Coming home outfit size

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think this was discussed awhile ago ... but I forgot!

I think I found an outfit that I'd like to use as her "coming home" outfit, but I'm not sure what size ... NB or 3 months? It's from Carter's so NB says 5-8 pounds and 3 month says 8-12 pounds. I was 8lb 4oz when I was born and DH was a twin who came early, so he was only about 5 pounds.

Suggestions??

July 26th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
We just posted similar topics lol! I got 3 months because both my kids were hefty babies! Plus I like my babies to have a little room to grow in their clothes...nice and cozy!
LoverlyJules likes this.

July 26th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Peytonsmomma
i am bringing a 0-3 month outfit a few of them actually and one newborn just in case
July 26th, 2012, 04:32 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
With Claire I brought a preemie size and a NB size because I didn't know what to get (DH and I are both string beans, so I was pretty sure I wasn't going to have a huge baby). Claire wore a preemie sleeper home...she was 6lbs4oz at birth.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

July 26th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My dd was 8 lbs 9 oz, my mom had to go exchange the NB onesies I bought. I didn't buy any NBs this time.

July 26th, 2012, 05:05 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Josiah was 7lbs 5oz and was in newborn clothes for almost 6 weeks... I actually had to send DH to the store to buy more NB clothes! I bought newborn size for Jamison, but the footless kind, so that if he happens to be big, he will still be able to wear it. It is the footed ones that they can't wear once they get a little snug!
Mrs.Paradise and LoverlyJules like this.

July 26th, 2012, 05:08 PM
CrunchyChristian
I'm getting just one NB outfit- the coming home outfit and that's it. I figured the rest of her clothes can be a little big (especially because we're using cloth diapers).

My last child was a little over 8 pounds and his going home outfit was a NB and it fit him just fine. He only used it a couple of times in that first week, but I didin't care. We got this LO a NB from Carter's. It looks pretty small, but I think even if we only use it just to come home from the hospital that's okay (my DD picked it out for her sister).
July 26th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With DS I used a 0-3 month size for his coming home outfit, because I couldn't imagine him being small enough for the NB size. I was so wrong! He was 6 lbs, 7 oz and the 0-3 month size was gigantic on him.
July 26th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Guess I'll just have to get one in each size! Problem solved!

July 26th, 2012, 06:19 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My kids were 7lbs 5oz, 8lbs 5oz, and 8lbs 14oz and they all came home wearing newborn size outfits. My first wore newborn for 2 months, my second for 1 month, and my third for 3 weeks.
Mrs.Paradise and LoverlyJules like this.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 26th, 2012, 06:36 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was only planning on taking newborn outfits. I really don't think I would have a baby that wouldn't fit into newborn size.

But I suppose just in case I could bring some 0-3 month stuff. But I have lots of cute newborn stuff for him to wear! So if he doesn't get at least a few weeks to a month's use out of them I'll be bummed lol

July 26th, 2012, 07:14 PM
1InSummerland's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Considering tiny babies run in my family, so I'm taking a premie outfit and a newborn outfit. I might pack a 0-3 just in case but I really don't see him weighing more than 7 lbs.

Thank you, Bokkechick, for my beautiful siggy.
Group Leader for Face2 Face Fort Lee and Richmond Area.
Check out my blog! :-) and my blog for Jude.

July 26th, 2012, 07:18 PM
ShutterBabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we took a few outfits with #1. I don't remember which he came home in, but he was under 7 pounds

July 26th, 2012, 07:26 PM
marinewife01's Avatar Super Mommy
I will probably get Preemie or NB. My son was 8p4oz and was still swimming in a NB size outfit.

Kaela-11 Ben-6 Avrey-8 months

July 26th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I put a preemie sleeper on Rebecca, and it was big on her. She was 6lbs 15oz. She wore preemie clothing for almost 2 months before making it to newborn clothing. The child was (and is) tiny.

Elias wore a newborn sleeper. He was over 9lbs and fit the newborn stuff for around 3-4 weeks.

I would probably go with a newborn or 0-3 month outfit.... I just had a feeling with Rebecca that I needed something a whole lot smaller, and was I ever right, lol.
July 26th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I would just stick with nb... are you guys close to the hospital? because if you are then you can just have someone either your hubby or grandma go get a different size if you need it...
LoverlyJules likes this.
July 27th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
we bought some newborn but I have newborn and 3 months sizes (and bigger ones too) on my baby registry. so we'll see what I get at our shower in Sept

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
July 27th, 2012, 06:14 AM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
I bring both a NB and a 0-3 months. My DD wore her NB clothes in the hospital only (we are there for 4 days due to the c-section) and she was 9lbs. They lose weight the first few days she got down to 8lbs and 7oz. By day 5 she was back to 9lbs though. She wore the NB clothes tell we got home then I had to change to 0-3 months.
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

July 27th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Paradise View Post
I think I would just stick with nb... are you guys close to the hospital? because if you are then you can just have someone either your hubby or grandma go get a different size if you need it...
We are only like 10 mins from the hospital ...

July 27th, 2012, 08:17 AM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
My oldest was 6lbs and wore preemie, which we had none of. Newborn was huge on him. DS2 wore newborn,which was also big of him for like a week,he was 6lbs 12oz. I will be getting newborn size for this LO. I've been itching to buy it,but am waiting for more of the Fall clothes to come out. I will be buying boys and girls since we are team green.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search