My appointment today

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By michellelove0502

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2012, 05:58 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
I had my 30 week appointment today. I start going every 2 weeks now. Found out that I passed my glucose test, it was below 120 and he said the cut off is around 140. I am not anemic either, but I've been taking iron all along, so I didn't expect to be. I've gained around 10 pounds so far, approx. but I have been gaining more recently, started off not gaining in the beginning. Heartbeat was around 135 today. I asked lots of questions covering all the things that have been going on, like the backaches, the hip pain, the sharp pains in my side yesterday and he pretty much just said that stuff is all pretty normal and I'll just notice it more the more kids I have. Probably not having more after this one though.

I have an ultrasound to check my placenta in 2 weeks, followed by a regular appointment. He said they'll get the growth measurements from the ultrasound so he'll just talk to me that day and not measure my belly or anything. He said almost all the time the placenta issue works itself out, but if he didn't check it that would be the time it was a problem.

So, it was a good appointment and I got in and out pretty fast. I also got my phone to connect to the wifi at the OB office, so when I'm waiting next time I won't be so bored I also asked about going to the hospital to pre-register and he said I can do that anytime I want to. With my last pregnancy I went through all that before I could get checked one day when Eli wasn't moving much. I will just pick some nice afternoon to do that, since it is supposed to cool down some after today which was still well over 100 degrees.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), baby boy (coming soon)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
July 25th, 2012, 06:00 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Glad you had a good appt!! And YAY for passing the GD test!

July 25th, 2012, 09:40 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your test and on having a good appt. I need to register at the hospital too once I get back to the US.

Sisters, friends forever
July 25th, 2012, 10:05 PM
ShutterBabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yippee for passing the GD!!

July 26th, 2012, 12:15 AM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is great you passed the test, I hope I pass as well. Also great that you had a good appointment. My appointments haven't consisted of much of anything, pretty much waiting around for a long time in the waiting room to be seen to go into the office and have an appointment that last less than 5 minutes. Hopefully they become more interesting as time goes by.
abur likes this.

July 26th, 2012, 10:19 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
My appointments are usually pretty short too. I had several questions yesterday and my doctor is happy to answer questions, but if I don't ask, he doesn't say much. Last time I had much longer waits, and we took Gracie, now with 2 kids I've been going alone so we don't have to entertain them both, and I have typically gotten in much faster. It's kinda funny!

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), baby boy (coming soon)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
July 26th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yay for a good appointment!!! and YAY for no GD!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search