I don't wear heels at all , as in ever . I'm already tall and I value my feet too much lol.

Zutano and Gymboree have some cute stuff , and the gap has cute timeless pieces etc . The most girly thing I bought was from Carter's . It's a onesie top, white , with silver letters that says little sister and has a little hot pink bow on it . I'll put it with some grey leggins or something . I thought it would be cute for a picture with her much much older brother
July 25th, 2012, 05:44 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
OMG those shoes are terrible!

Nina, I love Tea Collection, too. Diapers.com has clearance pieces fairly frequently, so keep an eye out!
bryan and nina likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

July 25th, 2012, 05:45 PM
I adore Janie and Jack. It's pricey but I've gotten some incredible deals with their stuff on sale/clearance.
ShutterBabe and momtorileyand like this.

July 25th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Right? Exactly! The thought of even disrupting their development of their little feetsies is just awful and I highly doubt they're comfortable! I'm really trying to process how well a little girl would be even able to walk in those in the first place, surely it would be difficult, and it's just pointless to me

I love Gymboree though!! I think that's the only place my SO didn't complain about when we went shopping lol In fact, I'm in LOVE with their Brand New Baby section, the monkeys are so cute! I added an outfit on my registry (;

Last edited by GiaTortilla; July 25th, 2012 at 05:51 PM.
July 25th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Veteran
Baby girl has a lot of monkey stuff including ones from Gymboree . I love matching socks etc.
Does mini boden make girl clothing too? I know they have cute boy stuff. I'll have to check out the tea collection stuff .

I know MIL means well but I've seen some of the stuff she had picked out for my niece and think to myself " no way" lol. It's pretty easy boy clothes shopping , lots of cute
, non ugly items lol.

Autumns nursery is green on the long wall and has a
Huge monkeys swinging on a vine appliqué , while the other side wall had stripes of a coral, green and a greenish blue. That wall was like that when we bought this house and hadn't gotten around to painting it . Works out well now. I did get the big letters that spell out her name and am having them hand painted . A local lady here does them for 5.00 a letter including the letter price. She is amazingly talented and is excited to do my letters. I picked one letter for each of the following themes - ocean, dragonflies, autism puzzle pieces, one fall/ leaves/ pumpkins/ one with a willow tree with a baby underneatj( her middle name will be willow) and one with monkeys
July 25th, 2012, 06:33 PM
revolutionarygirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't really like things that say stuff like "spoiled brat" or "diva" or have puns, etc...

I'm ok with the pink though. I love it mixed with other stuff though. I love red, yellow and white, too, though.
July 25th, 2012, 06:47 PM
My MIL has some of the worst taste in kids clothes. Thankfully she has for the most part learned what I will put on my kids and I will flat out tell her if I don't like something. Yet she still manages to get them things that are either really ugly, not practical, or the wrong size/season. She loves anything that sparkles and is fancy and I'm more the cotton romper type. At least she's learned that I can't stand animal print, velour material, sequins, etc. I love putting Lila in dresses but not those fancy dresses and my MIL loves to buy that kind of thing. She's been better lately, sticking with cotton jersey or seersucker (I LOVE seersucker).

July 25th, 2012, 06:56 PM
starsandstripes's Avatar October 2012 DDC co-host
One of my clients totally brought those shoes in for her little girl to wear in a photo session!!!!! LOL!!! I think they are actually CRIB Shoes though....they are REALLY soft, so I don't think they are made for them to walk in. They are for looks and giggles only. I think it's one of those things you'd have for laughs, but that they'd never actually wear. lol. Her daughter loved to chew on them...we got lots of chewy shots, but they really didn't even stay on her feet that well. Even for pictures.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Janie and Jack! I just bought a TON of stuff from there on sale. They aren't much more expensive than Gymboree when you get their stuff on sale. (but definitely higher quality!...and Gymboree's quality is pretty good anyway). Of course everything I just bought Ella from there was most definitely pink! haha!

haha Elli!! Yeah...um. See that's what we'd like to avoid. When we start having GRANDchildren....it's time to JUST enjoy them We figured if we stopped after Ella was born, we'd have a good 10 years (hopefully) before our oldest was ready to start having children and by THEN...we'd be so beyond ready to spoil another baby! I just want to stop in time to be able to REALLY enjoy my grand children also We just love children so much......even on the bad days.....they are seriously everything to us. I really think that's my mission in life. Just to have and love children We always get comments like "how do you AFFORD all of those kids" and the answer is....I'm not sure. We just DO, always have....and our kids want for nothing. We budget just like everyone else They are probably a little less spoiled than some, but that's ok too! (particularly my oldest girls). I don't think they are less spoiled because we can't afford to spoil them though...they are less spoiled because there's just some things that my husband and I won't budge on because we don't feel like they need. Like cell phones, Facebook accounts and brand new cars before they even turn 16
**Jenn** and bryan and nina like this.

July 25th, 2012, 08:23 PM
kaylarayne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pink is my favorite color so I am absolutely not sick of it. I love little girls in bright and pastels. I love purple, blue, yellow and green...well of course pink as well! I am all about the traditional "girly" stuff

July 25th, 2012, 09:35 PM
ShutterBabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love Janie and Jack!! My neighbors daughter has the cutest clothes!! Shes 5 now, but has always been just stylin. I need to ask where she finds this stuff!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search