We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Saw my doctor for my 40 week appointment. I might be a fingertip dilated. It really hurt when he checked me today, so I'm hoping that will get some action going. The doctor said I should be a cervix donor, to help those with incompetent cervix problems. The sucky news is that he's gonna be out of town next week, so I have to see some other male doctor. I have a NST scheduled for Monday, followed by an u/s, then the appointment with the doctor.
Because of my original due date of Oct 4, my doctor will induce me on October 18 if she's not been born by then.
He wanted me to make sure to pay attention to her movements and get checked if she's quiet for too long. She was moving quite a bit while I was out there waiting for my appointment today but over the weekend she did have some quieter times.
Jill, my midwife lets you go, in some instances, 3 weeks passed your due date. Mostly they'll let you go 2 weeks, though, and they discourage any form of induction unless it's medically warranted. I'm glad I'm feeling patient
I'm really hoping something happens this week now. I would hate to have some other doctor there for delivery, and I also really don't want to wait 2 more weeks or more, based on my hip pain and the pressure I'm having, but she'll be born when she's supposed to be.
One thing my husband pointed out was that with my son I was not dilated at all before I was induced and at least this time I've started to dilate some, even if it is just a tiny bit.