Lost mucous plug

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Jinnah
  • 1 Post By Jinnah
  • 1 Post By Jinnah
  • 1 Post By Jinnah

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Jinnah
It started off slowly coming out since my last appointment, and today a large portion came out... think that's about it. How long do you think it's going to take to actually go into labor now? I really need to have this baby before my mom leaves on Tues! Ahhh! lol
abur likes this.
September 27th, 2012, 02:33 PM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today is the first time I've had any come out so we will see if anything happens! And Tuesday is my EDD so it looks like we are in the same boat LOL! I wish I knew when something was going to happen!
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

September 27th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Jinnah
Are you feeling anything? I feel very slight cramping at times, but nothing consistent. Also, I have a contraction every now and then, but still nothing regular.
abur likes this.
September 27th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Yep, that is exactly what is going on with me. My back hurts too and I just want to sleep! For some reason I think she will come in the middle of the night but all I can do is wait

September 27th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Peytonsmomma
at my birth class with my daughter 3 years ago, the instructor said from the time you lose your plug you will have your baby within 15 days
September 27th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Jinnah
Quote:
Originally Posted by abur View Post
Yep, that is exactly what is going on with me. My back hurts too and I just want to sleep! For some reason I think she will come in the middle of the night but all I can do is wait
I just slept for several hours, lol. Looks like we are in the same boat. Let me know if anything else happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peytonsmomma View Post
at my birth class with my daughter 3 years ago, the instructor said from the time you lose your plug you will have your baby within 15 days
I hope it doesn't take that long! I can't remember how long (after I saw it with dd) it took for my water to break. I don't think it was a long time.
abur likes this.
September 27th, 2012, 03:33 PM
delaney24's Avatar Super Mommy
If it's bloody or brown or pink tinged, they say labor tends to begin within 1-3 days of that, usually much sooner. But if it's "just" regular mucus plug (clear or white or yellow) then there could still be more to come out & it could be a while If you're getting large amounts though then I can't imagine something exciting is *too* far away...
September 27th, 2012, 04:16 PM
kaylarayne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lost mine Sunday and the rest on Monday and it was brown tinged...still pregnant and not feeling like anything is going to happen...I lost my plug with dd and it was pink and that was 2-3 weeks before I had her and I was induced!
I don't think that the plug indicated much of anything other than a ripening cervix, but you can still stay very pregnant for quite some time.

September 27th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Jinnah
Quote:
Originally Posted by delaney24 View Post
If it's bloody or brown or pink tinged, they say labor tends to begin within 1-3 days of that, usually much sooner. But if it's "just" regular mucus plug (clear or white or yellow) then there could still be more to come out & it could be a while If you're getting large amounts though then I can't imagine something exciting is *too* far away...
Mine was pink with some of it being more red. I just walked for 30-40 minutes, so hoping something happens soon.
abur likes this.
September 27th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I think you're gonna go soon! Mine was just mucus Boo!

September 27th, 2012, 06:52 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If there's blood, you'll go sooner. If it's just mucus, that can happen for a few weeks before going into labour. The plug keeps replenishing itself.
September 27th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Jinnah
I've never gone past 38 weeks... this is the longest I've ever been pregnant!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search