Thursday Threes

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GiaTortilla
  • 1 Post By kathleenbean108

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2012, 11:16 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
1. Tell us a little bit about your best friend!

2. Do you have any major fears?

3. Give us a list of some of the "pet names" you expect to use with this LO!

July 25th, 2012, 11:27 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Tell us a little bit about your best friend! I honestly don't have one. It'd be great if when i was feeling down or wanted to do something to get out of the house I could just call up that one person. But unfortunately, I'm super isolated. The only person I talk to nowadays is my mom, besides you ladies.

2. Do you have any major fears? I have a huge fear of not being a good mother, and not making it through school or being able to provide for him (financially)

I have no idea! lol. I'm sure they will come once he's born. But i'm the type that fels kinda weird talking to my belly or anything like that. So i can't think of any yet

July 25th, 2012, 11:30 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
1. Tell us a little bit about your best friend! My best friend (aside from DH of course) is also named Sarah, and also has curly hair, and also is a singer! We met in grad school, and it was one of those "once in a lifetime" instant connections. She has a wicked sense of humor, is extremely smart, and our husbands even say it's spooky how similar some of our mannerisms are! She lives in Atlanta, GA and has three children. Her husband is the director and lead singer of the Glenn Miller Orchestra, and is a wonderful man! Not too bad lookin' either Sarah and I haven't seen each other in five years, and she is coming to Seattle October 14th!! I can't wait to see her, and she *may* be here when Jamison is born, just depends! Nick is performing here on the 14th, so she is flying out for the concert. He is on the road 50 weeks out of the year, and this particular gig was the perfect excuse for her to meet up with him on the road!

2. Do you have any major fears? I have a huge fear of drowning due to a near drowning experience while scuba diving. Other than that, no huge fears.

3. Give us a list of some of the "pet names" you expect to use with this LO! These are some of the ones I use with Josiah that I expect will transfer over! Bugaboo, honeybun, My Sweet Baboo, Mister, Pumpkin, Sweetheart, Dancey Pants (when he is being wild and crazy!)

July 25th, 2012, 11:34 PM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. My best friend is my twin sister. She is my other half and she has helped me and been with me through everything. I really do not think we could be any closer.

2. I honestly am not afraid of anything. I believe everything happens for a reason and I always take my life one day at a time.

3. I will probably just call him Jayden Bear and I'm sure come up with other nicknames as he grows.

July 25th, 2012, 11:49 PM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
1. Tell us a little bit about your best friend! He's a bit messy and cheesy, but he's my other half. The one I go to for pretty everything and the only person I trust besides my mom. He's really funny and a bit sarcastic, but considerate of others. A male version of myself basically. The father of my daughter

2. Do you have any major fears? : Well it's redundant now, but a huge fear was breaking a bone, and well that ship has sailed. I still have a huge fear of sharp objects, like cutting myself with a knife, it's kind of strange.

3. Give us a list of some of the "pet names" you expect to use with this LO?
Mine : bumpkin, boo bear, bubby, sunshine. Caden's : Jellybean, poptart, nutter-butter, Chiclet, Jujube, Tiny Tim, Small Mac.
j.ftm likes this.

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
July 26th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Super Mommy
That would be my husband . He has a wonderful sense of humour, works very hard and is exceedingly good at what he does, but also has a good sense of balance in our family and relationship. He puts equal importance on leisure and work which is a big deal to me, growing up with a dad who was a workaholic. He's a great father and is quite easy going. I love that he allows (and often helps! haha) our son take reasonable risks during play and learning, and they have bonded so much through their favourite activities.

Spiders, although i'm getting better with them. I used to panic if they were anywhere in my house... now I can deal with it for the most part, but I still don't want to be anywhere near them. I had one on my face (a big one, too! A Brown Recluse, very poisinous!) in the middle of the night a few weeks ago... my skin still crawls at the thought of it.
Because my husband works away, I am worried about something happening to me when he's gone and my son being all alone in the house. We live in a rural area, so it's not like he could even just run out the front door to a neighbour's house. I have severe food allergies and asthma, and there's always the chance something could happen while I'm out playing with or taking care of my horses... and the thought terrifies me. I've put a 911 sticker on the main phone and talked to my son about what to do in an emergency, but for a 4.5 year old the idea is so abstract. I also live in fear of choking on something, not being able to give myself the heimlich, and dying with my son here. All these things I don't even consider when my husband is home!

3. Give us a list of some of the "pet names" you expect to use with this LO?
I don't know... pet names have to be an organic process, it's not something I could plan... it seems too contrived!
July 26th, 2012, 09:55 AM
kathleenbean108's Avatar Pregnant with baby #3
My best friend is my sister. We live 3000 miles apart, and have been apart since I joined the Marine Corps in 2002. When I was stationed in Maryland and going through my divorce, I would drive home to NYC every weekend after work. She was and still is my only support system. She moved out here last summer for a few months while she was having a rough time. I am glad we are always there for eachother.

2. Do you have any major fears? Getting out of the Marine Corps and not being able to utilize my degree. I worry that we will struggle financially.

She has already acquired the pet name "our crack baby", not to be rude or poke jokes at unfortunate babies born to drug addicts, but she is ALWAYS on the move. I do not know where she gets the energy to be moving 20 out of 24 hours in a day. lol Other than that she will get the nickname Belle. If someone calls her Anna I will have no choice but to stop them in their tracks. I hate that name.
AltMommy likes this.

Robert Thomas

Rachel Marie

Drayana Abigail

Gabriel Andrew
July 26th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Tell us a little bit about your best friend! my hubby is really my best friend! I HATE being away from him any amount of time... hes loving, smart, caring, selfless, and generous. hes also the BIGGEST penny pincer EVER!!! lol so some times that DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! lol but I have always said that he saved me... before I met him I was a mess of a person... I was starting to get better but he helped me really get to where I am now! he makes me want to be a better person.

2. Do you have any major fears? claustrophobic... and Im worried Im not going to be a good mom...

3. Give us a list of some of the "pet names" you expect to use with this LO! hmmmm lets see... Little man, pumpkin, mister, mr. magoo... and Im sure we will come up with other nick names as he grows into them!
July 26th, 2012, 10:31 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
1. Tell us a little bit about your best friend! My husband is my best friend too. In a lot of ways we're a lot alike, but he's also different from me in some major ways. He's been great to help me to become the person I am now, and in a way I've kinda saved him from his past as well. We were definitely brought together for a reason.

2. Do you have any major fears? I'm irrationally afraid of bugs... flying ones freak me out, and I hate spiders and all that stuff. I deal with them when I can, but if my husband's here, I'll be yelling for him to get it!!!

3. Give us a list of some of the "pet names" you expect to use with this LO! I'm not really sure yet.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
July 26th, 2012, 10:46 AM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
1. Tell us a little bit about your best friend! The only 2 people I trust most in the world is my DH and MIL. Hubby knows every single thing about me past present and he probably has a good clue of future and he never judges me. We do everything together and never get tired of one another. He is quick to stand up for me and lets me rant and rave when I need to over nothing but will put me in my place very fast if I go overboard.

2. Do you have any major fears? I am always afraid of dying. I don't want to leave things undone. I think that has to do with my OCD.

3. Give us a list of some of the "pet names" you expect to use with this LO! He is and will forever be Globby. I am sure a few other nicknames will pop up as he grows.

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
July 26th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
1. Tell us a little bit about your best friend! My BF is of course my hubby! But, my best girlfriend is older, late 50's. She funny, quirky, fun, listens, adventurous, and very motherly. I like that aspect because I don't have a very good relationship with my own mother. I am very close with my BF. We met at work 10 years ago. She was the aide in my classroom and we went through a lot together. She made work bearable!

2. Do you have any major fears? I fear for when it's time for my teenagers to drive! I will be a nervous wreck. My daughter starts her behind the wheel training in 2 weeks. I fear a horrible car accident. And I'm afraid she will text and drive. My son will start all his training in about 7 months...double the fear.

3. Give us a list of some of the "pet names" you expect to use with this LO! He already has a few. Sprout, Baby Bear, and BB (short for Babay Bear).

July 26th, 2012, 11:43 AM
praying for our rainbow
1. Tell us a little bit about your best friend! What can I say besides she is the best. I knew her husband for a few years before they got married and then we had children 2 months apart in 2003 and bonded over that. She lives 40mins away and its hard to get together now with kids and such but when we do get together it's like we've never been apart. I just love her to pieces.

2. Do you have any major fears? BUGS and something happening to my children.

3. Give us a list of some of the "pet names" you expect to use with this LO! I call him my little monkey He likes to hang from mommy's ribs lol

July 26th, 2012, 02:39 PM
ellinj0206's Avatar Mom to Alexandra Jane
Send a message via Skype™ to ellinj0206
My DH is probably my best friend. Believe me, I have plenty of female friends, one of whom I would say is also a best friend. I guess with the DH he's such an important part of my life and soulmate. We've been through thick and thin. He stood by me during my darkest time in life (when I found out I have MS---it was devistating!) and I did the same when he found out he had diabetes (he was really depressed over it---a more balanced diet/nutrition has all but cured it). He is someone I can laugh or cry with (I do a lot more laughing) and never feel judged---I've even told him about peeing in my pants (thank you baby on my bladder) and being so constipated I had to check the toilet to make sure I didn't give birth after a huge BM and didn't feel funny doing so (ok, my description for him was funny). It's nice being married to your best friend.

Death is a big fear I have. I actually feel really immature saying that. I remember when I found out I had MS I thought it meant I was dying. It blew my mind and took several days for me to wrap my head around it. After researching I realized that my fear was pretty far from the truth! Another fear I have for the baby is that I pass along something like MS to it. I have been VERY lucky that mine is controlled, but I'd hate to be responsible for something like that to someone so innocent whom I love so much.

Poopy pants, love, lovebug, pumpkin

July 26th, 2012, 05:09 PM
CassCramer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CassCramer Send a message via Yahoo to CassCramer Send a message via Skype™ to CassCramer

Well, my best friend died almost 3 months ago but I'll try to keep this as light as possible. We were friends for 7 years, really good friends. Did almost everything together. She was the only person who could bring me out of it quickly when I was down. My son called her and her fiance Auntie & Uncle. Her daughter was like a niece to me. Just really great people.

In general: everytime life seems to be good, something happens - so just worry a lot
Baby-related: having 2 young boys as a single mom, kinda scary.

Honestly, I have no idea. With Xander it was/is munchkin, baby cakes, and when he was little "turkey butt" (that's from his dad, it wore off quickly after I moved away from him)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search