We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Just got back from the OB, and I'm 4 cm dilated!! She was pretty shocked, but I wasn't since I've felt so awful the last few days! She said she thinks he is just over 7lbs right now, and ideally she would like me to make it 3 more days so he is at term. She said that things look favorable for a vbac attempt... I decided to sign the consents for the vbac so that I would have options when I got to the hospital. She said to call immediately if my contractions get 6-7 minutes apart like yesterday, and to call from my cell on the way to the hospital if my water breaks, because she has a feeling I will progress really quickly. So, we'll see what kind of a birth I end up having!!! We will make the decision about what to do the "day of", depending on what feels right! She said she doesn't really expect to see me at my appt. next Wednesday, and that she would give me almost zero chance of making it to my scheduled c/s on 10/23. Now the question is... do I go to work tonight?! I was planning on tonight being my last night of work
She is still saying success rate of 30% if I try for a vbac, but seems to be more optimistic about me being successful given how my body is responding this time around. I'm timing contractions, they've started up again... I don't think work is going to be in the cards tonight, but we'll see. I'll make a decision within the next hour as to whether I need to call the ob and cancel lessons with my students!
Wohoo Sarah!!! Sounds like Jamison is on the way!! I'd probably stay at home from work as well; especially if contractions picked up again.
I think it's wonderful you will have the option for a vbac, if you chose to give it a go! The csec is always there as a back up... Good luck and keep us posted!!
**Thank you SO much Quantum_Leap for this perfect siggy!**