Best body of all pregnancies

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By GracieNAmelia'sMommy
  • 5 Post By GracieNAmelia'sMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2012, 10:27 AM
GracieNAmelia'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to GracieNAmelia'sMommy
I didn't quite know what to name this thread LOL

Out of all my pregnancies, this is my favorite of my body shape. I have LOST weight and DH and everyone else says', "You don't look pregnant till you turn to the side. " DH said I look skinnier from the back. WOOO HOOO! I am hoping this will make for easy weight loss after he is born. With Gracie I gained almost 40lbs and looked HUGE and with Mimi I gained only about 17. Anyone else having the same thing???

Last edited by GracieNAmelia'sMommy; July 27th, 2012 at 10:30 AM.
July 27th, 2012, 10:33 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I gained 44lbs with my first (and he was 3 weeks early) so I felt extra huge with him even though my belly is the same size now as it was when I had him. With my second I only gained 14lbs and my third I gained 13lbs. Right now I'm at a 9lb gain. I have lost weight from other parts of my body, my belly is just gigantic. With the bigger belly comes more discomfort. So even though I don't have the weight like I did the first time I feel worse. Pregnancy in general is not my friend, when I don't feel good I feel like I can't look good, kwim?

As far as body image though, I probably looked the best during pregnancy with my second.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 27th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Yes, with my first I gained 60 pounds! My second only 28 but I would have kept gaining if he were not born early. This time I really truly am mostly all belly and I hope getting back in shape after will be easy..keeping my fingers crossed. so yes, this pregnancy I feel my body is the best out of all of them..knock on wood.

July 27th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I say after we all have out Oct Babes, we start a shedding the baby weight thread. LOL

July 27th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think we should too!!!

for me I feel HUGE some days, and other days not so much...
July 27th, 2012, 11:02 AM
ShutterBabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got larger faster with this one, but I've leveled out. Last apt, I'd actually lost weight (no idea how, I'm eating all the time)

July 27th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Super Mommy
I am really happy with this pregnancy too! I am in better shape than I was when I got pregnant, so I'm thrilled! I lost weight to begin with, and I STILL get comments on how great I look even though I've got a big belly sticking out the front. My mom was mentioning the other day that I look leaner from the back, that my hips and waist have actually slimmed out lately! Really surprising since I feel i've grown so much!

I was in better shape with my first pregnancy, mainly because I started out at my ideal body weight and fat composition. But I feel I am in a much better place, emotionally, to deal with the post-partum diet and nutrition plans this time around. It wasn't on my radar as much with the first and I paid the price by not making it a priority and following through long term.

Loving this pregnancy.
July 27th, 2012, 11:53 AM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH also says that I look normal from behind....but goodness, when I turn to the side I had a lot of coworkers telling me about how they gained 50 lbs and 80 lbs with their pregnancies....I can't even imagine! I feel like that would require eating Mickey D's every day or something....I don't exercise THAT much and I certainly eat crap sometimes but I'm on track as far as my weight gain.
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

July 27th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Super Mommy
I think I gained about 35 with my first, and that was too much for me! I can't imagine gaining 80lbs. One of my family friends gained 100lbs with each of her pregnancies, and none were multiples!
July 27th, 2012, 12:18 PM
OMG! 100??? This baby makes me eat WAY less than I used to. I can never finish anything and I CAN'T eat greasy food. So for the most part, its a pretty healthy selection. My weakness though is Bean burritos with sour cream and extra onions from taco bell LOL Even still, I can only get through 1 and I am STUFFED. Before I was preggy, I could easily eat 1 and something else.

July 27th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Peytonsmomma
i gained 60 with my daughter and it looks like ill be over 60 with this one, do i feel pretty??? heck no!! NONE of my pants fit, its depressing to look for clothes every morning for work!
July 27th, 2012, 12:58 PM
marinewife01's Avatar Super Mommy
Im noticing with my boys im gaining less weight. I dont remember how much i gained with my daughter since that was 10 years ago, im thinking somewhere around 30 if not a little more but with my son I gained 20 even and 15 pounds of that was in the 3rd trimester. So far with this one(another boy) I gained and have lost and am at 4 pounds gained but im sure these last 13ish weeks ill gain a lot more.

Kaela-11 Ben-6 Avrey-8 months

July 27th, 2012, 01:03 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I gained so much with my first because I started out underweight and needed to put on a bit more than "normal." I wasn't eating more than normal, that pregnancy just took me over! lol

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 27th, 2012, 01:48 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
I've gained the least with this pregnancy, but I probably started out bigger this time, so I don't expect losing weight to be easy when she's born. The one thing I ahve hope of is continuing to eat somewhat less since I can't eat much at a time. Just depends how hungry nursing makes me!

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search