Prodromal labor....(x-posted in Nov DDC)

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2012, 10:08 AM
fireflyluna13's Avatar Super Mommy
I think I'm having it. Since Wednesday I have been having increased frequency and intensity of contractions and been feeling really restless. Some of my contractions stop me in my tracks and force me to breathe/pant thru them. My contractions will be 4-5 min apart for 30 min and then space out to 10-20 min for an hour and then stop a couple of times per day. On Tues my OB said my cervix was soft but no dilation yet. My BP has been up and I'm swollen all over. No protein spillage though. Every contraction I have I'm praying for a little dilation or effacement. I am 36wks tomorrow. I want a cm or two head start before real labor starts. I'm going for a VBAC if labor starts befor 38-39wks. I REALLY want this baby boy out after the 14th (green light at 37wks). I'm gonna jedi-mind-trick this baby out! lol I'm getting so obsessive about wanting him out. I felt the same way with my first two babies and my water broke at 37 wks. I'm hoping this baby doesn't reinvent the wheel and go longer. I wish I had a crystal ball to tell me how everything will go down. I am stir crazy over here! Anyone else feel like they are crawling out of their skin?
~Selena, mom to 3 boys: Alex 10, William 8. and Baby boy #3 Lukas Araya born 10/28/2012

Lukas was born with moderate to severe metopic craniosynostosis with trigonocephaly. Corrective surgery performed March 18, 2013. We are on the other side!!!
October 6th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hang in there!
October 6th, 2012, 11:49 AM
I have had prodromal labor for more than 2 weeks now. My worst bout was last night where I had contractions as intense and painful as transition contractions, rushed to L&D and then they stopped as abruptly as they started. I am being induced Tuesday...I can't drive anymore after last nights episode. They started instantly and 10 on the pain scale. Time to put an end to it.
October 6th, 2012, 05:06 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
With Josiah, I had the prodromal labor for almost 3 weeks. With this baby, I thought it was the same thing, and turned into real labor with a delivery at 36.5 weeks! You just never know when it is going to switch from "gearing up" to "the real thing". Hang in there! If you can make it to 37 weeks, that is what is best for baby. Even though Jamison is doing fine, he has had to be in special care since birth with oxygen, and I had an unusually large baby considering his gestational age... many at 36 weeks still have a really hard time, so just keep reminding yourself how important these last few weeks of development are. Good luck with your vbac!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search