Appointment Update

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kathleenbean108
  • 1 Post By 1InSummerland

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2012, 08:52 AM
kathleenbean108's Avatar Pregnant with baby #3
Well... another pointless appointment with the oh so wonderful Naval Hospital. They freaked me out telling me I was measuring a month behind..... then they realized I am only 36 weeks vice 40 like they thought...ummm hello my chart is IN YOUR HANDS!
Then I brought up the constant headache for 2 weeks with dizziness and blurriness. Their response.... keep taking tylenol. Thanks for nothing. My c-section is still Oct 12, and my next appt which isnt really an appt is the day before for blood work. No work limitations, still working full days. I am so friggen uncomfortable. Baby is head down finally. I am going back to Disney to try to walk this baby out this weekend. They dont do anything at my appts except measure (then tell me I am a month behind when I am not), and listen with a doppler and send me on my way. As you can tell I am less than thrilled with them and hoping to go in labor before the 12th so I can drive far away from there and deliver elsewhere.
Pageturner likes this.

Robert Thomas

Rachel Marie

Drayana Abigail

Gabriel Andrew
September 26th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How frustrating. What has your BP been like?
September 26th, 2012, 09:07 AM
I didnt see the #s, and usually its low and always has been. They said its in the average range when I asked yesterday. The only see me once a month, so they dont have much info to go off of... not like they are making an effort to try either.

Robert Thomas

Rachel Marie

Drayana Abigail

Gabriel Andrew
September 26th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Pageturner
I am sorry to hear about the stupid doctors. But awesome to hear that baby turned head down finally! Keep your chin up, you only have to deal with them for 4 more weeks and then you get to hold your little bundle :-)
September 26th, 2012, 09:18 AM
It did not matter if she flipped or not since she is a c/s baby. But it does explain my pelvis feels like someone took a baseball bat to it. lol

Robert Thomas

Rachel Marie

Drayana Abigail

Gabriel Andrew
September 26th, 2012, 07:02 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry about your crap care =( I'm from San Diego and have a brother that was Navy, I did hair a few miles from the Naval Hospital, and had TONS of Navy wife mommy's and never heard good things about the Naval Hospital =( Sorry girl, I hope you go into labor sooner too!!

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
September 26th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate the military doc's, virtual hugs. I would go to a regular hospital for delivery!

September 26th, 2012, 10:49 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Since you're not getting any good advice from YOUR docs, I'll tell you what mine said this week. I've had low BP the whole pregnancy, and now at my last appt. it was 120/76... still in the normal range, but high for me. I also had a protein reading of +1 in my urine. She told me that I absolutely need to call her and head to L&D if I notice any of the following:
1. headaches
2. blurred vision
3. decrease of baby movement, especially if less than 4 movements in an hour
4. increased swelling

Did they do a urine analysis? I'm just worried you might be borderline for early pre-eclampsia like me, with the headaches and blurred vision.

September 26th, 2012, 11:07 PM
I ended up at labor and delivery tonight for a killer pain in my back that just increased today. They did a urine test, found bacteria and blood cells but didnt treat it and sent me home. I am beyond baffled how they would have a positive test and not treat it. I have lost faith in doctors as of lately. I didnt even go to the military hospital today, I went to a civilian one.

Robert Thomas

Rachel Marie

Drayana Abigail

Gabriel Andrew
September 26th, 2012, 11:46 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Well that's a load of CRAP!!! I can't believe they didn't treat you! I'm so sorry, Kathleen!

September 26th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Please file an ICE complaint at the naval hospital. No one can hold them accountable if no one ever makes it known that they're doing wrong.

ICE :: Main Page

Unlike the civilian sector you DO have some recourse if you receive substandard care.
September 27th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Oh I have ICED the heck out of them, so do many other Marines. It doesnt help. It took my friends wife writing a letter to the commander of the hospital saying she was in fear of their unborn babies life being seen there to get a referral off base. I, unfortunately do not have that option since I am active duty. Thank goodness my kids don't get seen there.

Robert Thomas

Rachel Marie

Drayana Abigail

Gabriel Andrew
September 27th, 2012, 09:41 AM
1InSummerland's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am in shock! You are still doing full days at 36 weeks? In the Army, you get issued a profile as soon as the pregnancy is confirmed and have a limited workday and total hours for workweek starting at 28 weeks. I tried to stay longer when I was on AT and got yelled at because the limitations are clearly stated in the regs.

I also am shocked whenever I hear about people having bad experiences at MTFs because I have typically had great experiences - but I guess I'm a bit spoiled. I had BAMC (now SAMMC) for my medical needs for years and, for the most part, the facility there is amazing and the staff is, too. The biggest problem I have ever had with MTFs is a lack of continuity of care - especially during my last pregnancy, when I needed it the most. But - I did feel like the providers I saw cared and I LOVED the anesthesiologist who was there for my D&C because he allowed me to make an educated decision for myself about what I wanted - general or local - and respected my decision.

I guess I'm a little biased, though since both my parents and I are medical personnel (medic, RN, and PA) and I know there are providers whose answer to anything is Motrin and/or Pseudoephedrine.

I think it is ridiculous for them to not take seriously issues you are having during pregnancy, especially the constant headache paired with dizziness and blurred vision. That is an immediate red flag to me and they should be looking into it. It could be a BP issue.
Ember Rose likes this.

Thank you, Bokkechick, for my beautiful siggy.
Group Leader for Face2 Face Fort Lee and Richmond Area.
Check out my blog! :-) and my blog for Jude.

September 27th, 2012, 10:27 AM
The limit us to 40 hours a week once you start the 3rd trimester. The order states the time starts from the time you are on the duty station to the time you leave, but my command doesnt count lunch, PT or appointments. So I still work from 0700-1630. Mortin is the answer to everything around these parts... vitamin M cures everything... and puts a hole in your stomach in the process! They gave my SO mucinex for a sinus infection last week. They had his chart, and see he is prone to them, yet still wouldnt give him an antibiotic until he walked straight into the MO's office. Its rather pathetic they have these 19 year old kids straight from high school (Corpsman) and trust them to diagnose you. For Christs sakes, mommy was just wiping their noses for them less than 2 years ago!

Robert Thomas

Rachel Marie

Drayana Abigail

Gabriel Andrew
September 27th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree in the military you had better had a leg torn off or bleeding and dying. When I would go to sick call Motrin was the wonder drug for everything, it sucks. You'd think military would be treated so much differently. Hugs girl I feel your pain.

September 27th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Iam blessed ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleenbean108 View Post
I ended up at labor and delivery tonight for a killer pain in my back that just increased today. They did a urine test, found bacteria and blood cells but didnt treat it and sent me home. I am beyond baffled how they would have a positive test and not treat it. I have lost faith in doctors as of lately. I didnt even go to the military hospital today, I went to a civilian one.
So sorry your feeling bad, its sad that the doctors dont listen to us more, I had been telling
them for months something was wrong, now that we are so far along i think some just let certain
things slide , very fusterating for sure..praying for you and your sweet one ~ i have lost faith to

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search