Looks like I'll be going past my due date again

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2012, 03:30 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Got checked today at my 39 week appointment, not dilated at all. Baby's head is down, but that's pretty much all I got for good news, and she's been that way all along. I've had a ton of pressure and contractions are happening, but not doing much I guess. My next appointment is Monday, which is a day past my due date. I'm praying this baby doesn't make me wait and go 42 weeks, but it's possible. I don't think my doctor will make me wait quite that long this time, but I had to be induced at 42 weeks last time because the baby wasn't wanting to budge and he was a big boy.

Feeling pretty down about it, but I guess I shouldn't. I always tell myself that it's not that bad to wait until the baby is ready, but I was sure hoping for some progress with all the discomfort I've been having lately.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), baby boy (coming soon)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
September 24th, 2012, 04:26 PM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
I hope the full moon saturday help!! She will be here before you know it!
September 24th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Veteran
Didn't your doctor give you the option of moving things along? If so is he not anymore? Hopefully you don't have to go that long with this baby. I could only imagine how miserable that would be.

September 24th, 2012, 05:30 PM
JillN31's Avatar Veteran
awww...don't despair. I've always been pretty much closed up tight until I went into labor and I haven't gone more than 5 days past my due date. It's frustrating to have all these contractions and not be making progress but keep in mind that your body is practicing and hopefully when the big day arrives, you'll have a very efficient labor!

Brady James, Sullivan Thomas, and our newest addition Colin Robert born 10/10/12.
September 24th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Yes, but he only meant he would speed things along if I was starting to dilate, for now. At this point he isn't willing to induce without some dilation starting. I've had such different contractions with this pregnancy, so I just really thought something would have started by now. I hope I go into labor on my own, but that I also have enough time to get my mom down here to watch the kids!

September 24th, 2012, 05:34 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs; your body is definitely doing something. I am sure it will make for a quick and easy delivery. Stay positive; baby can still come before next appt.

Sisters, friends forever
September 24th, 2012, 05:39 PM
lovely.carlie's Avatar MaKinslie's Mommy
I'm sorry That is seriously no fun. I hope you get some progress going on or Dr. gives you more options! Keep your chin up.

September 24th, 2012, 05:49 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry =( I hope he comes before then!!

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
September 24th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Anyone want to take bets on how far into October this baby will come, when I was supposed to be one of the early ones

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search