Fluff mail and surprise mail *pictures added*

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 7 Post By 1InSummerland
  • 1 Post By 1InSummerland
  • 1 Post By 1InSummerland

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2012, 05:10 PM
1InSummerland's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got my Imagine prefolds in the mail today! I am super excited and already started prepping them. The covers I ordered should be here by Wednesday (and I can't wait!). I was showing DH tonight how to use the prefolds with snappies. We practiced on a stuffed animal - it was hilarious b/c the proportions are a little off and DH definitely needs a little more practice before Jude's arrival. I'll have to post pictures because it was too funny.

We also got some surprise (baby related) mail recently. We got back from three days out of town to find a big box and a package from Target at our back door. Inside were the diaper bag, hanging diaper pail (two of them!), and the Summer Infant By Your Side Sleeper from our registry - all from a sergeant in my reserve unit. I am overwhelmed by gratitude to everyone who has given us gifts for Jude but this surprised me the most. I thought, when she asked for our registry information, that she might get one or two little things - not spend $120! I don't even know how to effectively convey my gratitude when I see her at drill.

People really are amazing!

EDIT

Here are some pictures of our diaper practice - I don't have one of DH's shoddy prefold job, though because he removed it before I could get a picture. The stuffed animal is a little small but it was the closest we have.

Thank you, Bokkechick, for my beautiful siggy.
Group Leader for Face2 Face Fort Lee and Richmond Area.
Check out my blog! :-) and my blog for Jude.

Last edited by 1InSummerland; September 25th, 2012 at 10:40 AM.
September 24th, 2012, 05:42 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for surprise mail; that was really sweet of the sergeant. I'll write just a very sweet note thanking them for each item. Enjoy And lol at your dh, poor guy.

Sisters, friends forever
September 24th, 2012, 09:46 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
What a blessing, to receive those surprise gifts! I am always so overwhelmed by people's generosity in times like this! Makes me want to be as generous as possible when others are in need

September 25th, 2012, 03:27 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Oh wow, that's all so awesome!! I'll have to look your brand of prefolds up since I've never heard of them. What covers are you getting?
Having DH practice on a stuffed animal is a great idea! We'll have to get a practice session in.
I agree with getting a nice, special "thank you" card and giving it to her. That was very sweet of her. I feel like I'm in the same boat where I don't know how to adequately thank some people for their generosity!

September 25th, 2012, 05:56 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
yay awesome!!!
September 25th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Pageturner
yay! I want that sleeper too, I hope i get it!
September 25th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan and nina View Post
Oh wow, that's all so awesome!! I'll have to look your brand of prefolds up since I've never heard of them. What covers are you getting?
Having DH practice on a stuffed animal is a great idea! We'll have to get a practice session in.
I agree with getting a nice, special "thank you" card and giving it to her. That was very sweet of her. I feel like I'm in the same boat where I don't know how to adequately thank some people for their generosity!
The Imagine prefolds are only available through Nicki's Diapers. I did a lot of asking around and they were recommended to me many times and seemed to be the best value. I got the infant size, which should fit from birth to 15 or so lbs, and am going to use them with snappies and Thirsties Duo Wraps with snaps - which I just got in the mail today!
bryan and nina likes this.

September 25th, 2012, 11:14 AM
CrunchyChristian
Wow! That is awesome!!! And are the Imagine ones the bamboo prefolds? I have a bunch of those and even though I haven't used them yet, I really like them.
September 25th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyChristian View Post
Wow! That is awesome!!! And are the Imagine ones the bamboo prefolds? I have a bunch of those and even though I haven't used them yet, I really like them.
They have bamboo ones but the ones I got are Indian cotton. The bamboo ones are out of stock and are a bit more expensive.
CrunchyChristian likes this.

September 25th, 2012, 04:44 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Love the pics!! Looks like you are ready to try it on your baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search