question about winter bunting

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By doremi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2012, 07:08 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
So someone gave me this great little bunting from the Rugged Bear, but I am not sure how you use it with a carseat. Anyone have any input? I've always used ones with legs for my boys. Whats the loop on the bottom?

September 30th, 2012, 07:26 PM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
The loop is for the car seat or stroller strap but I wouldn't use it because I don't think you would get a snug enough fit. Looks so snuggly though!

September 30th, 2012, 07:39 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
What's the point of the loop though? Why would you need to put the carseat strap through it? Doesn't scrunching the fabric between the legs have to happen anyway?

I am so confused, do people use these with carseats? Why do they make them like this? If you had to scrunch it up, it wouldn't be a snug fit. But big name brands put out buntings like this all the time.

Has pregnancy brain hit me full force today?
September 30th, 2012, 07:49 PM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
I totally get what you are saying about it being bunched regardless if there is a loop or not. I think the loop gives parents a false sense of security that it is safe; like a selling feature. It must be safe because it has a car seat loop! And yeah, people do use them with carseats.

I have a fleece bunting that goes over a fleece suit with legs. I only use the part with legs in the car and I have used the bunting in the stroller (our stroller has a bassinet.)

Yeah, the loop is pointless

September 30th, 2012, 10:24 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I agree that the loop is pointless. I had read somewhere that one way to make this type of bunting more car seat friendly is to cut a slit horizontally at the place where the carseat/stroller buckle would naturally go, and then to secure the rough edges using stitches like you would when making a button hole. Because you are only cutting a small slit, it still keeps baby warm even when not using the carseat/stroller. I just noticed yours has a zipper going all the way up and down the front though, so this might not be something you could do with yours! I'd be tempted to try to turn it into a bunting with two legs...

October 1st, 2012, 03:34 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
It's very cute!! But yeah, not sure how it would work with a car seat...

October 1st, 2012, 03:57 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those kind have me quite confused as well. I've either used nothing or a fleece bunting with legs. My absolute favorite is from Lands End but they don't make them anymore for whatever reason. The one I got for this baby I got off ebay for 7 bucks.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

October 1st, 2012, 07:57 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I LOVED the Land's End baby line before they discontinued it!! Some of the LL Bean stuff looks very similar to the Land's End baby stuff. I love this bunting by them:
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/52109...eece-coveralls
Summerdays12 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search