Another cloth diaper question...help please!

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LucilleTwo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Pageturner
So, we have decided to do one-size pocket diapers. the ones we are getting fit 5-35 lbs, but we are worried that as an infant, for the first couple weeks, he will still be too tiny for the pocket diaper. What did you all do? did you use disposables for the first couple weeks? cheapo prefolds and covers? newborn sized AIOs or pockets? or did you just go right into the one-size diaper?
July 26th, 2012, 08:24 PM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
Prefolds were my go to diapers when DD was a newborn. We also had some fitteds that we really liked. Thirsties Fab Fitteds were my favourite. A lot of people say that one size pockets don't fit until at least 8 lbs but we were using them before that. I do think that prefolds are the way to go though for newborns. I just did a trifold, laid it inside the cover, and done.

July 26th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Pageturner
my problem is spending money on prefolds and covers that i'm only gonna use for a couple weeks :-( I really don't want to use disposables though.
July 26th, 2012, 08:34 PM
I used our prefolds until she was at least a year and a half. They are in just as good of condition as when I bought them. They were a good "around the house" diaper. I am probably going to have to replace a lot of the elastic in my pockets before I can use them again and the aplix on my BG's is pretty much shot. You may have a baby who fits in the pockets perfectly from day one though

My prefolds never let me down!

July 26th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Pageturner
i'm so tempted to just do prefolds and covers, it's just that we are so busy that i wanted something more convenient. Do you think pockets are much more convenient than prefolds?
July 26th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Honestly, I don't think there's that much of a difference. You either have to fold the prefold or stuff the pocket so really it's the same to me. There are a few different folds for prefolds which I like because then you can play around with them and find one that you like. It's like you can tailor your fold for what you need. Boy, girl, poopy diaper I do love my pockets though.

This probably doesn't help you but I find them both convenient!
Pageturner likes this.

July 26th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Pageturner
I just talked with my husband...the only way we were affording the pockets was to do a diaper party with his friends...and he really doesn't feel up to it. So now it's a non issue...prefolds and covers is all we can afford :-)
July 27th, 2012, 11:19 AM
ShutterBabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We just used the one size dipes the entire time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search