Team Pink: JULY

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree34Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2012, 10:07 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not crazy about pink but love red. I rarely buy pink stuff for dd bcos she gets so many pink stuff as gifts from "well-meaning" people. I also love lilac and lemon green. DD has so many un-worn clothes that I am not really doing any big shopping for baby. I normally do gymboree and crazy eight because they are easily accessible. I hope baby has lots of hair like dd so that we can go crazy with hairbows. A friend taught me how to make them so I can even make to match outfits if I want (not that I think I would want to).

Sisters, friends forever
July 25th, 2012, 11:47 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Okay, just had to thread hijack to say that I am cracking up that you guys have spent THREE PAGES talking about the color pink *creeping back to my Team Blue thread now*
Lav likes this.

July 26th, 2012, 03:37 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Awww Nicole, that post almost brought tears to my eyes!!! The way you described your passion for kids is so heartwarming. I feel the same way but unfortunately DH doesn't. It's ok; as long as we can end up having more than one, but if it were me, I would totally go for a large family! Like 5+ kids. I think it's wonderful and every large family I've seen/ met manages to raise kids that are well balanced and responsible! I'm hoping we will end up with three kids; I'll have to see how DH does after number one. I know finances is a huge issue for him. He says he would rather be able to put money and attention towards one or two children than to divvy it up among several. I don't really think that has to be an issue though. It sounds like you guys have an absolutely wonderful family life and I am a tad bit envious!

July 26th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sarah you actually made me laugh out loud

Nina, my DH would probably go for a large family, he would love lots of kids, two is his minimum lol. But it's, for us, absolutely a financial issue at this point. And of course he is slowly moving towards the big five oh ... so that will become an issue at some point in the future. And I'd hate to see our kids get teased with "your daddy could be your grandpa!" it's already possible!
bryan and nina likes this.

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
July 26th, 2012, 07:45 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to share. This is the dinosaur dress I made for Lila. Not the greatest pics and she's telling me "No Mommy, no picture."

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 26th, 2012, 08:13 AM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jenn, that's cute! (:

July 26th, 2012, 08:54 AM
CrunchyChristian
Quote:
Originally Posted by doremi View Post
Okay, just had to thread hijack to say that I am cracking up that you guys have spent THREE PAGES talking about the color pink *creeping back to my Team Blue thread now*
This made me laugh, too!
July 26th, 2012, 09:15 AM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
Jenn, that dress (and Lila) is super cute I love her name, every time I see it.

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
July 26th, 2012, 10:54 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 26th, 2012, 12:19 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Super cute dress!!!

Elli, I know what you mean! Bryan and I have a 10 year age difference so he is approaching 40 and was already stressing a bit about having his first child so "late"; most of his friends started having kids years ago. lol. I think these days it's getting more and more common for people to have children earlier in their lives so I really understand that concern of not wanting your child to be teased about their parents' age.
Lav likes this.

July 26th, 2012, 03:47 PM
October 2012 DDC co-host
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lav View Post
Sarah you actually made me laugh out loud

Nina, my DH would probably go for a large family, he would love lots of kids, two is his minimum lol. But it's, for us, absolutely a financial issue at this point. And of course he is slowly moving towards the big five oh ... so that will become an issue at some point in the future. And I'd hate to see our kids get teased with "your daddy could be your grandpa!" it's already possible!
Elli, my neighbor has two kids and he started when he was 62. Ok....I take that back. He HAS older kids, but married someone a lot younger and had two more at 62 He's in WONDERFUL shape though! I'm sure they get the grandpa thing all the time....doesn't seem to bother them a bit You'd be really surprised at the financial part too. Unless you have a LOT of kids at one time (like quads, quints or more), you gradually adjust to the financial part You just LEARN to budget! I can honestly say that's how we've done it all these years. Groceries are a HUGE bill for us. Just to give you an idea, we go through FIVE-SEVEN gallons of milk a week! Over the summer, we go through a gallon a day. We make at LEAST 3 trips to the grocery store a week (probably actually more than that) because we really need more than one fridge, but we just have the one for now (and an extra deep freezer in the garage of course). We've done it by paying off all of our bills and trying to pay cash for everything. We have credit if we need it, but we rarely do. We breastfeed, so formula isn't an issue....diapers can get costly, but I hybrid cloth/sposie, so that's not even too bad. We have two cars and one car payment for now, but we are almost done paying off the van (our big van...lol.). When the van is paid for, we'll be purchasing another vehicle so that our daughter can have my husband's current vehicle. We just....manage I guess I don't know. We don't make like a million dollars a year, but have definitely been blessed in that we make enough to care for them....and they want for nothing. Trust me! LOL! They even get two vacations a year....sometimes three! Depending on what my husband can take off

Awww, thank you Nina!!!! I hope hubby changes his mind *wink*

Jenn....that dress is AMAZING! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
bryan and nina and Lav like this.

July 26th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan and nina View Post
Super cute dress!!!

Elli, I know what you mean! Bryan and I have a 10 year age difference so he is approaching 40 and was already stressing a bit about having his first child so "late"; most of his friends started having kids years ago. lol. I think these days it's getting more and more common for people to have children earlier in their lives so I really understand that concern of not wanting your child to be teased about their parents' age.
We're 18 1/2 years apart! DH's (former) best friend became a grandpa some time early this year or at the end of last year, not sure!
I do get a laugh out of people though who think DH is my dad lol. My husband annoys that haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsandstripes View Post
Elli, my neighbor has two kids and he started when he was 62. Ok....I take that back. He HAS older kids, but married someone a lot younger and had two more at 62 He's in WONDERFUL shape though! I'm sure they get the grandpa thing all the time....doesn't seem to bother them a bit You'd be really surprised at the financial part too. Unless you have a LOT of kids at one time (like quads, quints or more), you gradually adjust to the financial part You just LEARN to budget! I can honestly say that's how we've done it all these years. Groceries are a HUGE bill for us. Just to give you an idea, we go through FIVE-SEVEN gallons of milk a week! Over the summer, we go through a gallon a day. We make at LEAST 3 trips to the grocery store a week (probably actually more than that) because we really need more than one fridge, but we just have the one for now (and an extra deep freezer in the garage of course). We've done it by paying off all of our bills and trying to pay cash for everything. We have credit if we need it, but we rarely do. We breastfeed, so formula isn't an issue....diapers can get costly, but I hybrid cloth/sposie, so that's not even too bad. We have two cars and one car payment for now, but we are almost done paying off the van (our big van...lol.). When the van is paid for, we'll be purchasing another vehicle so that our daughter can have my husband's current vehicle. We just....manage I guess I don't know. We don't make like a million dollars a year, but have definitely been blessed in that we make enough to care for them....and they want for nothing. Trust me! LOL! They even get two vacations a year....sometimes three! Depending on what my husband can take off

Awww, thank you Nina!!!! I hope hubby changes his mind *wink*

Jenn....that dress is AMAZING! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really hope my children won't mind either. I only worry because I know what it's like to grow up being teased and not having friends. In fact I got very maltreated by other children, when I was a kid. That's why I worry.

Vacation... gee what's that lol You really are very lucky. We don't spend much for ourselves. 95% goes into monthly expenses that are unavoidable and those pesky credit card payments. Can't wait for all that to be paid off completely. My husband is self-employed so no work=no money. It's depressing. I've never been on vacation with my husband, ever! Last time I was on vacation was when I was still living back in Germany. I haven't even got a honeymoon *sigh*
And I'm self-employed as well but not really actively making any money, and I plan to be a SAHM.

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search