Pics of my (almost completed) cloth diaper stash

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree27Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2012, 02:55 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I can't wait until we can all start sharing how our different ways are working for us. I agree with not leaving the wipes in there for over 2 days; like you said, you would think they would be used by then anyway! I would only put enough for 2 days worth in there; I bet it will be easy to keep it clean, once you get a routine down.

Morgan, I still need wet bags too. I think we will get one large and one small, the planet wise ones. I have them on our amazon list and just need to order it along with the other last minute stuff we still need. lol.

Crunchy (can you please tell me your name one more time? I feel SO bad for not remembering it. lol. ), we will both have both solutions then! I just ordered the other one this morning! Found it at a store that is actually about 3 1/2 hours from here so hopefully they will be here by monday. They coincidentally had the thirsties hemp liners that I wanted, on sale, so I got 4 of those as well! I can't wait to smell the solution; I would love for it to smell a lot like patchouli but even if it doesn't, I am sure I'll like it. Fir is a good smell too! I like that you can adjust the strength of the scent with the concentrate!! That's a big bonus to me.

Elli, can't wait to hear how the gdiapers work for you! I would love to use a CD service but that's another $18 or so a week that we won't really have to blow on a "luxury" like that. Hopefully we can be diligent with washing everything and once we have the routine, it will work out for us!

September 21st, 2012, 05:19 PM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
Looks great!
September 21st, 2012, 10:00 PM
CrunchyChristian
My name is Shannon. And don't worry about not remembering. I can't remember anyone's name if it's not in their signature! I think Chloe's diapers are getting better, so hopefully I'll stick her in cloth tomorrow. Oh, and I have the Thirsties hemp inserts, Nina!
bryan and nina likes this.
September 22nd, 2012, 01:04 PM
Awesome, I won't forget it now!
Glad she is doing well and how neat that you have those inserts too!! Do you like them? Mine shipped out today; can't wait to get them and the lusa juice. Hopefully I'll have them by Tuesday; I read hemp needs a lot of prepping. I'm on my second wash cycle for the new batch of prefolds right now. On a side note: I don't know how Charlie's soap smells so good and clean without any fragrance. lol.

September 22nd, 2012, 03:56 PM
CrunchyChristian
I haven't prepped mine yet- they came while I was in the hospital, but I'll start that tomorrow. For now we're doing prefolds and workhorse diapers.

You use Charlie's? I want to try that, but found Country Save at our coop so I don't have to pay shipping. However, if you like it, I'm tempted to get some. Where did you buy it?
September 22nd, 2012, 05:35 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
We love Charlies soap powder. We get it from amazon.
September 22nd, 2012, 05:54 PM
CrunchyChristian
I'll have to check out amazon for the Charlies. Thanks!
September 23rd, 2012, 03:36 AM
I get Charlie's at the local Health Food store. Did you check their store locator? I really like it so far but obviously I can't speak for it's cleaning ability with dirty diapers. I'll let you know in a month or so.
CrunchyChristian likes this.

September 23rd, 2012, 10:28 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can just see her cute little but in those diapers!

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
September 24th, 2012, 02:41 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Ok, I just got my Baby Bum Drops in the mail today and it smells SO GOOD!!! Lavender and mandarin, a little musty with the tee tree oil, I can't stop smelling it. You said you like patchouli smell and this isdefinitely different but I think you would like it!
September 24th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Pageturner
I think i'll probably just use water as a solution, with tea tree oil maybe. My detergent i'm using is the bumgenius detergent...they sell it at our cloth diaper store here, and the owners highly recommended it. I have some dreft that i'm using for the baby clothes, it was a gift.
September 24th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Nina - Just a heads up, I got one of the small Planet-wise wet bags and it's so small, it's pretty much useless for soiled diapers. I got it to go in the diaper bag, but iI can barely get a diaper in there let alone two. I ended up buying a medium sized one for the diaper bag. I'm just using the small one for wipes now. Also, my experience with the planet-wise bags is that if you let your diapers get up to the zipper, the moisture wicks right out the zipper into the outside fabric. I like them ok and I own 3 of the large size, I just can't let them get too full or they almost feel "damp" on the outside and REEK.

p.s. I have a Prince Lionheart warmer and the wipes never stay in there long enough to mildew. I think your water has a lot to do with how soon things mildew. Mine last 2-3 days with no problems. I have a spray bottle too, but Akadia does not appreciate her hiney being sprayed and I have to spray and spray to get a dry cloth wet enough to wipe her without her freaking out, so I really prefer a nice warm wet wipe from the warmer. When I run out of wipes, I wipe down the warmer and then refill it with hot water and baby soap.

Last edited by Leanne78; September 24th, 2012 at 03:27 PM.
September 24th, 2012, 04:16 PM
That's a good tip, thanks!

I was reading about the PW bags and a lot of people mentioned the small is tiny! From what I read, you can't even fit 2 soiled diapers in there, so we will be getting the medium size for the diaper bag... Thanks.

September 24th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Yeah, it's pretty useless for diapers. If I was going out for an all day outing, I probably would take a large with me. Even the medium is only good for about 3-4 diapers.

Here's the small next to an actual diaper:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search