If you have seen What to expect while your expecting.....

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By marybethsmom
  • 2 Post By ashley5
  • 2 Post By Pageturner
  • 2 Post By Mollyjayne
  • 1 Post By JillMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Please tell what was the best part of the movie for you... I am dying laughing right now. totally not a traditional chic flick as I expected (I'm not a fan of chic flicks, can't figure out why)....

September 26th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Where r u movie goer's at? O maybe work .

September 26th, 2012, 11:09 AM
kaylarayne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I saw the movie and thought it was super cute. There were several really funny moments of the movie. I need to watch it again

September 26th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am going to sucker dh into watching it this week sometime. Can't wait!
Kansascity kitty likes this.

September 26th, 2012, 11:22 AM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
I love Chris Rock, so I like the scenes when the guys would get together, always laughed for those. He never really paid attention to that little boy. There was a comment towards the end, I can't remember exactly what it was, but it was something like, we complain about it but we wouldn't have it any other way, or something to that extent....
September 26th, 2012, 12:31 PM
1InSummerland's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
To be completely honest, I did not enjoy the movie at all. I saw it in theaters and left feeling depressed - mostly because I was so taken by surprise by the loss. If I had known, I probably would have chosen not to see the movie or at least wait until after Jude is born because watching it while pregnant after a loss was really hard on me emotionally.

I think, if I gave it another chance, I might enjoy it more now that it wouldn't be such a surprise but I don't think I can get over being bugged by how unrealistic some parts related to the loss seemed (like how quickly she seemed to be okay)...

I did really enjoy the "break down" scene where the one woman goes up on stage and decides to talk about the miserable realities behind pregnancy. I found it really hard to be amused, though, while I was bawling my eyes out because of the other woman's story.

Thank you, Bokkechick, for my beautiful siggy.
Group Leader for Face2 Face Fort Lee and Richmond Area.
Check out my blog! :-) and my blog for Jude.

September 26th, 2012, 12:44 PM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My favorite part was when Elizabeth Banks goes into labor and asks for drugs and her husband was like I thought you said no drugs. She yells at him get me the juice! Or when she talks about all the crapy parts of being pregnancy that some people don't have or say.
September 26th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Pageturner
I really liked how she goes from being this idealistic baby store owner writing childrens books about breastfeeding, to this totally realistic, pregnancy really sucks type person, while still being happy about having a baby. I loved how she broke down on stage and was like, this sucks! lol.

I also thought it was hilarious how when they pulled the baby out after the c-section, the baby was totally pristine. DH and I were like *** that's not what it is going to look like at all. Plus the baby looked to be about 4 months old already lol.
JillMama and CrunchyChristian like this.
September 26th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Mollyjayne's Avatar Super Mommy
I liked how she was having the worst pregnancy in the world and her husbands super hot step mom wasn't having a problem with anything. I mean she sneezed and popped out twins.

Otter
September 26th, 2012, 04:04 PM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
I agree with Ashley! She was the best I think!!
September 26th, 2012, 04:15 PM
The step mom was hilarious hugging the step son and the wife is like ok thats enough lol.
Then of course the dudes group. I also loved the part when J lo and her dh went and adopted their baby it was so sweet ( I almost cried). There were many parts of the movie that were funny and some parts that were a little far fetched but all in all a good flick.

September 26th, 2012, 05:34 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought it was cute, loved all the already mentioned scenes, thought Cameron Diaz character was annoying, she was just doing the same acting she ALWAYS does. Chris Rock and the Children's store owner were my favs
Kansascity kitty likes this.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
September 27th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
I liked the plot in general, showing how every pregnancy is so different. But I have to admit, I think I cried more than i laughed throughout the movie...lol.

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/31/15!

September 27th, 2012, 05:13 AM
lovely.carlie's Avatar MaKinslie's Mommy
DH and I definitely loved the baby convention scene. (: whole movie in general was good for us. I did cry but I'm pretty sure that I was expecting that. M/C scene got hard with us because it was ironically similar to what happened when we lost our baby as well only difference is that we we're first married and almost ended our marriage. But we obviously pulled it together and became stronger . So while that scene did hit a tender spot, it did not ruin the movie for us at all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search