SO ANGRY (warning major o/t vent!)

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By LucilleTwo
  • 1 Post By verybusymomto4
  • 1 Post By Peytonsmomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
Oh my goodness Im so upset. This is totally off topic but I just need to vent and ask for knowledge or advice. We are closing on our new house on Friday (yayyy ) and we will be moving in this weekend. We are currently renting. When we moved into this place a few years ago, we were required to pay for the 1/4 tank of oil that was left in the tank. Now, we're moving out, and I just filled the tank not too long ago. There is 3/4 of a tank left, which is about $750 worth of oil. My landlord is REFUSING to reimburse us for the oil. He flat out said no way, because upon talking to the soon-to-be tenants that are moving in here, he learned they are unable to pay for it either. What do I do?! He expects me to just leave $750 sitting in a tank in the basement?? The new house we are moving into has a full tank (which i have to pay $1050 for at closing Friday!) otherwise I'd pump the oil and bring it with me! Is this the landlords responsibility to reimburse us for this oil?! I hate to say it since I know the people who are moving into this place next, but if they cannot afford to pay all of the necessary costs of moving in, then wouldn't that be a deal breaker? Ugh, im SO stressed. With closing costs and everything else due Friday, that $750 is like GOLD right now.

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/31/15!

September 26th, 2012, 06:34 PM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
Is there anyway you could pump it and store it? It is rightfully yours.
marinewife01 likes this.

September 26th, 2012, 06:39 PM
kaylarayne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree. I would look into pumping it and taking it with you for sure! There must be a way!

September 26th, 2012, 06:44 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's frustrating! Sorry!

September 26th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Regular
He has to reimburse you it, you are suppose to leave the tank the way you found, either full, empty 1/2 tank etc. That is 750!! NOOOO way I would let that man keep that much money! If those new people moving cant pay for it, then the landlord has to give you your money back. Look up, online, legal tenants rights in your area, they offer lots of advice and will help you learn your rights.
Ember Rose likes this.
September 26th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Veteran
Wow, It's things like this that make me hate landlords!! I would have to agree pumping it and storing. Good luck, hope all works out for the best. Try not to stress to much.

September 26th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Peytonsmomma
is it in a contract you were required to pay 1/4 of the oil?
Ember Rose likes this.
September 26th, 2012, 09:44 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
If your landlord absolutely refuses to pay for it, then pump it and store it. I think he should be required to reimburse you, and the fact that the new tenants can't pay it is NOT your problem, it's his! If he wants you to leave the oil, then he needs to reimburse you and then work out a payment plan with the new tenants. Was there anything written in your lease regarding the oil?

September 26th, 2012, 09:51 PM
marinewife01's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree with the other ladies and would pump it and store it!

Kaela-11 Ben-6 Avrey-8 months

September 27th, 2012, 05:28 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope there is a way to pump it out and store. I know the money would come in handy right now. But the only other alternative if he is refusing to pay is for you to get the oil out somehow and leave the tank empty. Sorry you are having to deal with this with all you have going.

Sisters, friends forever
September 27th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I'd pump it and take it with you. I'm sure there is some way you could store it and it would serve the landlord right!

September 27th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Pageturner
I agree with the other ladies, either that or see if the new people can make payments.
September 27th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Regular
What you should do is look up online the tank you have and then search how to pump oil out of it. OR Call the company and ask how to pump oil out of your tank, like,LIE of course, you are thinking of putting a tank on your property you just got but would leave to leave the oil in this one how could i pump it out and store it, but that might throw up red flags. Stick with finding your tank online and searching for pumping out oil.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search