Team Pink: JULY

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree34Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2012, 12:19 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
This is the thread to help you get to know your fellow Team Pink Mama's better!! Chat away, ladies!!

July 25th, 2012, 04:28 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Hello, fellow pink mamas.
So, are you getting tired of all the pink clothes you are getting yet?! I'm trying to encourage people to at least get some purples as well, or even neutral colors like greens. I LOVE sage green and I think that can be really cute on a girl as well.

July 25th, 2012, 04:37 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not in general a huge fan of pink and everyone knew that when I was pregnant last time with Lila. So I did get a good mix of colors. My favorite is blue on a little girl, I always gravitate towards blue. Dh likes purple. Of course Lila's favorite color now is pink and she will always pick pink over anything else. But even the the fall/winter stuff I just got both girls there is very little pink in there. Lila did pick a white with pink coming home outfit for Ailish but I think I'm going to get this little yellow outfit from baby Gap that I just love instead, she's only 2 she won't know. lol

I'm making Ailish her fleece bunting for the winter and that is pink but only because that was the only color in the sale bin at the fabric store. I really wanted to do purple or yellow. I'm making Lila fall jacket and the lining is a yellow fleece and the outside fabric is a gorgeous green with flowers on it. I'll have to take a pic when I'm done. I need to trim Ailish's bunting with some kind of flannel and line the hood with it too so I'm thinking I'll go blue for that to break up all that pink!

Oh and I absolutely LOVE sage green too. I have a little convertible gown that was Lila's that's sage green with little light pink roses on it that's just so lovely. I can't wait to put it on Ailish. My favorite color is green!
bryan and nina likes this.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

Last edited by **Jenn**; July 25th, 2012 at 04:39 AM.
July 25th, 2012, 07:46 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Nina I love little girls in RED! I can't wait til Ruby is old enough to own a pair of red mary jane shoes and stripy tights. So excited to have a girl.

We bought her crib last night from CL. We got a white Jenny Lind crib. It's so pretty!

July 25th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so tired of pink. Everything with my dd is pink, and now that she's five she doesn't want to wear anything that's not pink! My house is on pink overload. I painted Meghan's nursery a spa blue/greenish. I just couldn't handle any more pink.

July 25th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sick of pink yet ... I'm really liking certain "girly" things for her! But I agree with Kristen, I am finding lots of cute red clothes too. And my mom is obsessed with strawberries, so she buys anything with that design!

July 25th, 2012, 09:31 AM
mandattu_02's Avatar Mom to 2 beautiful babies
I thought I would love pink, but I'm getting tired of it quickly! I just want to find some clothes with blue or purple or green or.....something other than all pink!! My sister sent me a box the other day full of little girl clothes with no pink at all and I could have hugged her to death! I was so excited! Now baby girls closet has a ton of pink with some green, brown and blue, too! YAY!

I am super excited about getting to fix hair and use bows though! I have a box full of flower & bow headbands. My husband just keeps shaking his head and laughing at me.

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!**

July 25th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
our bedding set will have a purple based theme

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
July 25th, 2012, 09:42 AM
October 2012 DDC co-host
I'm definitely not sick of pink! I love love love it! I like all bright colors on girls though, so her closet is full of red strawberry stuff for next spring, lots of aquas and lime greens. Her Halloween dress is purple and white polka dotted with smocked orange pumpkins.....she does have a lot of pink though After 4 boys, I'm welcoming the pink again! haha

July 25th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nicole, did you have your four girls first and then your four boys?

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
July 25th, 2012, 09:58 AM
October 2012 DDC co-host
YES! Isn't that funny? Our girls are 15, 13, 12, 10 and our boys are 7, 4, almost 3, 18m......and then this one is a girl The good thing is, I have a lot of little mamas to help out and they are all SO excited to have another little girl after 4 boys too. I'm kind of worried about Ella though because all of her sisters will be 10+ years older than her. Hubby says she's going to be the biggest tomboy of all time...probably so. One thing is for sure...I don't think we will have to worry about boyfriends for miss Ella
kaylarayne and abur like this.

July 25th, 2012, 10:07 AM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
Everything I see is pink!! hehe!! I am trying to put some purple, red, oragne, yellow in her life!! My bedding is brown and pink but mostly brown!!!
July 25th, 2012, 10:14 AM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
Lol Nicole, yes four brothers I would assume would be very protective brothers

I moved on from my pink phase a while ago, and I was trying to add more neutral colors into Riah's clothing, but at this point, I'm back to loving pink :O it's just how it is I guess, most of the cute shirts with cute sayings are pink so I gotta bite the bullet and just go with it haha. But I'm hoping for her shower there will be more of a variety of colors, I'm a blue person to be honest. Strangely Caden prefers purple for her. So I'm going to change up the color scheme for the nursery Don't want it to look like our room got flooded Pepto Bismo

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
July 25th, 2012, 10:25 AM
kathleenbean108's Avatar Pregnant with baby #3
This one will be sharing a room with her sister, which is already pink OVERLOAD. She is currently into the neon and zebra themes, so its all over the place lol

Robert Thomas

Rachel Marie

Drayana Abigail

Gabriel Andrew
July 25th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Veteran
I wish my dislike just stopped at pink overload. I've found some cute things for autumn with browns, greens, etc . I also dislike Barbies and the whole baby doll things too. This is one reason we have kept the gender and name a secret. So much of that girl stuff is ugly. I know some like it , it just isn't us lol. I also dislike all the diva, daddy's little princess stuff too.
Not saying I will dress her like a boy but there is some cute girl stuff that isn't nuts. I bought her a Gymboree dress with a goldfish on it that has a blue and orange ribbon at the edge. It is white, the matching socks are that blue with goldfish, diaper cover is white , and sweater is white with 3 embroidered goldfish on it . Cute , girly and not pink!
July 25th, 2012, 10:46 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtorileyand View Post
I wish my dislike just stopped at pink overload. I've found some cute things for autumn with browns, greens, etc . I also dislike Barbies and the whole baby doll things too. This is one reason we have kept the gender and name a secret. So much of that girl stuff is ugly. I know some like it , it just isn't us lol. I also dislike all the diva, daddy's little princess stuff too.
Not saying I will dress her like a boy but there is some cute girl stuff that isn't nuts. I bought her a Gymboree dress with a goldfish on it that has a blue and orange ribbon at the edge. It is white, the matching socks are that blue with goldfish, diaper cover is white , and sweater is white with 3 embroidered goldfish on it . Cute , girly and not pink!
Can I just ditto all of this?!

I like girly stuff but not too big of the commercial stuff - like princesses, divas, and such. My little girl has some pink stuff but it isn't crazy.

Now I will confess - I LOVE me some hairbows!!!

July 25th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
wow Nicole, that's crazy. Tell me you don't have so many kids cuz you were waiting for that one boy to come around, and then just kept going anyway lol
abur likes this.

July 25th, 2012, 11:40 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
I did pretty well with getting Gracie lots of colors so this baby will have lots of cute clothes that barely look used in all colors A lot of the little baby things are pink, but I don't mind that too much. I'm a big fan of all bright colors.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
July 25th, 2012, 11:45 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't like the Diva and Princess stuff either. I really don't like clothes that say things. Lila just loves pink and the disney princesses, My Little Pony, and babies and all that. But she also loves dinosaurs and bugs and trains and playing in the dirt. So I'm hoping Ailish is well rounded like her. Its funny because the boys won't even pick up a dead bug with a tissue to throw away but she will pick up live bugs/spiders/etc outside and put them on me. I made her a dinosaur dress too which she just loves--its a white background with blue, orange, and green dinosaurs and red bones on it.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 25th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
We're also on pink overload already here. My son is 6, when we found out DD (almost a year old) was a girl, we went pink/purple crazy. I feel like my whole house is pink sometimes! So greatful to be having another girl so we can reuse all of this pink. Had we been pregnant with a boy this time, he would have been rocking a TON of pink LOL.

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/30/15! It's A Girl!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search