Rough first couple of days!

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2012, 11:09 AM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
We have a Miracle Blanket too! We used it for over 6 months with DD. It's a swaddling blanket but it has flaps that go over their arms and under their body so that they are nice and tight and can't flail their arms. We called it the burrito blanket

October 27th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
that sounds about right, about the 2 weeks to regain birth weight. my midwives told me the same thing. I'm glad the ped appt. went well! Keep me updated on how little Emmy is doing feeding and gaining weight.

Also, I agree with Erin. Savina sucks and then stops for a while and then continues. I only take her off the breast, when she doesn't pick up sucking as I gently press on my breast near the nipple. And she usually falls asleep by the time she's done, sometimes sooner. Sometimes she nurses while asleep. It's all about how it works for you two. You're still getting to know Emmy, you'll learn how she likes to eat

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
October 27th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peytonsmomma View Post
marysbeth~ whats the miracle blanket?
theron has been a great sleeper but this week he got his manhood chopped and the third week growing spurt and i think hes allergic to tylenol, any amount that i give him he projectile vomits it ( my daughter was allergic to meds also) so its been a rough week with sleep and pain
Miracle Blanket Swaddling Is An Off-Switch For Crying Babies.

October 27th, 2012, 12:09 PM
CrunchyChristian
You've gotten some great advice so I won't repeat things...just *hugs* and things WILL get easier!!!
October 27th, 2012, 01:12 PM
LWiegel's Avatar Lauren *Expecting #1!*
I'm sorry to hear its not going as perfectly as imagined but hey what does?? I don't have anybadvice but i just wanted to say i know you are an amazing mommy and how badly you wanted her so you will do whatever it takes!! DH sounds like a natural and truly amazing! Good luck with everything I'll ne keeping up!

Lauren's Pregnancy Journal.
October 27th, 2012, 02:42 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Hi Nina, sorry you're having a bit of a rough time! Emmelyn sounds A LOT like Josiah was as a newborn. He hated sleeping anywhere but his swing, our arms, or in the middle of our bed. Do what you have to do in these early weeks to get some sleep! If putting her in your bed, take the comforter off the bed and lay her on top of the sheets in the center of the bed in a sleep sack or swaddle blanket.

As for the nursing, 1.5oz pumped is a great amount for how few days PP you are! Remember, newborns stomach's are only the size of a grape, so even a few drops of colostrum is enough to fill them up early on. Don't worry too much about quantity for the first few days. The important thing is to offer the breast whenever she is awake, and a minimum of every 4 hours. Keep her unswaddled, tickle her cheeks and feet, do whatever you can to wake her up. Put her to the breast first, and when she signals she is done, if you still feel she hasn't gotten enough fluids, THEN express a bit more to feed her either by fingertip, syringe, spoon or cup. You don't really have a medical reason to introduce a bottle at this point, so I would try those other methods first if needed. Whenever you do decide to introduce a bottle, I'd recommend the First Years Breastflow bottle. Be persistent in offering the breast, and if your let down is slow, continue to pump just long enough prior to nursing to get the letdown started so that she gets an immediate reward when she latches on and sucks. You guys will get the hang of it! It is a big learning curve for Mommy AND baby!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search