Oh my BOOBS!

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tiffany8620

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Who is nursing? My boobs are so freaking sore right now. I have been using lanolin and those hydrogel pads. I express some milk and rub on them and let them air dry. I am not sure what else to try. They said he was latching great in the hospital and I have been watching very close and it seems like he is doing it right. It is that first min that I want to cry and then it lets up. I think this is why I stopped nursing my first LOL. With my second I had to use a shield and didn't get near this sore. I guess it protected me. I am hanging in there hoping in a couple of days we will be past this!

October 7th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was very sore for a few days too. I used lots of lanolin and some cool gel pads they gave me at the hospital. My nipples aren't sore anymore though. But when they were...yikes! I would dread nursing on the left side, because it was cracked and hurt so bad! Hang in there.
abur likes this.
October 7th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
About how long did it last? Friday was pretty bad and last night was bad. Today is a tad better so I am hoping I am on the down side. Did you apply lanolin after every feeding? Sorry for all of the questions!

October 7th, 2012, 10:59 AM
CrunchyChristian
Chloe is 2 and 1/2 weeks and one side is great now (started getting better about a week ago) and one side is still sore 80% of the time. The side that is still sore is the side that we struggle with, so I think I don't always get her latched on right.

Hang in there! It does get better!!!
October 7th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine were pretty sore for only three or four days. Make sure your little one is latching correctly. That can have a lot to do with it. Eve latches well, but with my son I would constantly have to flip out his bottom lip to get a proper latch.
October 7th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Also, yes, I applied lanolin after every feeding. Sorry, I missed that question before.
October 7th, 2012, 02:55 PM
kaylarayne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally feel your pain but hang in there. With my first, the pain from feeding was sooo bad that I would cry each tme he latched on and my whole body would tense up...but it did get better. With 2nd, never felt a thing and then with 3rd it was like the 1st all over again...but I didn't give up and it eventually went away. This time it is hurting pretty badly but only until she is latched on really good and then the pain goes away.

I wish I had some good pieces of advice, but all I can really say is DON'T GIVE UP! Good luck friend
October 7th, 2012, 06:12 PM
revolutionarygirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had that problem too, even a little bleeding.. but I feel like after a few days or so it toughens up a bit and it's not so bad? Just making sure obviously that they are latching well.
October 7th, 2012, 07:05 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Breastfeeding should NOT hurt like that. If you can, you need to see a lactation consultant or contact your local Le Leche League chapter asap. Women are misinformed that breastfeeding is a painful thing. But that is only normal if there is a problem. It is most likely a latch issue or he may be struggling with tongue tie, which can be easily treated, but needs to be evaluated by a professional. Good luck!
October 7th, 2012, 07:17 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've felt like that with each of mine, for the first week or so.
October 7th, 2012, 07:46 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I'm not suggesting it's not common, I'm suggesting it's not normal.
October 7th, 2012, 07:51 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use a nipple shield but little Miss likes to "bite" me with her gum so I still get sore a bit but I am not raw. Hope the pain lets up for you.

Sisters, friends forever
October 8th, 2012, 05:18 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Cold cabbage leaves laid on your breasts are supposed to help too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search