Miserable today

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pageturner

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Pageturner
I am sorry I haven't been on here much...I've been baby mooning! I have been blissful since the birth...until today. Michael did not sleep very much last night, and today reality just hit...I'm exhausted, I'm sore, I have cold sores all over my nose from my immune system being out of whack, I had trouble feeding him this morning, and as much as I need and love having everything done for me here, I can't wait until I can take care of myself and everyone will just leave me alone. I'm really tired of having other people in my house. My head is pounding. I cannot stop crying. My husband had to leave work today to be with me because I'm an emotional wreck right now...

I love and adore Michael...just overwhelmed
October 26th, 2012, 03:39 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry, mama! We all have our wonderful days and our horrendous days. Keep your head up. Accept the help when you can ... I understand it is kinda annoying, but in all reality, it IS helping!

HUGS!!

October 26th, 2012, 03:45 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Oh Morgan, so sorry you are feeling bad today! Just wanted to give you a big hug and hopefully things will look brighter tomorrow!

October 26th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would imagine this is the most awkward time to have guests. Hang in there it'll get better. They'll leave eventually and you'll get into a routine.
October 26th, 2012, 04:32 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
I feel for you!! I have had similar days this week. I was so happy and over the moon the first few weeks. Just know we are all here for you and the first 6 weeks is usually the hardest it will get easier. Lots of hugs to you.
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

October 26th, 2012, 05:11 PM
CrunchyChristian
I'm sorry you're feeling bad. It's totally normal to have those days and know you are not alone. It is overwhelming to take care of a new human being and with hormones being crazy it can make life miserable. Hugs to ypu and prayers that you're feeling better soon!!!
October 26th, 2012, 05:56 PM
ellinj0206's Avatar Mom to Alexandra Jane
Send a message via Skype™ to ellinj0206
I feel for you. Yesterday was my first day without my hubby at home and I was really upset. Alexandra was super fussy and it was tough to keep it together, but I did and just tried to put it all in perspective.

The hormones don't help!!

October 26th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Morgan, I can't remember if you're a first time mom. No matter what, a newborn is very hard. But to me, the first one was much harder!! You're overwhelmed & stressed about if you're doing everything right. Hormones & emotions on top of that make it a roller coaster time. Big hugs & I'll keep you in my prayers!

October 26th, 2012, 07:04 PM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
((Hugs)) praying it gets better!
October 27th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Pageturner
Thanks, yes I am a first timer. Hubby was amazing yesterday, came home and we all took a nap, he basically took care of Michael all night so I could sleep, only woke me up to feed him. I feel much more rested today, even though I still have a throbbing exhaustion headache.

I'm just feeling really emotional because i know nothing is ever going to be the same and i'm going to miss it just being me and my hubby, a little.

Last edited by Pageturner; October 27th, 2012 at 05:51 AM.
October 27th, 2012, 07:44 AM
CrunchyChristian
What an awesome husband! I know it's sad for things to change, but you guys will be wonderful parents and once you get in the swing of things it will be hard to remember life when it was just the two of you (although I still do have those "moments" where I dream about what life would have been like with just my DH and me, and then I remember how much I love my brood!). I'm so happy that you got to sleep! It's so hard when you're sleep deprived. Keep resting as much as you can, Mama! You can come here to whine, cry, vent, complain and get support whenever you need to!!!!
October 27th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
I feel for you!!! I had to kick my mother out because I just needed people out! She was here for over a week and I had enough. My husband went back to work this past Monday and my week was not the best. Overwhelming for sure.

October 27th, 2012, 09:30 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
I remember a little bit of how I felt after my first baby came home, and how exhausted I was, and how overwhelmed. It will get easier, but you definitely need to rest as much as you can to get to feeling more like yourself! It is great you have such a helpful husband

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), baby boy (coming soon)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
October 27th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
awww, I'm sorry Morgan. The one time I felt like that, was when I had trouble latching Savina, and my colostrum wouldn't come in abundance. I got so frustrated I couldn't feed my child, I cried horribly. But we're past that now, and all is good. It'll pass for you too, and you'll look back and say, I did everything I could, and I did it right. And that's what counts

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
October 27th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Pageturner
Thank you so much for the kind words. Michigan football is on and my boys are watching it, so I'm going to SLEEP!!!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.
October 28th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im right there with you Morgan! its been SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD!!! I felt like I was the only one going through this... I love my baby sooooooooo much! its so hard when he will only sleep a half hour at most at night... thank goodness for my husband hes been sooooooooooooooooooooo AMAZING! he will take Landon during the day so I can sleep... I wake up when I hear Landon crying to get fed, and then I go back to sleep... yesterday morning I woke my hubby up at 5 and I was crying because it was so hard and I was soooooooooooooooooo tired... I just didnt expect it to be THIS hard... Im sitting here with no sleep again with Mr. Landon on my chest because if I put him down he wakes up screaming...
October 28th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Pageturner
I have to put Michael on my chest too, when he is screaming like that at night it's the only way he will sleep!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search