I am Nervous about being induced

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 3 Post By abur
  • 2 Post By JillMama
  • 1 Post By cincy1luv
  • 4 Post By Tiffany8620
  • 1 Post By verybusymomto4
  • 1 Post By Peytonsmomma
  • 2 Post By Mrs.Paradise

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2012, 09:19 AM
Regular
Went today for my NST test and blood pressure. My BP went back up to 140/90 and I am still at 1cm. He said my cervix is not cooperting. Baby is great, great HB,moving around. Both of my DRs think it is best for me to get induced, they dont want me to go past my due date which is Thursday. So they want me to come in Wed at 5:30pm to start inducing, he says not to worry, i need to keep my BP down and they do this alot. He said me and baby will both be carefully monitored. THe chances of me having a c section is low since i have had 3 births vaginally.
I have Never had this and I am sooooo nervous aobut being induced. I just dont know what to think, i am worried about baby, i am worried about me, i just scared. He told i cold still go into labor before Wed and to keep thiking postive. I just pray I go into by myself. Any advice? Experience? Anything to make me calm down? DH says my BP is going up now because I am so upset and worried but I dont know how to think postive about being induced.
October 1st, 2012, 09:27 AM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate when they stress you out when your BP is already high! Ugh, I told them when they started with the induction talk that if they thought my BP was high before, they should check it out now! I can understand your nervousness...it seems like a lot of us are having BP issues that are uncontrollable :/ I go tomorrow and they will probably reiterate that they want to induce me. But just try to stay as calm and positive as you can and I'm sure the experience won't be as scary as you imagine it to be. Take some baths, rest, do something nice for yourself - who knows, that could make baby come before Wednesday!!! Hang in there
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

October 1st, 2012, 09:29 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll pray you go on your own!!
cuatx and verybusymomto4 like this.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
October 1st, 2012, 09:33 AM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
Im with Jill! I will be praying for you to go on your own!
verybusymomto4 likes this.
October 1st, 2012, 09:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was induced due to BP issues last Tuesday. I was also nervous, but everything went great. I was 3 cm and 70% effaced when I got to the hospital, so my cervix was favorable. My doctor broke my water about 9:00. I started having painful contractions once my water was broken, but ended up needing Pitocin to get things regular. I eventually got an epidural, because I didn't feel anywhere close to mentally prepared for a natural delivery, especially with the Pitocin. I think it was a good choice also for the fact that it helped drop my BP, which was continuing to rise during labor. Eve was born at 2:24 in the afternoon after 6 minutes of pushing. She did need a fetal scalp monitor and gave us a few nervous moments as she moved down the birth canal, because she was having major decels...but that didn't have to do with my BP. Overall, it went extremely smooth. Try to go with the flow and stay relaxed. Trust your body to deliver a beautiful baby and trust your doctors to use their knowledge and training to get you there safely. My BP continued to be on the higher side after delivery and when I was discharged. They said it may take a few weeks to get back to normal.
October 1st, 2012, 11:06 AM
Regular
Thanks ladies. I am trying to relax. I am starting to feel better. Just talked to both my sisters who had to be induced, talking to them really helped. I just keep praying Gunner will come on his own I am STILL 1cm and not thinning out. I have never had long labors either, my sis was in labor 15hours! Thats one of my worry issues, i have not had labors long like hers, kind of makes me nervous,you know? But on the plus side, she said the epidural really helped, i know i will be there in plenty of time to get it this time around lol
abur likes this.
October 1st, 2012, 11:46 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs, praying baby comes on his own soon. Either way, I am sure you'll be fine.

Sisters, friends forever
October 1st, 2012, 02:06 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I was induced with Josiah, and the pitocin wasn't nearly as terrible as everybody made it out to be! Hopefully since you've already dilated/effaced some, you will just need a low dose to get things moving, and it will be more like a jump start to your body taking care of things naturally. I'd recommend NOT letting them manually break your waters until you are in a good labor pattern though, just to lower your chances of c/s.

October 1st, 2012, 03:03 PM
Peytonsmomma
im getting induced on monday if the baby doesnt come on its own by then! good luck, i know you will do great!
verybusymomto4 likes this.
October 1st, 2012, 03:10 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
just try to do something for yourself... like go get a mani/pedi if you can... if not take a nice bath and read a good book... just get your mind off of it... I know a lot of ladies that have had a scheduled induction and went into labor the morning of on their own! so it can happen! either way you are going to get your sweet little baby out of it! GOOD LUCK! and I will keep you in my T&P's!
October 1st, 2012, 03:13 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
i agree, your cervix is just fine!

he should be able to strip your membranes at 1 cm. i would ask for that to happen asap. i would also look in to black and blue cohosh.

maybe start using evening primrose oil vaginally to soften your cervix so it responds better to the induction.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search