BTDT moms, lowered expectations?

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By JillMama
  • 1 Post By mommaof4andhalf
  • 1 Post By bostoncreampie
  • 1 Post By JillN31
  • 2 Post By doremi
  • 1 Post By zubeldia
  • 1 Post By ShawnaCAN

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2012, 11:13 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I am having such a hard time with pelvic pain right now that I think my expectations have reached an all time low. I spent the morning at the library with my boys but came home and put a movie on for them and they have been zoning out since. I have no motivation. I'm usually so good about limiting tv to an hour or so in the evening, but today I could care less if they watch tv all day.

I am usually in so much pain by dinner time but these past few days I have been in so much pain by just after lunch. I am having a hard time coping with having to look after my kids when all I feel comfortable doing is sitting down with a heating pad.

I am trying to muster up the motivation to take them to a little local childrens museum to see some model trains while I sit and watch.

Have any of you all noticed any lowering of the expectations lately? Please tell me I'm not the only one.
September 18th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You're not alone. I've been a lazy Mom lately too. DS has been watching more TV in the evening than I would normally allow. Yesterday we didn't even go outside to play. It had rained in the morning and was wet and cold, but I still feel guilty about that. Today we did get out to the mall and I let him run around at the play place.
September 18th, 2012, 11:27 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely not alone. Its all about keeping myself comfortable, and sane! I'm just about to leave to get the boys from school now, that's when all chaos seems to break loose. I try to keep it as low key as possible.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

September 18th, 2012, 11:36 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't feel bad Kristen, a couple weeks of them having more tv time than normal is not going to kill them or fry their little brains. Is there any kind of "art" projects you can do at home with them while you just sit there with them?? I would say don't push it! chill at home and give them boxing gloves if they want to kill each other

Maybe take them to one of those McDonalds play places to go ape shi.. and try to get some energy out
Peytonsmomma and Mrs.Paradise like this.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
September 18th, 2012, 01:53 PM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
You are definitely not alone. I'm in the same boat. I feel so bad for my kids. I have promised them some pretty awesome stuff after Dillon is born and a little older. They have been very patient and understanding. The littler ones even find it funny. "Mommy, your battery drains faster that the house phone." (Our cordless home phone has a bad battery that needs to be replaced. It drains after about 10 minutes off the charger)
bostoncreampie likes this.

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
September 18th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Veteran
Yep same boat here. Luckily my child is older but I still feel guilty with the amount of non cleaning and cooking I have dont lately. this baby and pregnancy is kicking me a&&. I never usually ask for much help but lately I have. DH and son are great helping but being a SAHM I feel bad " not doing my part" Guess our job is just baking these babies.
September 18th, 2012, 02:22 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You definitely are not alone. Thank goodness I have my mom here. DH too was pretty helpful when we were in aussie in taking her away from me when I need a break. But I am definitely more tired these days; some days I am able to summon up energy to take her to the science center or do some counting and reading with her and other days not. I am just trying to maintain what I have taught her so far as per reading, counting, and all; don't have the energy to introduce her to anything new. Hang in there; we have only a couple of weeks left and then we'll have a different kind of tiredness.

Sisters, friends forever
September 18th, 2012, 02:43 PM
JillN31's Avatar Veteran
I was JUST thinking, yep, my kids are watching tv all evening because I'm too exhausted to do anything. hahaha I actually have a lot of energy and feel pretty good most of the time but today I'm just not feeling it. My older son is sick anyway so we will enjoy a lazy evening at home with the tv

Brady James, Sullivan Thomas, and our newest addition Colin Robert born 10/10/12.
September 18th, 2012, 03:52 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Well we made it to the museum without too much issue and I managed to not resort to tv anymore today. My boys are so energetic, I wish they napped!

Glad I'm not the only unmotivated one.
yashobo likes this.
September 18th, 2012, 04:32 PM
JillN31's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenpie View Post
Well we made it to the museum without too much issue and I managed to not resort to tv anymore today. My boys are so energetic, I wish they napped!

Glad I'm not the only unmotivated one.
I have two boys as well, 4 and 2...they keep me hopping! I'm usually pretty good about keeping us busy but I figure one lazy day once in awhile is okay.

Brady James, Sullivan Thomas, and our newest addition Colin Robert born 10/10/12.
September 18th, 2012, 05:38 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
You are so not the only one. My first trimester, Josiah watched SO much TV, because I was feeling so sick all the time. Now, I can't play with him nearly as much as I would like to, and our days are much "slower" than he would probably like. I am very thankful that he has started preschool twice a week, so at least he gets some high energy time doing that. I try to remind myself that I'm not doing any lasting damage... if he has to watch a little extra TV in order for me to grow him a baby brother, than so be it

September 18th, 2012, 06:35 PM
zubeldia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
K, there are worse things than watching TV Give yourself a break and know that they're not going to be irrevocably ruined by a little more TV than usual. This entire pregnancy has made me much less vigilant about these things. We don't have TV but we do have netflix, and through the HG and bed rest netflix on my iPad has been a very good friend. It's not forever and they will survive.

Hang on in there, mama.

rafi and charlie by zubeldia36, on Flickr
September 18th, 2012, 08:05 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are NOT the only one! Every day feels like Pregnancy Survivor; just gotta get through it alive somehow.
summithorse likes this.
September 18th, 2012, 09:33 PM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
I am right there too. My ds doesn't mind though. He has been bringing some toys and playing while watching tv. Once the girls get home from school they help so o guess it could be worse. We are almost done. YAY
September 19th, 2012, 03:21 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I totally agree that these few weeks of extra tv is totally ok! You need to do what you need to do to keep yourself as rested as possible, and sane! Do you have family around that could take them for just a few hours one day??

September 19th, 2012, 12:59 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you made it to the museum. Yeah, I can't imagine if I had to have dd all day. She goes to her Montessori school from 8 to noon and she also naps from 1pm to 3pm (sometimes like today 4pm). Once she is up is when my torture begins. But she goes to bed around 8pm so I only have to entertain her for 4 hours. I don't know if its a gender thing but she is high maintenance, wants to play with someone all the time and her person of preference often is mummy; so I play with her until I can't do it again and then encourage her to go and play with my mom. I definitely wish dh was here to engage her. Oh well, 2 more weeks until baby gets to leave my body...

Sisters, friends forever
September 19th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Veteran
Oh my gosh, so glad I'm not the only one depending on the TV! I feel like such a bad mama lately! So much to do, so little energy! This too shall pass.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search