Hospital Stay

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
For those delivering in the hospital, how long is your stay? With my son I stayed two days, but I can leave before then if everybody looks healthy and I want to, right? I'm not sure how this works...
July 26th, 2012, 06:25 PM
GracieNAmelia'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to GracieNAmelia'sMommy
My stay will be at least 3 days. I am having a C Sec

July 26th, 2012, 06:31 PM
CrunchyChristian
With my last two I only stayed 24 hours. I want to leave as soon as possible with this one, since it's my 5th.
July 26th, 2012, 06:35 PM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
I think mine is two days as well, maybe three. But two days if things look good. I hope I'd be able to go home sooner.

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
July 26th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
3 days for me (c-section). I was told if baby and me are doing well on day two we will be able to go home.

July 26th, 2012, 06:38 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My hospital *seems* to be pretty progressive about a lot of things. (Hopefully they really are) I am hoping not have to stay longer than a day after he is born. As long as were healthy I see no need to stay.

July 26th, 2012, 06:56 PM
delaney24's Avatar Super Mommy
For my hospital the stay is 2 days; I'm sure I could leave earlier if I really wanted to, but I actually think that will be a good length of stay...I don't want to be kicked out to do everything on my own *too* soon haha. I guess a lot of it will be down to what the nurses are like.
Braysmomma03 likes this.
July 26th, 2012, 06:57 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I had my first in a hospital I had to stay 2 days, it sucked. My second and third were born in a free standing birth center where you only stayed between 4 and 12 hours after baby is born, that was wonderful.

I just asked my OB about this on Monday and she said as long as the pediatrician says the baby is fine after 24 hours she will release me as well. I can definitely stay the 2 days if I want but as long as baby is fine we'll be leaving after 24 hours. Its going to be hard enough for me to stay the whole day. I like to be home as soon as I can.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 26th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Gosh, I think I stayed 5 or 6 days last time with my c-section.

July 26th, 2012, 07:09 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I stayed 5 days with Claire (c-section and an xtra day because of her jaundice). My current hospital requires a 24-hr stay for a vaginal birth and 72-hrs for a c/s.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

July 26th, 2012, 07:25 PM
CassCramer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CassCramer Send a message via Yahoo to CassCramer Send a message via Skype™ to CassCramer
Less than 24 hours. I gave birth to my first at 2:30pm and left at noon the next day. But this hospital is super nice like a hotel lol so if I need to stay longer I really do not mind!

July 26th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have stayed 4 nights each time and I always LOVE my stay! It is a mini vacation for me. My mom will watch the girls and they are in good care!!
ShutterBabe and Peytonsmomma like this.

July 26th, 2012, 07:30 PM
praying for our rainbow
With my son I stayed 2 days. It was great and I am really looking forward to those 2 days away!

July 26th, 2012, 07:43 PM
ShutterBabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was also there 4 days. I could have gone home at 3, but the boy needed an extra day for jaundice. so they let me stay too

July 26th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyand3
My hospital is 24 hours and you can go home. With my kids tho...those 24 hours always ended up in the entire weekend. I'm hoping to go home after 24 hours since this is my 4th.
July 26th, 2012, 07:57 PM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
With my c-section I will probably be in 3-4 days. I am going to push to get up faster and walk around so I can get out as quick as possible as long as everything goes well.

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
July 26th, 2012, 08:39 PM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I stayed 3 days because of some bleeding issues i had
July 26th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Super Mommy
With #1, we stayed about 24 hours after the birth.

With this one I'd like to leave as soon as possible after the birth. If it's afternoon/night we'll stay the night and go home the following morning, but I really don't want to hang around. It was SO boring with my first and they really dragged their feeting discharging us. I'll be discussing with my doctor that I don't intend to stick around for long, so they will need to do all tests in a reasonable time frame.
July 26th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Peytonsmomma
i stayed 2 days and i loved it! im not sure how my SO will handle it this time bc hes not to fond of hospitals, i have a feeling he will be born during the day as that is his most active time and he doesnt kick at night with my daughter she never moved during the day only at night and was born at night and we were discharged two days later but im delivering in a different hospital this time
July 26th, 2012, 09:55 PM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really hope I only have to stay 2 days at the most. This is something I'm going to have to remember to ask my doctor.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search