40 weeks 6 days. Need some encouragement.

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LucilleTwo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2012, 03:40 AM
JillN31's Avatar Veteran
Well, I'm 40 weeks, 6 days and nothing to indicate that labor is imminent. My first two were born after my due date but I've never made it this far past my due date. I need some good thoughts and encouragement. I'm trying to stay positive, and for the most part I am, but there are times I feel like I'm going to lose it. I am just so DONE! Logically, I know that I won't stay pregnant forever but sometimes it feels like it. I'm starting to become afraid that I will not go into labor on my own and end up getting induced. I know that's not the worst thing in the world but it's not my ideal either. I go for another NST tomorrow morning so I'm sure I'll discuss my options with my OB. I thought subsequent pregnancies were usually shorter and mine keep getting longer and longer!

Brady James, Sullivan Thomas, and our newest addition Colin Robert born 10/10/12.
October 8th, 2012, 03:44 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Oh my goodness, I am sorry you are in that position! That's kind of funny in a way because I woke up around 3am this morning and just had this crazy fear in my head that I wasn't going to go into labor on my own. lol. No idea what prompted that but I was thinking I need to ask my midwives tomorrow how long they will let me go before I need to be induced... and I am only 39 weeks, tomorrow! lol.

Anyway, hopefully things will get started for you soon!!! If you feel like it, check out youtube for acupressure points to trigger labor. There are tons of videos!!
Hang in there mama; like you said, we won't be pregnant forever and everytime I get impatient or wish labor would start I try to remind myself that one day I will be reminiscing about the days I was still pregnant with her.

October 8th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I went 11 days over with my first and 17 days over with my second. I'm sincerely hoping not to hit 42 Weeks with this one, but my midwife already told me she would probably pass out if I told her I was in labor before at LEAST 40 Weeks this time, lol.

I was completely freaking out at 41.5 Weeks with Elias, terrified I was heading for another induction, because I was so close to 42 Weeks. We had a long talk about the dangers of inducing vs not inducing, and we were going to do a NST the day after he came, had he not come. But, remember, unless there is IMMINENT danger to the baby (not just anecdotal) there is not a need to induce!. The risk to the baby doubles, yes, when you go over the 42 week mark, but the risk before is only like <.5% before 42 Weeks anyway! Plus, considering how many are actually born after 42 Weeks, they really don't know a whole lot about the statistics!

You can totally do this, the baby WILL come out, and you're going to have a wonderful birth!
October 8th, 2012, 05:32 AM
lovely.carlie's Avatar MaKinslie's Mommy
My Step MIL always tells me her horror story of going to almost 44 weeks! She is a lot older so this was back in the day before they even did gender ultrasounds.
Hugs! I'm sure it will happen for you soon! I'm told that once you feel DONE and are distraught that labor is imminent.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my siggy!

October 8th, 2012, 05:56 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow, I'm sorry!!

Do you know if your even dilated or effaced at all?

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
October 8th, 2012, 06:30 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Oh hang in there. I went to 41 weeks last time and I know it's hard. I hope it just happens overnight for you.
October 8th, 2012, 08:52 AM
JillN31's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillMama View Post
Oh wow, I'm sorry!!

Do you know if your even dilated or effaced at all?
I wasn't as of Saturday. I'm sure my OB will check me again tomorrow but I'm not expecting much. I have never been dilated to more than 1 prior to starting labor.

Brady James, Sullivan Thomas, and our newest addition Colin Robert born 10/10/12.
October 8th, 2012, 08:58 AM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
I bet when you do go into labour it will be fast!!
bostoncreampie likes this.

October 8th, 2012, 09:39 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lots of sympathy!!!!! Prayers that baby comes soon!
October 8th, 2012, 10:46 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
(((HUGS))) I'm sorry.

Just keep in mind it can happen fast...with Claire I had NO signs of labor beforehand. Then within a few hours I had my bloody show, went into labor, and she was born. I hope your little one makes an appearance very soon!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

October 8th, 2012, 11:34 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs, although I have been 60% effaced for a whole, the rest of mine all happened in a day. Praying the same happens for you and that it happens soon. Hang in there momma.

Sisters, friends forever

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search